PDA

View Full Version : V4 hey... nice work admins...

TobyJug
12-30-2009, 06:10 PM
very nice..... well done on the integration to Vbulletin 4...
Looking good.....
seems that you admins are getting there....

My mates forum (for truck drivers & ex drivers like me) has just gone over too.....

Good luck anyway and thought I say that I think it's great....

Larz77
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
I keep getting booted out. No arcade. Confusing navigations. No warning it was coming....

admin
12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
I had posted in the past month or so that updates were coming but yes, I just did a fell swoop upgrade of all my forums on my day off. I did a test first on my personal forum and it went smooth.

I'll be making more changes as I get feedback from my other communities as well. It will definitely take a little getting used to, and will be easier to navigate as I make changes. Give it a month or so and I think it will be more comfortable.

rob
12-31-2009, 06:16 AM
I really like the new front page, although I don't speak Lorem Ipsum very fluently!:laugh:

debbie-b
12-31-2009, 06:34 AM
I keep getting booted out. No arcade. Confusing navigations. No warning it was coming....

I like it though, it just takes a little getting used to.

Debbie

Larz77
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
I had posted in the past month or so that updates were coming but yes, I just did a fell swoop upgrade of all my forums on my day off. I did a test first on my personal forum and it went smooth.

I'll be making more changes as I get feedback from my other communities as well. It will definitely take a little getting used to, and will be easier to navigate as I make changes. Give it a month or so and I think it will be more comfortable.

I shouldn't have complained. I know you guys do the best you can with the time you have. Thanks so much.

Larz

Angel Oliver
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, Conrad this looks fab! Finding my way round slowly but wow...i'll get used to it.Happy new year everyone.xxxx

abbasgirl
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Great job Conrad. Nice new look for a new year.

Larz...your signature and avi cracks me and hubby up. You should put doctor coats on them with little light thingies on their heads. lol.

SandyR
12-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow, Conrad! You have been quite busy. I was so worried when I couldn't get on yesterday that the link changed again and I didn't have the new one. So far, it looks wonderful.

magistramarla
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
I really like the new front page, although I don't speak Lorem Ipsum very fluently!:laugh:

Ah, but I do speak Lorum Ipsum!
The site looks terrific. I remember that Conrad warned us, but it still surprised me a bit.
Marla

Saysusie
01-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I, too, think that the front page is exceptional!! Not only do I not speak Lorem Ipsum, I don't even know what it is:laugh:

Conrad, I am not going to laud you with praise because you are probably sick and tired of hearing me do that. Plus, I think you know how I feel about you and all that you do!!

Always
Saysusie

admin
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Actually it means a lot to me SaySusie. I've put a lot of money and now time into these upgrades and as you imagine I've been barraged with requests from the different communities. I'm putting in a lot of hours on it but there's so much to do that it will take several more weeks. So an "attaboy" was very nice right now.

Some of the things I'm working on now you might not notice: like search functions are restored. Others you may notice: like the arcade is now back online.

I'm also working like a madman while I have time - don't have details yet, but I may be leaving China and touring the US some time in the future. I'll know more in a month or so.

Saysusie
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
OMGOSH!! My Conrad back in the U.S.!! Now, I have something to look forward to. I will be the one, in the crowd where you are performing, with the big grin and outstretched arms!!!

I know, all too well, how hard you work on these forums. I remember watching you put in so many late, late hours here in Victorville. I also know how dedicated you are to all of your forums and especially your devotion to WHL. I still remember the day when you offered this site to me...that is such a VIVID memory for me.

I try, very hard, not to bother you too much about WHL and to only come to you when there is a problem that neither I or Rob can figure out. Please know that, since this is still one of the greatest gifts that I've ever received, I will always cherish you, what you do, and how hard you work!

I am off to explore all the new things that you've provided. So, I will be oooohing and aaaawwing for a while! Hope to talk with you soon.
Sending you Much Love
Saysusie

rob
01-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Actually it means a lot to me SaySusie. I've put a lot of money and now time into these upgrades and as you imagine I've been barraged with requests from the different communities. I'm putting in a lot of hours on it but there's so much to do that it will take several more weeks. So an "attaboy" was very nice right now.

Some of the things I'm working on now you might not notice: like search functions are restored. Others you may notice: like the arcade is now back online.

I'm also working like a madman while I have time - don't have details yet, but I may be leaving China and touring the US some time in the future. I'll know more in a month or so.

I'll give you a huge attaboy Conrad. We Have Lupus is easily one of the best forums of it's type on the net. And your latest upgrades are like going out to the garage, and discovering a brand new Ferrari just waiting to be driven. Your hard work, and the time you spend keeping this site up to date and user friendly are very much appreciated!

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
all i have to say is i don't even know what 'attaboy' is but if robs using it to describe you adn your work in keeping this site gonig it must be good!! i have been using this site for nearly a year now!! and i really don't know what i would do with out it!! no matter how long you are away from it for it always here to come back to!! and no matter how low and loney you feel it here to help comfort you!! and know it wouldn't be possible not only for its members but for the 3 of you and i am only just learning the hard work you guys put in to it soooo from the very bottom of my heart toes and fingers i thank you for everything you, saysusie and rob do in keeping the site runnning !!!
from one indivdually lupie sitting in her house on her iown n little town in the uk i thank you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

debbie-b
01-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I, too, think that the front page is exceptional!! Not only do I not speak Lorem Ipsum, I don't even know what it is:laugh:

Conrad, I am not going to laud you with praise because you are probably sick and tired of hearing me do that. Plus, I think you know how I feel about you and all that you do!!

Always
Saysusie

First of all Saysusie, I will admit, that I don't speak Lorem Ipsom, nor do I know what it is. Now that you admitted to it, I will too.

As for you Conrad, thank for all your hard work and know that we appreciate it very much.
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have this many lovely friends.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Debbie

rob
01-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Heidi,

Attaboy, is considered praise, a verbal slap on the back to acknowledge a job well done. Typically it's a breakdown of the phrases "That's a Good Boy", or "That a Boy". It's probably not a term used in the U.K. much.

Saysusie, and Debbie,

Here's a link that will explain what Lorem ipsum is-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Saysusie
01-03-2010, 01:32 PM
AHA....So it is basically a nonsensical version of Latin!! Explains a lot. But, is there any way that it can be translated? I mean, Pig Latin can be translated once you know the key rules. Are there rules to Lorem Ipsum?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

admin
01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Lorem Ipsum is always the same string of text, at least when I've seen it.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Heidi,

Attaboy, is considered praise, a verbal slap on the back to acknowledge a job well done. Typically it's a breakdown of the phrases "That's a Good Boy", or "That a Boy". It's probably not a term used in the U.K. much.

Saysusie, and Debbie,

Here's a link that will explain what Lorem ipsum is-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

awwww thanks rob not a phrase i have heard before but deffo one i will bring over the big pond and use myself!!! x

ssingh
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah!
new layout look really good. I have question that why typing www.wehavelupus.com does not work or does not direct to the new page??

DrinkofWtr
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
It will take me awhile to get used to the new forum and it's new look. I am not real big on change, as I have had so many changes in my life.

rob
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah!
new layout look really good. I have question that why typing www.wehavelupus.com does not work or does not direct to the new page??

Hi ssingh,

The WHL address is-

http://forum.wehavelupus.com

ssingh
01-04-2010, 10:12 AM
thanks, My bad........

admin
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah!

That link is the actually a different URL, kind of like a different website - right now it's just one big link to click to here.

Saysusie
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok...same stream of text that means nothing! Only in America:laugh:

rob
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
awwww thanks rob not a phrase i have heard before but deffo one i will bring over the big pond and use myself!!! x

That's funny. After talking to you, Amanda, and ISDM, I've started to use your U.K. term "Fab" all the time!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
That's funny. After talking to you, Amanda, and ISDM, I've started to use your U.K. term "Fab" all the time!

hehe i think my most used saying is 'cool beans' i been saying it that long and that often its rubbed off on quite few people to the pont i have friends that call me beans and even people lke my step mum and other friends and family in the states say it!! but then again am also known for talking me own language lol