PDA

View Full Version : colon cleanse

Davita28
01-07-2010, 05:16 AM
anyone tried a colon cleanse I am thinking of trying one. I constantly feel bloated.

mountaindreamer
01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
oh, davita...please try something else before the colon cleanse. This is so hard on the body, and might send you into a flare.

Saysusie
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes, do be careful when using a colon cleanse...there are a lot of precautions that you must take because it is really hard on the body.
Have you tried pure Acai juice? I find that drinking this, along with a daily fiber drink, helps with my feelings of bloat (I have IBS). Others may be along with other suggestions that you can try before you seriously consider a colon cleanse. If you do the colon cleanse, please seek advice from your doctor first.
I wish you the best of luck

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree with Mountaindreamer and Saysusie. The Lupus Foundation of America, and my own Rheumotologist do not recommend this procedure for people with Lupus. The risks far outweigh the possible benefits, and it's doubtful that there are any significant benefits to be had. I'd steer clear of this.

Rob

Serenity81
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Ditto what everyone else said... I had to have a colonoscopy done last year and I felt HORRIBLE afterwards for weeks.. knowing what I know now, I'm sure that it in fact did send me into a flare.

Please be careful.

kim,l
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
what about a detox has anyone tried that i started yesterday and plan on only eating fruit and vegetables for 2 weeks ami doing the right thing or is this a bad idea it is just that i am feeling so unwell with flare i was hoping it would help. hugs kiml

Davita28
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
thanks guys i guess ill just eat more fiber until my next doc appt.

SandyR
01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Davita - be careful with how much fiber you eat. I would suggest calling a nutritionist or dietician that your doctor or rheumatologist recommends who is familiar with your medical conditions. They can help you develop a healthy eating plan with foods that will be least likely to upset your body or send you into flare. I have IBS too and have found that too much fiber, like too little fiber, can be very upsetting on my system and also make my IBS flair up.

Kiml- eating only fruits or vegetables for 2 weeks in a medically unsupervised setting is dangerous. Your body must have the proper number of vitamins, minerals and calories to function. Fasts like the ones you described (when done without supervision) can lead to low potassium levels, heart arythmias and even death. The same things I said to Davita I would say to you as well.

Please be careful and consult your medical professional before drastically changing your diets. Even without an already fragile system, these programs could be damaging to a body without the proper supervision and training.