PDA

View Full Version : We're expecting!!...

Leksie
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
My husband and I are cautiously anticipating a baby boy on June 1st. I have yet to tell anybody (work, family), because I felt like such a failure with our last loss at 22 weeks earlier this year. I think I just need to say this out loud. Thanks for listening,
Natasha
Please keep us in your prayers.

Angel Oliver
12-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Oh Leksie CONGRATULATIONS my dear friend.I understand its a very anxious time for you as well,but you try and enjoy this time and i'll be thinking n praying for you all.Please stop thinking you were a failure,thats soooooooooo not true at all.What happened was not your fault.This is such good news.Rest and know everyone here send you muuch love n hugs.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

BonusMom
12-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Congratulations, Natasha, on your pregnancy! I understand your reluctance in sharing your good news, but please don't blame yourself for your previous miscarriage. There's absolutely nothing you did that caused you to miscarry. The stress stemming from your sense of failure is certainly not good for you and I hope that you will come to understand that.

We eagerly await June 1st and the birth of your healthy son.

magistramarla
12-16-2009, 10:44 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Natasha,
Everyone deserves at least one ornery little boy to raise. My one and only boy was something else to deal with, but now he is a good man who makes me proud. He certainly was harder to deal with than his sisters!
Many, many of us have dealt with miscarriages. I thought of it this way - when I lost my twins, from then on, I had my own two private little angels watching over the next three pregnancies.
Take extra good care of yourself - get a nice balance of rest and exercise, take your pre-natals and some extra folic acid, cut way down on salt intake, increase your protein (baby uses it to grow), and go buy yourself some raspberry leaf tea at a health food store. I used to work for a midwife, and we had our moms to drink lots of it - for some reason it "tones" the uterus, and is just plain good for pregnant women. We also recommended daily protein shakes. They are yummy and it is a good way to give that little guy the extra protein that he needs.
Keep us informed on how you're doing.
HAPPY BABY,
Marla

abbasgirl
12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
YEAH NATASHA! What wonderful news! Hallelujah!

I will keep you and your little one in my prayers, sweetie!

I'm so happy for you! :8:

Saysusie
12-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Many, many CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby!

TobyJug
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
congratulation....
All the best and wishes of good fortune and health for the little one....

SandyR
12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Natasha,

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby! That is fantastic news!

From what you said, it sounds like you are about 26 weeks! You must be getting a little bump with that slim figure so I am guessing your secret isn't going to be so secret much longer. :cute:

Much luck and happiness to you! And please, listen to Marla and relax and rest and try not to get too upset or stressed.

Sandy

Tamy
12-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Congratulations, and best of luck! I'm wishing you and your hubby all the very best, and I am keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
Tammy.

MicRoMediC
12-18-2009, 08:08 AM
congrats! i truly hope everything goes great.

mountaindreamer
12-18-2009, 09:44 AM
oh, congrats Natasha......like so many others have said, don't blame yourself for any problems with previous pregnancies....just love this little guy that is growing in your belly....oh, what fun.....

Leksie
12-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes! Now I have to prepare for an amnio :grumpy: no fun...

abbasgirl
12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh no...ouch!

How did that go?

Leksie
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I decided against amino, for me the risk of having one outweighed to need for information from it. Doctors were not convincing enough. It is in God's hands anyhow. 18 weeks now.

BonusMom
01-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I understand why you passed on the amnio Natasha and would probably make the same decision if I were in your shoes.

Keep taking good care of yourself!