PDA

View Full Version : More hospitalvisits

kim,l
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Well its a new year and we are back to the same thing hospital visits mikaela went for mri and she sobbed because the noise was so painful to her head next week she goes for lumbar puncture as well as ultrasound because her stomach was distented it is such a worry she will spend time in hospital. My husband stephen also has to have neurological tests next week on the same day just as well the childrens hospital and adults hospital are right next to each other i willhave to g fromone to the other which will be hard walking as i am flaring severly bad at the moment my fatigue is bad i cannot sleep because of severe joint pain fingers are really bad as wellasarms knees hips and feet the headache is absolutely hurrendous am relying on walking stickallthe time it is annoying because just before christmas i was feeling great the mexotrexate was helping i was alsomanaging t walk short distance slowly without stick now it has started again i think it is stress i amstillfighting with goverment housing for transfer but nowthey say i wasnot put on escalatedlist and it could take tillnext december beforei get transfer. Where we live there is some really bad people moved here lately last week someone petrol bombed 2 cars in the car park we are lucky we have our own backyard soour car was not there but the carpark is next to our villa so the flames came close to our house this is the 4th time in 2 weeks the fire engines have come . Also the pharmacist who delivers my medication is scared to come tofront door because the new neighbourshave tried to attack im this wasonce a quiet place to live now i am scaredallthe time they live in drunken drugged out stuper wearefrightened to go out into backyard as they throwbricks andother thingsover our fence the stress ismaking us sick but they stillwill not hurry transfer i washoping this year would be better but it as not started off so good oh wellthat is what life has dealt me and there are worst off people than me so i am greatful for my family and my friends here i can talk to i willjust take one day atatimeand hope for the best love and hugs kiml

magistramarla
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Kim,
I'm so sorry to read yet more stress for you and your family. Keep complaining to "the powers that be". Perhaps they will get you moved just to shut you up!
Take care of yourself & family.
Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Kim,

I too am sorry to hear about the additional stressors and think that Marla has a point. I say give that housing board as much hell as they have given you and they will get tired of hearing from you. Call them every Monday (or whatever day) at the same time to "check on the status of your request" and "see if elevating your case to a higher priority has been made possible as of today". They will get to the point where they know you by voice and will want to elevate you to stop hearing your voice.

That's horrible about the neighbors. It's bad enough that you don't feel safe in your own home, but to be physically threatened by these creatins who moved in is just unbearable. Can you ring the police and report them? Same like the housing authority, do it as often as you need to until they take steps to solve the problem, but perhaps do it anonymously since these people are obviously very capable of physical harm.

I was wondering about the sleep study. I hope it will bring Stephen that CPAP he needs and some much needed rest along with it. I've heard they can really change a person's life for the better so I hope this is the first in many positive steps for him and you. I am glad the doctors are still taking Mikaela syptoms seriously and hope that next week brings an answer for her. How are things with Sarah at the home and has your son been around? How's your mom? It's no wonder you are in a flare right now. Your poor body is filled to the roottips of your little hairs with stress. Don't worry about the walking right now. Managing and cooping with the stress and flare and stress of the flare are more important right now. Walking can wait till your body is ready for that again.

(((HUGS))) & (((PRAYERS)))

Sandy

Saysusie
01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh Kim;
I am so sorry that you will have to wait yet another year, practically, for new housing and that the year has to be spent with violent neighbors. I would bet, however, that the police are keeping their eyes on these neighbors and that you may not have to contend with them much longer. I think that the police should be made aware of their attacks of the delivery person from your pharmacy. If they get enough complaints about these people, they will make their lives miserable and/or toss them all in jail.
I am also so sorry to hear about Mikaela going back to the hospital and your husband having to be there at the same time. You are under so much stress and my heart goes out to you. Please know that we are here for you and I pray that you are able to get some relief from all of these stressors very soon.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh Kim darlin...my heart is heavy for you and your family. You're right that you can only take one day at a time and hang onto hope...remember to make time to take good care of yourself.

I wouldn't listen to them that it would take a year to move you and your family. I'm with the advice already given to become a squeaky wheel about it...and while you keep that up, I'll keep asking God to help ya'll. (((((hugs)))))