PDA

View Full Version : Off to surgery...

Larz77
12-23-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm a bit scared. I see all of you brave people undergo procedures and here I am in a snit over an operation. You see, I've never had surgery before. Not sure if your first time, you all might have had some hesitation or not! They are putting two screws in my leg (at a minimum) at around 11:30am, CST. I'll be at the hospital at 9:30. Should be out today, assuming all goes well. All prayers during this time is appreciated.

Larz

Angel Oliver
12-23-2009, 05:51 AM
I know its nerve racking when its your first time having surgery,but you will be fine.Its a natrual thing to be nervous.I 'll be thinking of you and hope the op is a success for you to ease you.

Love
Amanda.xxxxxx

rob
12-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Hi Larry,

I'm sorry to hear you are going in for surgery today. Despite all the banging around and broken bones I've had over the years, I have never had an actual surgery done on anything. I would be very nervous and hesitant about the whole thing, so you are not alone! There is certainly no shame in being scared, so don't even worry about that. I hope all goes well. Say hello and let us know how you are doing when you are able.

Rob

abbasgirl
12-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey there Larz. It's good to see you here again.

I'm sorry you're having to undergo surgery. but you'll be glad you did once it's over and you've healed. I've had many surgeries but every time I have to go under again, I still get nervous. It's natural to feel that way. My family and I are praying for everything to go smoothly and you heal quickly. Please keep us updated on yourself. We've missed you!

BonusMom
12-24-2009, 04:49 AM
I hope everything went well and you're on your way to a thorough and speedy recovery!

rob
12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
How are you feeling today Larry? I hope everything went OK. Say hello when you can.

Rob

magistramarla
12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Larry,
I hope that all went well with your surgery. Have a restful, merry Christmas and then work very hard on your physical therapy. You will probably feel much better very soon.
Marla

mountaindreamer
12-24-2009, 02:40 PM
hi larry,

i hope you are home and being pampered. you can hang out with us while you are recuperating......we can find some strange topics to pass the time.

seriously, i send you prayers for a fast recovery. I am afraid every time i have any kind of medical "procedures".

merry christmas,

Larz77
12-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. All went well. the people at the hospital were all so nice. Ended up with a spinal block as they felt the recovery is better in this situation. Very strange to be numb from the waist down. I don't think I could handle that in a permanent situation.

Yesterday was a lot of pain. Today, seems better hadn't had a pain pill since 4am. I do have a headache though, not sure if it's the meds, the pain, the crutches, the spinal block I had...what ever.

So now, it's having to forego six weeks of healing. Not happy about this. Everything falling on my wife and kids (had to have two big snows that they had to shovel). The only concerns I have is all this "physical stress" bringing on a lupus attack (Months of January, Feb and March are the worst for me). Also, I have some anticardio antibody that means I can clot blood easily, although I never have. They have me giving myself shots for 10 days to keep the blood thin. So, just another hurdle to watch for.

How is everyone's Christmas? I hope you enjoy the holidays and Santa was nice to you all! I asked for a new leg and there was nothing but my broken one in my stocking this morning...lol

Larz

wolfwhisper
12-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Larz, happy to know your surgery went well. Sorry about Santa giving you your leg back by way of stocking stuffer. This Morning, Santa left a note reminding me to take my meds. lol.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Bonita
12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear that everything went well hope you have a speedy recovery and the headache is probably from the block. Bonita

rob
12-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Good to hear from you Larry, I'm glad the surgery went well. Just let yourself heal, and try not to worry too much if you can. I hope you had a good Christmas.

Rob

abbasgirl
12-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for updating us. I'm so glad that it went well Larz and you're on your way to healing. Am praying for a speedy recovery! ((((Hugs))))