PDA

View Full Version : Stomach protection medicine

ssingh
12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Please recommend stomach protection medicine such as prevacid, Zantac or such. Are they more effective taking empty stomach in the morning. Anything that worked best and which medicine? I always have sought of gastritis, gas, acid problems and recently kind of chest pressure in middle of chest. My Doc thinks it may be gas or my rib joints.....

mountaindreamer
12-22-2009, 08:34 PM
hi ssingh,

i take prevacid, and i take it at night with my other medications. I have never had a problem with acid reflux, but i had developed some real problems with digesting my food.

I can't tell you the best time to take it....i hate taking all of the medication, so i just take all of it at night before i go to sleep.

kim,l
12-22-2009, 10:03 PM
hi i take a medication called somac for my stomach problems as well as buscopan for cramps and wind blockages hope this helps merry christmas hugs kiml

brandichi
12-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I've tried nearly all of the stomach medications on the market, and had the best success with Aciphex. I have acid reflux, and this helps me to keep feeling good except the times I overdo it with food I really shouldn't eat. I take one every morning just before I have breakfast, and one right before bed. Hope this helps!

abbasgirl
12-23-2009, 07:02 AM
I've had battles with acid reflux off and on and prevacid helped. I made sure to take it way before I ate or drank anything or took any meds. I hope you find something that helps you. I think I know the rib pain you're feeling. That's always a tough one because you don't know if it's just trapped air or joint pain.