PDA

View Full Version : Regrets?

jennyjo
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Do any of you have regrets about what may have brought on your lupus? Like do you look back at the possible trigger which caused it and wish you had done things differently? I was very stressed and just had a baby and that is when my symptoms surfaced. Do we always have lupus.. born with it?? Maybe I should have just relaxed more,...

rob
12-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I would have done some things differently. Hindsight is 20/20. I would have been more careful about sun exposure. I got a bad sunburn when I was in my 20's that had bad blisters over most of my body. That couldn't have helped things. I would also have been more careful about hazardous materials I came in contact with throughout my career.

My mother has Lupus, and I should have payed more attention to the fact that men can indeed get SLE. I never thought I would be one of the ten percent of people with SLE who are men. But, what's done is done, and the only thing that matters now is taking care of myself today, tomorrow, and for however many days I still have ahead of me. I hope I have alot of days still to come, because I enjoy my life quite a bit despite having to live with both SLE, and MS.

Rob

Bonita
12-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I really do not know where i got my lupus or the myositis. I thought maybe it was connected to the endometries that ended with my hysterectomy in 1994. But i do not think that was it. I was 58 years old when diagnosised with lupus and myositis and never knew anyone who had this. Hope you get some answers. Bonita

ssingh
12-04-2009, 08:33 PM
well I think it seems more genetic in my case. my sister have lupus too. my case is stress, viral and working with hazardous materials. I think the symptoms starts way before the diagnosis, such as getting unexplained fatigue...... I just hate it.

pandagirl
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
My mom had rheum arthritis..which is a cousin to SLE..I too had symptoms intermittently over a long period of time...along with exposure to chemicals in the dental office for many years...but my first tremendous flare was about 8 weeks after receiving devastating news.(2004) Proof positve...stress is detrimental to our health.
ps. Rob..you are the man! Such an inspiration in spite of what you endure.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Im not really sure i would of done things differently i think i got it from birth we have lots of family members with diff auto immune probs in my family so i guess my lupus just got thrown at me somewhere down the line,

I have however got alot to thank for lupus!

If it wasnt for the lupe i would never of met my fiance, or have some fantastic friends...the chances of any of us speaking on a regular basis.........prob nil.

ISDM