PDA

View Full Version : Protein in my urine

KATROACH1972
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I have an appointment 18th with Nephrology about protein in urine. Just keeping everyone up to date! luv yall Kathy

Faith
01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Hey Kat,

How much are you leaking? I am in the same boat.

Take care,

Faith

mountaindreamer
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
hi kathy.

my fingers are crossed....please let us know.

BonusMom
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear of yet another complication. Keep us posted on your appointment.

KATROACH1972
01-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks ladies! yall are blessing! I dropped off urine for the 24hour protein, and did labwork today. I think my last urine test was 30grams of protein. Not much, i guess but more then negative, or trace! hugs kathy

Faith
01-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi Kat,

Are you on high blood pressure meds by any chance? My doc increased my blood pressure meds and I am leaking less protein suddenly. Have you talked with your doctor about your bp? Just curious.

Keep us posted and I am praying for you.

God Bless,

Faith

abbasgirl
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Kathy...any news? How are you?

KATROACH1972
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi Faith, i have been on blood pressure medicines about year and half. 2 meds, and my bp is still high on bottom number. usually 90's-100's. thanks for prayers sweetie! Luv ya hugs Kathy

KATROACH1972
01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Kathy...any news? How are you? Hey girlie! My 24 hour urine had no protein! I am still going to nephrologist 18th. just to have one on board in case. luv ya hugs sweetie! Kathy

abbasgirl
01-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Keep us updated Kathy darlin'. Miss having you around here more. (((((Hugs)))))

Faith
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Whew hoooo. Good news Kathy. Prayer does work.

Faith

KATROACH1972
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Keep us updated Kathy darlin'. Miss having you around here more. (((((Hugs)))))
THANKS SWEETIE! I have been on Imuran since the day i found out about the protein urine, about 8 weeks, so im pretty sure thats what made this dumb Lupus leave my kidneys alone(for now) I hate this disease! Meds make u feel worse then lupus, i take 10 medicines a day now! SUX! lol but being gone would suck more. hugs Kathy

KATROACH1972
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Whew hoooo. Good news Kathy. Prayer does work.

Faith Yup agree with u sweetie 100% hugs Kathy

KATROACH1972
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I went to Nephrologist today. He said that if my urine doesnt quit showing protein i will have to get biopsy of kidneys! yuck! He is checking levels again in end of Febuary. Hugs Kathy

BonusMom
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh, Kathy, that just stinks! We'll keep a good thought for you.

KATROACH1972
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh, Kathy, that just stinks! We'll keep a good thought for you.
Thanks sweetie i appreciate it! hugs Kathy

mountaindreamer
01-19-2010, 04:37 PM
hey kathy,

I know this kidney stuff has you really worried. All of this unknown that runs with lupus is nerve racking. Please keep us posted on what is going on....I like it when you are around.

KATROACH1972
01-19-2010, 09:22 PM
hey kathy,

I know this kidney stuff has you really worried. All of this unknown that runs with lupus is nerve racking. Please keep us posted on what is going on....I like it when you are around.
:cute:Thank u! I will keep every1! posted. hugs Kathy

Faith
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey Kathy,

Keep thinking positive and praying. It may not be an issue as you may not leak any protein. Take one day at a time. My Mom is a 40 year diabetic with 20% of kidneys working. I know how you feel every time you have to drop off a sample!! It may not show up and then you don't have to worry about it. I leaked 160; but was told that I was a +1 typical lupus patient and not too worry until I started leaking 300. I began praying and so far so good. I will be praying for you.
Take care and keep us updated.

Faith

KATROACH1972
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey Kathy,

Keep thinking positive and praying. It may not be an issue as you may not leak any protein. Take one day at a time. My Mom is a 40 year diabetic with 20% of kidneys working. I know how you feel every time you have to drop off a sample!! It may not show up and then you don't have to worry about it. I leaked 160; but was told that I was a +1 typical lupus patient and not too worry until I started leaking 300. I began praying and so far so good. I will be praying for you.
Take care and keep us updated.

Faith:laugh:Thanks Faith you always are an encourager! hugs Kathy

Faith
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Thank you Kathy; I try to be encouraging.

I remind myself that there is always someone else whom is going through more than I am or worse off. Think of it as the glass is half full vs. half empty. lol. speaking of glass; drink lots of water on the day you have your test.

Hmmm, in fact I read that if you want to lose weight (which I really want/need to) that if you drink half of your body weight (ounces) in water; you will lose weight. So . . if you weigh 150 lbs; drink 75 ounces of water. Not sure if it works; but I am going to try it the next couple of weeks.

Let us know what your results are and I am praying for ya!!!

Faith

KATROACH1972
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Faith. I try never to feel sorry for myself, I was nurse 17 yrs and seen worst of worst. Whenever i start thinking about myself, i remember the ones I took care of. I hope i didnt come off as feeling sorry, lol last thing i wanted. hugs Kathy again i luv every1 lol

Faith
01-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi Kathy. I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way. Believe me, you did not come off as feeling sorry for yourself. I was not thinking that at all. My Mom called and stated the cancer has returned for the 3rd time and I was thinking of my Mom when I left a message. I was thinking how fortunate I am. I have been praying a lot for her; they are trying to schedule her for surgery in the next week or two.

Take care,

Faith

KATROACH1972
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I am so sorry sweetie. I hate cancer I have lost several to that dumb disease. I will be praying for your mom. Its hard to to figure out sometimes what Gods plans are, I have tried to just pray and let him do what his will is. Alot of the times it ends up differently then I think it should, but as time goes by i always see the good that came from the sadness. Luv ya sweetie! Keep up your faith! Beautiful name! :). hugs if you need me please let me know. Personal message me if u like 2. God bless

Faith
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Just checking in to see what you found out at the doctor on leaking protein?? I hope you are having a painless day.

God Bless,

Faith

KATROACH1972
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Faith! I am going end of Feb, or March to get 24hour urine and ultrasound of kidneys. I think it will be alright. Hows your mom? I have been praying 4 her. hugs luv Kathy
Just checking in to see what you found out at the doctor on leaking protein?? I hope you are having a painless day.

God Bless,

Faith

Faith
02-04-2010, 02:40 AM
My Mom is doing well. Thank you for asking. They think they got all the cancer although they stated it's very aggressive and could come back. She's 71 years old and she told me she doesn't know how many surgeries she can go through. I am praying. Let me know what you find out.

Take care & God Bless,

Faith

Faith
02-04-2010, 02:42 AM
My Mom is doing well though she doesn't know how many more surgeries she can go through at 71. They think they got it all again; but it could come back since it seems to be so aggressive. I am praying over it. Thank you for asking about her.

Let me know how you come out with your tests.

Take care & God Bless,

FAith

KATROACH1972
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks Faith. I will, and keep me posted about your mom. Blessings Kathy
My Mom is doing well though she doesn't know how many more surgeries she can go through at 71. They think they got it all again; but it could come back since it seems to be so aggressive. I am praying over it. Thank you for asking about her.

Let me know how you come out with your tests.

Take care & God Bless,

FAith

justomegirlindallas
02-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Sorry to sound all crabby, but as a cardio patient who has had bypass - WTF IS YOUR DOCTOR DOING LEAVING YOU AT THAT HIGH BOTTOM NUMBER?????

KATROACH1972
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
You know, I dont know? I asked about it being so high and they said dont worry about it? Ok?I have chest pains all the time especially when i wake up at night. Who knows. Hate to say it, but I think they are trying to get rid of me. :( Thanks for your message hugs Kathy
Sorry to sound all crabby, but as a cardio patient who has had bypass - WTF IS YOUR DOCTOR DOING LEAVING YOU AT THAT HIGH BOTTOM NUMBER?????