PDA

View Full Version : SIBO and lupus

ssingh
12-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I was Diagnosed with SIBO( Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) more than a year ago, but my GI refuse to use antibiotic to treat it. The hydrogen breath test was positive. My symptoms are like not properly formed stool and gasiness. GI is saying that all this is caused by lupus that small intestines does not function right in lupus patients. he said antibiotic might make it more worse..
any comments ?

BonusMom
12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Get a new GI!

Seriously, Xifaxen (sp?) works great for SIBO. I took two courses of it last year and no longer test positive for SIBO, even with gastroparesis.

ssingh
12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
thank you! I guess time for new GI. The problems with that new doc wants to run his all test again and again.

rob
12-29-2009, 04:16 AM
thank you! I guess time for new GI. The problems with that new doc wants to run his all test again and again.

Tell them you are not there for a diagnosis, you already have that. You are there for a treatment. Refuse to take the redundant, unneccesary tests, and demand a script for the antibiotics you need. You have the right to refuse any test you want. Be assertive, get in their face if you need to. If they will not treat your already diagnosed condition, fire them find someone who will.

abbasgirl
12-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree. I just fired my GI Doc recently and am looking for another. A good GI doc will not want to run the same tests again unless he/she suspects that something wasn't done right. You really need to be in better hands. ((((Hugs))))

mountaindreamer
12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
hi ssingh,

so sorry about another bad dr.....when will they all go away?

hope you can find another one very soon....maybe your rheumy can recommend someone.

Can you get your test results from the worthless GI and take them with you to the new one.

rob
12-29-2009, 09:51 AM
hi ssingh,

so sorry about another bad dr.....when will they all go away?

When we find a suitable place to hide all their bodies?:wideeyed:

Sorry, bad joke.

Samo
12-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Rob, you crack me up :laugh:

sick n tired
12-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Hahahaha...Rob...can we add my Gi man, too...:-) I, also, am looking for another one because he is a jerk...I agree with Abbasgirl...you shouldn't have all those tests run again and again...what a crock...he is just wanting money...we must be going to the same man...

Saysusie
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Rob...I know I shouldn't say this, but I thought it was a most appropriate joke :9:
I also agree with you 100% on the advice that you gave and I second everything that you suggested. Singh, do not allow any doctor to stalemate you or to make money by running unnecessary tests..demand a prescription for the illness that you have been diagnosed with! I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie