PDA

View Full Version : Getting My Shots

BonusMom
12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm off to get the H1N1 vaccine. The last time it was offered in my community was for high risk individuals and I was ill (virus or flare?). This time it's open to everyone and I'm getting there early so hopefully there won't be a line.

Saysusie
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm glad that you are able to get your shot. My doctor and I have been back and forth on this issue, so I still haven't taken it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

BonusMom
12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I was number 114 and had to wait about 30 mins in line as I got to the clinic early. I told them about my medical stuff and I got my "special" shot (meaning it wasn't the live virus). I had to ask the nurse if she was done because I heard a little click but felt absolutely nothing when it hit my arm. Even now, some three hours later, I can't tell that I had a shot. Easiest medical treatment I've ever had.

abbasgirl
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm glad it was easy for you.

I haven't gotten it yet either Saysusie. My doctor doesn't argue with me about it though. I just don't know if I should.

magistramarla
12-15-2009, 11:55 AM
My doc told me that I'd better get it before I go to visit the new baby. The problem is that every time they've offered it in my area, it's been a cold, wet day, and I wasn't about to wait in a long line out-of-doors for it. I do wish that it could be offered at our doctors' offices. I'm afraid that I would get sick just waiting in the line to get the shot to keep me from getting sick!
On that note, just last week, my son-in-law, the soon-to-be father, had the H1N1 virus. Meg was thankful that she had taken the shot, since she had to take care of Tyler. He was pretty sick for a couple of days, but now he's back at work on the airplanes and feeling fine. They are back to trying very hard to get labor started - he's taking Meg and the dog on three mile walks around the base!
Marla

Saysusie
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Hmmm.. special shot with no live virus??? Why didn't my doctor mention this to me??? Making a phone call now!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

BonusMom
12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I had absolutely no side effects from the shot-no swelling of the arm, no malaise, no nothing! I'm glad that I was able to get it as I don't want to have to take any time off work that's not absolutely necessary.