PDA

View Full Version : Lupus rash?

Rebeccak
08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I just recently learned that my ANA test was positive and I am awaiting an appointment with a rheumatologist to see if I definetely have Lupus. On top of the ANA being positive, all my symptoms point to the fact that I have it... Anyway, I recently found a track-like patterned rash on my breast. (underneath the areola). Sorry to be graphic :oops: It's about an inch long and 1/8 of an inch wide. It's dark red and not raised. I did tons of research on the internet and don't see that area to be where a lupus rash might turn up. I'll wait for my appointment to find out but I'm very ANXIOUS until then so I thought I'd post this message and see if anyone had any input? I also made an appointment with my OB/GYN just in case it's not lupus related.

Please reply! Thanks!

hippimom2
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome rebeccak. You've found a great site for support and information. I can understand your anxiety about waiting. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your appointment. The lupus waiting game can take a long time. Depending on what labs your regular doctor did, the rheumatologist may do some more labs in addition to the ANA. About the rash - I haven't heard of a rash like that associated with lupus, but that doesn't mean anything. I find I get rashes in places other than my face such as my legs, feet, and chest. Lupus can affect one person differently than another. HAng in there. We are here for you if you are worried, need to talk, or have any other questions. Please let us know how things continue to go for you. Take care. :D