PDA

View Full Version : Pubic bone pain (female content)

busymom3
12-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I am having awful pain at my symphsis pubis junction. (where the pubic bones meet) I know what it is because I had it when I was pregnant. This time I am not pregnant. The doctor did not take me seriously yesterday, and we argued whether I needed a pelvic exam when I had a normal one 3 weeks ago. It wasn't a pretty appointment. I told my husband that I got the "difficult patient of the day" award. It hurts to sit. It hurts to stand. He scheduled me for a vaginal ultrasound in 3 weeks, but that isn't going to show anything but some ovarian cysts that I have had for years. This pain starts at the symphsis and radiates around my hip to my back.

Does anyone have this pain? I can't seem to find anything online about it unless one is pregnant, which I definitely am not. I can't seem to find anything. Motrin doesn't touch it. I thought that I could ignore it but when I rolled over in bed last night I got sharp pain. It is making me cranky which I can not be because I have tons to do before Christmas.

Anyone ever had this kind of pain?

I also know the wonderful feeling of Raynaud's now. Wow. It scared me at first. My sister gets it all the time and she filled me in. I now carry gloves all the time. I feel a little silly wearing gloves when it is 45 degrees outside, but white fingers aren't much fun.

Thanks for the help.

magistramarla
12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. My daughter is nine months pregnant, and she and I are both complaining of the same pain at the moment. I've told her - "Welcome to my world!" When I complain to the docs, I just point to my hips and say "it hurts here, especially when I try to roll over in bed." They seem to like "simple patient" complaints better than if we sound like we know what we're talking about. (Am I being sarcastic? It probably shows that I've been talking to my midwife friend this morning, and we get very disgusted at the medical establishment.)
My rheumy listened and ordered an MRI of my lower back. She suspects that my pain might be originating from a lower disc problem. Hopefully, the MRI will show something. Now I just have to wait 'til after the new year for the insurance to cover it.
Marla

busymom3
12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank you, Marla. I am hurting something awful. It hurts so bad to sit down, but it hurts to stand too. I do have a lower disc problem.It is just bulging, nothing serious. I have had it since I delivered my oldest 15 years ago. I wonder if it is related? There is no way I will get a MRI over this, so please let me know what you find out.