PDA

View Full Version : Hi

ClaireMacl
08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Hiya,

I'm Claire... I've posted a few times, suddenly realised I haven't introduced myself!

I'm from a good old autoimmune family, my dad had Lupus from the age of 33 until he died aged 51, my mum has sjrogen's and raynaulds.

Myself, well, in theory, you could say I've not been completely well since I was 18 with Glandular Fever, but I've been quite noticable ill for almost two years now, my main moan being fatigue... I can sleep for 12 + hours a day without a problem and often fall asleep watching telly, fun for a 31 year old nurse ;)

I won't even bother going into the rest of my symptoms, since you all no doubt know them already... suffice to say, my GP thankfully agreed to refer me to St Thomas' Lupus Clinic and after a wait of what felt like forever, I'm seeing them on the 11th Oct.

Bit of luck, they'll tell me what the heck is wrong with my body, lol.

Nice to meet you all :D

Ouisch
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Welcome! I can relate to the sleeping 12 hours+... It irks me when I hear people say "Oh, I can't sleep that long, I get a headache" or something similar. :mad:

ClaireMacl
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
12 hours is good for me, I was feeling totally run down last week and slept for 20 hours one day, no headache, even went to bed at the normal time, lol.

Glad I'm not alone, nice to meet you :D

SoleSinger
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
I wish I COULD sleep 12+ hours... I get tired enough to!!! But, the prednisone keeps me awake so much, it's almost impossible!!!

Nice to meet you Claire!

ClaireMacl
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi SoleSinger,

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I hate missing the entire day, sometimes literally, because I just don't or can't wake up, its hellish, particularly as I work 12 hour shifts approx three days a week and have to set about three alarms and hope to heck they wake me up, I've given up trying to explain to work why I am often a bit late, they won't understand even though I work in a hopsital!

What I'd give to have medications to make me feel human (ish) :?

ClaireMacl
08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
sorry, board wasn't loading... please delete mod :)

ClaireMacl
08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
sorry, board wasn't loading, please delete mod :)