PDA

View Full Version : It's been a week now...

Larz77
12-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Broke my leg one week ago this morning. Honestly, this is the most down I've felt. Tried to keep the old attitude high, but this morning...Perhaps it's the anniversary thing and the realization that I still have like 5 weeks before I can start walking.

No-one really answered my question about lupus flares and physical stress like this. Figure it's the last thing I need, and I'm feeling very lucky up to this point (lol). I've been getting my night sweats something fierce the last couple of days. Not sure if it's the pain, the drugs, the surgery, some start of some infection, the inflamation I'm sure I have, or if this is my lupus.

Larz

rob
12-27-2009, 08:46 AM
H Larry,

You made it through the first week, only 5 weeks now instead of six. Ok, I know, that's lame. But really, you have made it through more than just one week. You made it throught the operation, that's a big deal to me. Going into surgery, I would be just as scared as you were, maybe even more.

I guess nobody really answered the question about physical stress from this procedure causing a flare. Maybe people didn't want to add to your stress by saying you could possibly have a flare from all this. Of course, physical and emotional stress can and often do induce a flare. If it happens, it happens.

You have gone through the operation, and the first (and hardest) week of recovery. You have had flares before, you made it through those, and you will make it through the next, whenever that may happen.

Look at the bright side, you have plenty of time to make sure you are still the king of the arcade (I don't think your position was ever in jeopardy)! Just hang in there, keep your mind, and yourself busy, and try not to fall into the worry hole. It's no fun in there.

Rob

scubagramplit
12-27-2009, 10:33 AM
H Larry,

You made it through the first week, only 5 weeks now instead of six. Ok, I know, that's lame. But really, you have made it through more than just one week. You made it throught the operation, that's a big deal to me. Going into surgery, I would be just as scared as you were, maybe even more.

I guess nobody really answered the question about physical stress from this procedure causing a flare. Maybe people didn't want to add to your stress by saying you could possibly have a flare from all this. Of course, physical and emotional stress can and often do induce a flare. If it happens, it happens.

You have gone through the operation, and the first (and hardest) week of recovery. You have had flares before, you made it through those, and you will make it through the next, whenever that may happen.

Look at the bright side, you have plenty of time to make sure you are still the king of the arcade (I don't think your position was ever in jeopardy)! Just hang in there, keep your mind, and yourself busy, and try not to fall into the worry hole. It's no fun in there.

Rob

Rob, I must say that you give good advice and are very caring and knowledgeable with this thing we call lupus. It sounds also like you are going to have a good day out shooting, I havn't done that in I don't know how long, I miss it, I used to do quite a bit of it and doing my own reloading. Oh well, some day.

Bonita
12-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Hope you are soon feeling better and on the road to recovery. Love and prayers Bonita

magistramarla
12-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Hang in there Larry,
As Rob said, you've probably made it through the worst week with the surgery and recovery. Yes, stress can cause the lupus to flare, but stressing out worrying that it is going to happen isn't going to help.
Sit back, be the king of the couch, and get better.
As for the night sweats, are you running an actual fever? If so, notify your doc to make sure that it isn't an infection!
Take care,
Gentle Hugs,
Marla