PDA

View Full Version : Grandma again!!! Ryan is here!!

magistramarla
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone,
Ryan Tyler Singleton was born at 11:56 on Jan. 1, 2010. Check out the new album that I uploaded to see him. He weighed 7 lbs. and was very healthy, except that he and Mommy both picked up an infection (thanks to the hospital) and has to have ten days of antibiotics. It has been a rough few days for all of us. Meg wound up with a c-section because of the infection. There was a good reason that I had my babies at home!!
I'm busy cooking good meals to take to the new parents at the hospital.
Ryan is a beautiful baby with golden blond hair and dark blue eyes. He looks like a tiny version of his Daddy.
From the proud Grandma,
Marla

BonusMom
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
He's beautiful! Was he born at 12:56 am or pm? So sorry about their picking up an infection, but glad that it can be treated. I bet you are absolutely exhausted Grandma M! Please take good care of yourself. I know you want to do everything you can to help, but don't compromise your health in doing so. Congratulations to your family!

joaney
01-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi Marla
Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous.
I'm sure Meg and baby Ryan will recover quite quickly from the infection. Enjoy your time up there, and take good care.
Joaney.

kim,l
01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
hi marla he is gorgeous congratulations great way to celebrate newyear hope meg and ryan better soon hugs kim l

Angel Oliver
01-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Oh what a cutie, Congratulations he's beautiful.xxxxxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-03-2010, 04:51 AM
congrat marla!! bet your in your element sorry ot hear about infection but i'm sure that they're have speedy recovery with your cooking!! xxx

alovinghusband
01-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Congatulations thats a heck of a Christmas present for grandma,enjoy the new baby

Bonita
01-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Condratulations and best wishes to all of you and a speedy recovery for your daughter and the baby. Having grandchilen and children is the best gifts next to Jesus God ever gave us enjoy your new grandbaby. Love and prayers Bonita

pandagirl
01-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Now thats a way to start the new year! All the best to you and the family.

Saysusie
01-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh... how beautiful!! Many, many congratulations and what a wonderful way to celebrate the New Year!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks, everyone
They are both doing just fine, and we hope that we can get them home on Tuesday. Some of those nurses are just not very understanding of a nursing mom and baby, so I can't wait to get them away from them.
BTW, It was 11:56 pm. He just barely got Jan 1 as a birthday. Jeff flies back to California tomorrow and Hillary arrives for a visit on Tuesday. I'll stay 'til Jan 11, so I've still got baby-holding time to go.
Love,
Marla

debbie-b
01-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Marla,

He is sooo cute, congratulations. It is great being a grandma, isn't it?

Debbie

Saysusie
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I am so glad they are doing better and I am sure they are just as anxious as you are to get into the care of Mommy/Grandmom, even for a short period of time!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

puzzled
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Congratulations Marla that's lovely news. Enjoy your time with Ryan.

magistramarla
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I've spent a happy day baby-holding. Meg's milk came in, so Ryan has been a little punch-drunk on Mommy's milk today. When he wasn't greedily nursing, he was sleeping on Grandma's shoulder while Mom & Dad took a shower or a walk. I certainly didn't mind being his first babysitter. Tyler's grandparents visited, so I got some great pics of him with the great-grandparents.
I'll pick up Hillary at the airport tomorrow, and it looks like Meg and Ryan will get to come home tomorrow evening. We'll get the two of them comfy on the couch, then Hillary and I will cook and we'll plug in some chic flicks so that we can eat and pass the baby back and forth.
I'm looking forward to the next few days!
Marla

rob
01-05-2010, 02:37 AM
This is all great news Marla. I'm so happy for your family. I can hear a proud Grandmother in every word you write.

Rob

Saysusie
01-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day you have planned and I know that it will be just perfect for new mom and baby! You are such a wonderful mother/grandmother and a blessings to your family!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Marla, he's precious! Congratulations!

magistramarla
01-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone,
We got to bring both of them home today! Hillary is here, and she helped me to get more groceries at the commissary and to get a nice dinner together for them. We introduced Ryan to his dog - the 130 lb. German Shepherd. Conner was very calm about the baby and was just happy to lie down at Meg's feet. We made sure that the new little family was comfy, bought Daddy a six pack of beer, and then left them alone to be a family. I'm just relieved that they are safely home!
Marla

abbasgirl
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Marla...so glad they're home!

What a great mom and grandma you are! That's a wonderful homecoming!

mountaindreamer
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh Marla,

what beautiful days you are having with that precious little joy.... thank you for sharing them with us.

congrats grandma.

BadFlareDay
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Congrats Marla, being a Grandma is so much fun. I have a total of 3, 2 boys and 1 girl. When you look into their little eyes all you see is a miracle looking back at you. Enjoy your new Grandbaby, his beauty is simply perfect.

I've had my youngest in my care since Sept 09. He came to us at 8mths old. It is so hard to believe how fast they grow, when he came here he was doing the belly scoot, had no teeth and now he is ready to walk and loves munching down on food with those 6 teeth that he now has.

I've had to make a lot of adjustments to take on his care, the days that the horrible flares hit I just want to cry but the Lord gets me through it. I have lost ALL napping rights that I used to enjoy so much, oh well there will be time for those later on I guess.

magistramarla
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Badflareday,
I know exactly what you mean about grandchildren. Ryan is my third grandson. The other two have lived in our house at least a couple of years of their lives. Grandpa and I have gotten very close to them. Now our family is scattered all across the U.S., but we try to maintain a close relationship with the little guys. David, the 10 year old, will fly out to California from Texas this summer to spend some time with us. Then, I plan to fly with him to Denver to visit his cousin Kyle on his 5th birthday. The three boys are the joys of my life. I have five children, so I hope that I can look forward to more little joys.
Marla

Nonna
01-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Congratulations maria and badflareday, and to all us grandmothers. MY 5th grandchild arrived on January 8th. Now I have 3 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.

Nonna

magistramarla
01-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Congratulations, Nonna!
January 8 is my daughter's birthday. The day that I had her, the midwife's assistant was jealous because I had my baby on Elvis' birthday. (I wasn't even aware of it until then!) Then she went into labor near the end of mine, but she had her baby early in the morning of Jan. 9.
My girl was 25 this year, and now has a 4 year old son of her own.
I'm hoping that my kids will start giving me some more of those little bundles of joy, so maybe I'll catch up with you!
Marla

magistramarla
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone!
Check out the picture that I'm very proud of! Ryan met his dog, Conner. Conner is already very protective of the little guy.
BTW, The blanket was made by Grandma.