PDA

View Full Version : Omen of the New Year?

DrinkofWtr
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Well I went out yesterday to start my car so that I could go get my hair cut and my car would not start. Today I called AAA and they said it wasn't the battery, so I had to have the car towed to my parking space behind the building where I live. Don't know when I will have the funds to fix it? Don't even know what is wrong with it? I certainly hope this is not an omen for the New Year. I am a bit superstitious. The walking will be good for me though, even though I will miss the convenience of my car.

SandyR
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Did AAA check the fuses???? What kind of car do you drive? I once had a car "die" called AAA - not the battery - towed it to the nearest mechanic and found out it was a bad selenoid coil. Apparantly it was a part that was recalled for my car, but I didn't know. It was fixed for free under the warranty. If it's not the fuses, see if your car's make/model has any current recalls.

And no - I don't think it's an omen of the year to come. It's maybe a sign to stop and slow down a little.

Saysusie
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Well, let's not look at it as an omen. Maybe it is the "motivation" for the year. I bet that you, like many of us, made a resolution to exercise and/or lose a bit of weight. Perhaps this is you kick start in disguise:yes:

Walking, for us, is one of the absolute best forms of exercise. Keep up the good work. In the meantime, I do hope that the issue with your car is nothing serious and that you can have it repaired inexpensively!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't think the AAA person checked fuses. He tried to jump start the battery though. The good news though is that I walked two miles yesterday and though I am not used to walking so much, I was really tired after the walk. Today though I feel so much better and am planning on taking another long walk tomorrow. I have a Saturn, Sandy. I'll check recalls on it on the computer. The car has given me a lot of headaches through the years. It is a 2001 Saturn SL. Thanks for your advice Sandy. I checked out the recalls, but none applied to my car's VEN No.

DrinkofWtr
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Sandy, I found out it is my starter that needs to be replaced. Two mechanics have told be this.

SandyR
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
that stinks, but I am glad you got an answer and a relatively simple solution. what are they quoting you for a price???

DrinkofWtr
01-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Around $170 for a new starter, not rebuilt. Incidentally, a neighbor got the car started for me. I took it out to run errands and the same thing happened again. I had to call AAA again. The AAA person got it going again, but he said he used to be a mechanic and he said also that the starter was the problem. Now I have two mechanics saying it is the starter. How much more proof do I need? I think I now know it has to be replaced.

DrinkofWtr
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Well we traded a couch which was too big for the new apartment for a neighbor, a master mechanic, to put a rebuilt starter in my car. I got it in just in time because my mother fell at a supermarket a couple of days ago and I will be helping them shop, etc. I wouldn't be able to do that if it weren't for my transportation and thus being able to get over to their place. Also, I have a job interview and a Drs. appointment to get to real soon. All I can say is that the lord provides.

Saysusie
01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes he does!