PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Katalanta
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Mine is my tongue. It itches and swells sometimes. Ick.

hippimom2
08-23-2005, 03:51 PM
I have a roadmap of red lines all over my arms and legs. My doctor calls it mottled skin. It sure is ugly. Lupus has done nothing for my self esteem.

Mitch
08-23-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure this is a symptom, but a result of coumadin - I am usually covered with many bruises - I'm starting to get wierd looks from people and it's upsetting. I guess they think my husband's beating on me. Because of this, I finally started to tell some of my neighbors. I catch their stares sometimes when we talk. I agree, hippimom2, does a number on the self-esteem!

SoleSinger
08-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Well... Being so new to this, ALL of my symptoms are weird to me... But the weirdest thing I think is that every now and then my tongue and lips will get tingley... I think it's medication related since I can't recall ever having that before I started meds...

tracyk
10-30-2005, 06:46 AM
When I have a 'flare' within days yellow watery fluid will come out of my nose when I bend over and shake and/or turn my head to one side. This is not mucus in any way. It tests positive for glucose but has been determined NOT to be cerebral spinal fluid. Very strange! Any input?possibly related to some kind of inflamatory response?
Thanks for letting me share!
Tracy

Shirley
10-30-2005, 10:50 AM
I recently got a very uncomfortable painful massive sore/rash on my toes and between my toes. My toe joints were ver painful and walking brought tears to my eyes. The sore/rash appeared very rapidly (like overnight) and became open sores quickly. My HMO doctor subscribed Triamcinolone cream which made most of the sores/rash disappear in two days. However, after two weeks I am left with two very small sores left on one toe that won't heal. Can this be lupus related? Any input appreciated.

Missy
10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
My wierdest symptom are two little rash areas on my temples that get better when in the sun! Also, some wierd rash bumps on my toes, which seem to magically disappear at every doctor's appointment!

Suzie
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi, I have been reading all of the postings for several days and decided to join in. I have a doctors appt Wed but I got in a hurry and went to the hospital and got a copy of my lab results. Now I am scared. My ANA came back and the pattern is speckled. The # on the UL/mL is 8. I have been having problems for at least a couple of years. Mainly, my hands. The texture has changed, they are so dry, my fingers have lost pigments, they crack really back, and when they "flare up" I have little blisters. My joints are bad and I get rashes on my arms and legs. Also, I have red cheeks and chin. My first cousin had Lupus (deceased) and I have another cousin that is being tested now also. Does any of this sound familar? I don't really know what to ask...... :?

lexis214
11-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Suzee-
Welcome to the sight. This is a great place to come when you need to talk or when you are simply in need of a listening ear. I too have had very dry hands and fingers. I was officially diagnosed in August 2005 and I find different things happening all the time. My hands have been so dry over the past couple of weeks they actually snag against my pantyhose. the rest of me has been dry also but not to the severity of the hands.
My worst nightmare is the fatigue/insomnia. Isn't it ironic to experience both of these together. I sometimes never get into my bed in a 48 hour period but then can't hold my head up to watch a movie.
Yesterday and into last night my fingers /hands were tingling so bad, Does anyone know what this is from??
I also have gotten these little areas of broken/discolored skin on top of one hand , down one forarm(inside area) and at the bend of my knees inside and arounf the inside of my ankle bone over the past 3 years.

Angie :B-fly:

Suzie
11-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Angie, I have some discoloration and some on the backs of my legs and thighs. Mostly the fingers and toes. I haven't have any trouble with insomnia, quite the opposite. I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. I also have sleep apnea. I know what you mean about getting through a movie. So how long did it take you to get your dx? My doc started suspecting Lupus about three years ago and then I had back surgery and everything else kinda took a back seat. Now it have really progressed with the flares. Lymph nodes got really enlarged plus a bunch of other things. But my back surgery was a great success. I am loving this web site, I feel like I just got a bunch of wonderful friends. And I love friends!!
Suzie :D

silverlioness
11-18-2005, 01:57 AM
lexis214-

My hands are extremely dry like that too. It was cold here this week and that's when they are the worst. I, also, have weird tingling in my extremities, but I don't know why either.

Editor03
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Suzie and everyone,
I decided to check the site to see if anyone else has trouble with a sore, yet itchy tongue also. I am in a bad flare right now and am so very fatigued. Suzie, I can tell you thet my ANA came back positive and speckled also. I guess that's just part of the SLE syndrome of symptoms (?) I have known that I have SLE for 3-4 years now. My question is this; My husband and I are having my adult children and their spouses over for a big Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily I have never felt this weak and sore before during the holidays...but now I look at my usually tidy house and just groan. My husband helps some, but he works a lot of hours and my adult daughter lives two hours away, leaving me to do the cleaning. I am lucky in that my husband loves to cook and will be doing most of the holiday food prep, but I feel just terrible about not having enough energy to do a super clean up of my house. Has anyone else been in this position before and what did you do? Thanks and God bless, Paula

Ariel
11-21-2005, 04:33 PM
My weirdest symptom is I keep coming here to check the message board for new posts.

It's unrelenting in its persistance but I am loathe to inform my doctor about it.

Some symptoms are, I guess, just too embarrassing.

SoleSinger
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
LOL!!! I don't think that's a symptom so much as an addiction... I wonder if there's a rehab for that??? LOL!!!!

PattyLatty
11-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Editor03, does your family understand your disease? If not, they need to. Once they know what you are going through, the condition of your house won't be nearly as important to them as your well-being. I am working so hard to let go of my perfectionism. I have asked for help from my daughter and stepdaughter this Thanksgiving and they both seem happy I asked for their help. My daughter is only 18, but she has watched me in the kitchen enough to help me. She is also trying to save money so when I am too tired, I pay her to run my errands for me. She loves it. (earning the money, that is :wink: ).

Something else I have learned to to is to start things way ahead. Today is Monday and I set the dining room table for Thanksgiving. If the plates get a little dusty, so what. Tomorrow I will cook a little. Wednesday I'll cook a little more. I don't try to do it all at once like I used to.

If your house is absolutely driving you crazy, do you have anyone who could help you? Sometimes people just have to be asked. If not, well who's going to care, except for you??? Be gentle with yourself friend.

Happy Thanksgiving. I give thanks for this forum that is new to me. And to you new friends I am meeting here. Bless you all. And good luck to you, Editor03. I hope your holiday is a good one.

lexis214
11-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Wow this thread has really taken off.Thanks guys for expressing all of your symptoms. :D
Paula- I know all about the sore irratated tongue. Mine doesn't itch though. Only very raw feeling. I think mine is because of my mouth staying so dry. Itching on the other hand "LITERALLY"!!! My hands are so dry right now they feel as if they are velcro to everything I touch and they are ITCHING!!! It is driving me crazy :crazyeyes: .
I went to visit my sister this last weekend and just came home on tuesday. My hands also started getting dried out again on Monday. Where I was at my sisters t was much colder in the night and mornings than here in Houston, so I am guessing that the coldness where I was is what dried my hands out again.
We had a great time. She lives in such a small town(my hometown also) and going to visit is really relaxing. THe worst part was the drive. Being 2 hours long I had to pull over several times to wake myself up before I killed someone and myself and my 2 oldest children who were with me. The younger on stayed with her dad.
Just one more year till my son gets his DL so he can take over the driving part.
Well it has been great once again reading all the replies you guys have had. I hope each of you have a fantastic Thanksgiving. Just remeber to take it easy and don't overdo it. Your guest will survive if your house is not immaculate. They probably won't even notice. Make sure you ask for their help to clean up he mess after it is all over.Just sit back, relax and smile :wink:

Angie :B-fly:

silverlioness
11-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I have occasional tongue and mouth swelling, also. My tongue gets very irritated and red and I can't eat (because it hurts). I think sometimes it's a case of Thrush. Here's good advice... ask for a big bottle of Nystatin and just keep it in your fridge because you'll need it.

biancavizz
11-27-2005, 11:56 AM
lol! my weirdest syptom would probably be when my extremities turn blue and black when i'm cold or stressed.. possibly even the tens of bruises covering my body during a flare up

Ancutza
11-30-2005, 05:23 AM
hello, my name is anca , i am 22 years old and i have been diagnosticated 4 years ago. I have red what you wrote here but i did not heard of such simpoms in Romania. I had problems with stripes on my face and my kidneys. i had gain in weight becouse of the prednison but only that, nothing else. I talked with other persons who were diagnosticated with lupus and they do not have your simtomes .My treatment has the folowing medications: 100mg imuran and 7.5 mg prednison.

Cafrin
12-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Hi All...Strange symptoms..hmmmm
Well my hands break out in blisters and then they peel. The face rash the pain etc. My joints and limbs feel like rubber, too heavy to move. does anyone else have problems telling if they have the flu or a flare-up? The worst is peeing myself, this always happens when I'm super flared. Anyone else in the "Depends Club"?

jaynedarcy
07-31-2006, 09:19 AM
My current weird sympton in tingling (with no numbness) in feet, legs, hips, fingertips, and down the middle of my face. I read a survey recently in which many lupus patients ticked tingling as one of their main, recurring symptoms.

I know what triggers it - walking triggers the feet, legs, and fingertips; standing in shower or doing a blogging marathon triggers the hips; emotional stress and anxiety trigger the facial.

Going to my GP today to stress to him the tingling has NOT resolved and I want to understand it better.

I am on BP meds and low thyroid meds.

Oh yeah, tingling with no numbness can also be low thyroid. So if you get recurrent tingling that worries you, have your TSH levels checked.

Pandora Brennon
08-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I actually have one good side effect. My body is so saturated with medication that I have yet to get one mosquito bite.

buddhabelly
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
My weirdest symptom??? Hmmm.... Maybe its being hungry all the time, thanks to the prednisone. :evil: I try to eat fruit or just drink something when I get hungry, that almost happens every hour. :shocked!: I don't want to gain any more weight!!! :mad: Gosh, people are going to think I'm pregnant or something.

ButterflyRN
08-05-2006, 05:30 AM
[buddhabelly that makes me laugh. My husband and I joke all the time with the little bit of weight gain I've got in my belly from the prednisone. He'll say : Is the baby kicking??? :lol: We joke to and say if anyone asks if I'm pregnant or when I'm due I'll just fib :lol: I actaully had an email sent to me a long time ago from a friend of my mom's with lupus and it was for funny t-shirt sayings. It had a lady that was bigger in a running suit and it said "I'm not pregnant it's the prednisone" :lol: I wish they made that shirt for real. I would buy it and wear it all the time :lol:

buddhabelly
08-05-2006, 06:59 AM
:lol: That would be a funny saying to put on a tshirt! Let's do it, we can make money off it. :lol: [/b]

ButterflyRN
08-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey sounds good to me :lol:

jaynedarcy
08-05-2006, 10:02 AM
cafepress.com - you can make the shirt there. It could also be sold here to help support the site and/or support the Lupus Foundation.

If ya'll are serious, and I can help in any way with this, let me know.

edit: I should say cafepress isn't the only place online this can be done; it's the first one that came to mind. But, this would be a nifty project, I think.

ButterflyRN
08-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe we can look into that. I'll check the website out :lol:

kissofsunshyne
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum but not new to the whole Lupus thing. I was diagnosed with SLE in April 2002 and have ran the gamut of meds and symptoms.

As of late, I have been having problems with my eyes. I will have a feeling like my eyeball is bruised underneath my upper eye lid and by the next day my eye lid will be purplish red, swollen and the eye itself will become blood shot. Does anyone else have any symptoms like this?

I went to a new Rheumy to be told that it is not lupus involved and to top it off he gave me the whole, "better get a complete physical and possible checks for cancer". Ok, that is just too scarey to contemplate when I am already moody and flaring.

Hope to chat with you all more in length when I can type more. My hands are killing me today.

Thanks
kissofsunshyne

ButterflyRN
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
kissofsunshyne first let me say welcome :lol: When I was first diagnosed with lupus I use to have problems with sore swollen eyes. I found it to be one of my symptoms when I flare. Sometimes it's just the muscles that get sore. But be careful. Depending on what medications you are taking you could have an infection in your eye because of your lowered immune system. Do you have any drainage from your eye?? I recommend that you go see an opthlamologist.

kissofsunshyne
09-06-2006, 05:19 AM
ButterflyRN,

Thanks for the info. :) I did go to the eye doctor to have him tell me that I have episcleristis (which is inflammation on the lining of the white of my eye) and gave me steroid drops for that, but that hasn't taken care of my swelling eye lids and below the eye. :? Unfortunately, I was told apply ice, take ibuprofen and let it pass. Grrrr. :mad: Do they know how hard it is to work with ice packs on my eyes every day?

I recieved a steroid shot yesterday from my family doctor and was ordered to stay home from work today and get bed rest. So better get off here and back in bed. :P

Thanks again and look forward to chatting more.

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-06-2006, 06:14 AM
NEXT!

Leigh Anne Johnson
09-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Sometimes I get this Funny headache that comes and goes like a stabbing sensation. Stab in=pain , Out=pain gone. It lasts a few minutes and then disappears. I have also had a tingle down the center of my tongue like a vibrating thread sewed in to it And my scalp tingling in a circle on the crown of my Head. The things with my head really scare me I worry about permanent brain damage.

kissofsunshyne
09-07-2006, 06:30 AM
When does it end? I was telling you I had a steroid shot on Tuesday. Well yesterday, the steroid shot was working miracles, and I actually felt human and not like my body was dying bit by bit. So now that I am feeling good and resting like I am supposed to, I wake up and have hives all over, my neck and face are so red I look like I am part lobster. I had a reaction to the steroid shot. Now the doctor tells me I need to take benadryl to help with the reaction. I already take so many pills I am rarely hungry for food. So I took the benadryl yesterday and the redness is almost gone and hives are down to a bare minimum but I ache again and my throat is so sore. I feel like I am falling apart, literally.

I am getting to the point where I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. My moods are somber and I am crying for no reason. My children are scared because "mommy is always in bed right after supper" and my husband is working round the clock to make up for what I am unable to do. I want so desperately to get over this flare but I think I worry so much about it, that is makes it even harder for me to rest like I need. I have missed the past two weeks of work, and while I have a wonderful boss who is extremely sympathetic, I am not sure how long this will be accepted and I will have my job.

Cherisabrenta
09-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone. I am new here.
Have not been actually diagnosed yet...
My sister was just diagnosed after almost 8 years.
We have the same symptoms. I have been sick for about 4 years now. It is TOUGH! I have had just about every test imaginable. Nothing fits together. I lost all of my reflexes except for a little in my ankles. Thank God for those! Anyway when I read some of the wierd symptoms it just made me stop...My Doctors have all commented on my hands..the texture is different than anywhere else on my body. They wake me up in the middle of the night because they hurt so bad. I could go on and on....Just needing to speak to someone. I hate complaining to my family all of the time. I hate making excuses to not see a friend instead of telling them for the 100th time that I am too sick and tired to leave the house. Does anyone else go through this?javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad

kissofsunshyne
09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Cherisabrenta,

You are definitely not alone. I am going through a flare period right now myself and I feel so bad, seems like every email I send to family or friends I am complaining about how bad I feel. I am glad I have their support but at the same time, I hate to complain to them continuously. I am new to this forum too, and I have vented and cried as I typed. Relieved to know there are people who truly understand what we go through. I knew there were people out there with Lupus but don't know many where I live and don't have much chance to go to a support group as the closest one to me is 3 hours away. So this is the next best thing. I have had nothing but kind words and encouragement from those on this site.

So from one newbie to another, hang in there and always know, I am willing to listen to ya any time. I am right there with ya.

Kissofsunshyne

buddhabelly
09-07-2006, 05:52 PM
~Cherisabrenta~

Welcome to our family! :) And remember, you are not alone. I can relate to everything you said. There are days when all I want to do is lay in bed all day. I glance out my bedroom window and see the sun out, children playing. And I have no motivation to go out. There are times when friends ask me to hang out, but, during those bad days, I tell them I'm too tired or have a headache. I'm such a partypooper. :( Whenever you need to vent, cry, or laugh, feel free to post. We're all here for you. ((HUG)) :wink:

Cherisabrenta
09-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Wow,
It's really great to have someone listen and truly understand. Before I got sick I was running marathons going to the gym and working out with weights 5 or 6 days a week and doing yoga at home while working 60 to 70 hours a week. Now unfortunately I can't work and working out with weights really hurts me. It sounds wierd but even putting my hands in the air for awhile can bother me.
I am just tired of going to doctors. They do not listen to me. Everyone has gave me a different diagnosis. A clinical diagnosis. They will not listen to my family history... I have a sister who was just diagnosed with Lupus after many years and it appears she has a overlapping disease also. Then I have 2 first cousins that both have Primary Progressive MS. When I tell the Dr's any of this they all say"OH THAT'S BAD, YOU DON'T WANT THAT' Hello,,, Of course I don't! But something is terribly wrong here. It took about 10 years for all of them to be diagnosed. But all of us were diagnosed with fibromyalgia (before they were diagnosed with LUPUS and PPMS. I do believe there is a connection somewhere.
Anyway.. I don't have a rash on my face, but I have had a rash on my neck for years.. Kind of like you get when you are pregnant.. Is this the same kind you get with Lupus? I break out easy with little rashes everywhere for no reason.. I have had a couple times where it looked like something bit my leg(the "bites" were in a circle. But... I hadn't been bit. Well that was about 3 years ago and it left scars on my leg. I had another place on my wrist and went to a dermatologist and she said she wanted to do a biopsy because she thought it was an autoimmune disease, I asked her if it would tell her what kind and she said no. I told her not to do it because I didn't want another scar. Unfortunately I have one anyway! I should have let her do it!! LOL
I guess I am asking if anyone else has been through any of this? BTW when I first got sick the Dr's found a ruptured disc in my neck and operated, fixed the disc but paralyzed my vocal cord permanately. Now I sound like Minnie Mouse. But since then my symptoms have increased and seems to change daily. I do have neuropathy but they don't know what the cause is. None of the antiseizure meds work for me. I have become allergic to almost everything, I will break out in a rash or worse .. have to go to ER.. Gosh, sorry I have talked sto much... Thanks everyone
Gosh everyone has such great names.. I was in a hurry and went right for my first and middle name LOL
Was not too creative yesterday... :P

Laura07
09-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I am like many of you and have the same "weird" symptoms. The dry swollen cracked hands, bruises, insomnia and fatigue. Also have the tingling hands and feet, and the bottoms of my feet have been itching lately. The worse thing is that I've had an allergic reaction to some of the meds. It just feels like allergies, my whole face, mainly nose itches. The pharmacist recommended benadryl, and it's working ok. I have been in a flare for about 2 months now. I just can't wait to get back to normal life. I'm not even really sure what that is anymore.

flutterby
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I was diagnosed with discoid lupus by my dermatologist 14 months ago based upon a biopsy of a lesion on my face. Then I saw my rheumy who was treating me for FM/MPS & asked if my pain had anything to do with the lupus. He did antibody tests and told me I had SLE, but that it is in remission???? Smith antibodies were high at 125 (lab report lists anything over 120 as positive). ANA was positive at 1:640 (report list anything over 1:80 as positive).

What does remission mean? are my tests just slightly positive & does that mean remission? How high are these tests when someone has a flare? or is diagnosed?

I have rashes, extreme fatigue, yet insomnia, brain fog, depression, anxiety, mental fog, pain, pain pain.... nothing too unusual or weird! so identify with many who post here. thankyou for sharing.

Milagro
09-13-2006, 08:17 AM
but in particular I get itchy joints, and I get a strange throbbing numbness/tingling in my foot. I also posted about strange twitching/reflexes I get where my legs will kick all of a sudden for no reason. My arms do it too.

littlered
09-25-2006, 07:11 AM
The palms and soles of my feet have turned BRIGHT red. They don't itch, thank god, but the doc says it's because of the steroids.
Also, my leg (the one with the implanted rod) is all bruised and I didn't hit it or anything. It's like it's bruising from the INSIDE. Stranger still, huh?
My 6th day in flare now. I wonder if I'll EVER get to clean this house/do laundry. I feel so guilty. My poor husband.
(Gonna go lay down now and cry, which is about all I feel up to doing.)

sisterloudjoy38
09-26-2006, 11:43 AM
My weirdest symptom is my toungue itch. My feet throbb and plenty of stiffness that I try to iron out of my legs.

SusanW
09-30-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi. New here, but couldn't resist this topic. All lupus symptoms are pretty weird, but I guess mine would be:

1. Tiny round rashes on my legs and arms (even where the sun don't shine) that grow into crop circles up to 5-6 inches in diameter. They get dark red to purple when a flare is coming on, then fade to a dusky pink afterwards until the next time, and they grow with each flare up.

2. A tiny tremor in my right hand at the base of my thumb. It is there about 90% of the time as a twitching under the skin, and then sometimes it is strong enough to twitch my thumb and/or index finger. Also, my index finger likes to straighten out of it's own accord from time to time. Makes for challenging typing.

I could go on, but I'm in the midst of a lupus headache, and just downed the first two decadron tablets in a pack. I'll be flying high as I go through the pack for the next few days. Should be interesting, since I'm on Percocet right now, too, lol.

I have a piece of information for those who have the mouth pain/itching, etc. I, too, have allergic reactions in my mouth, throat, eustacian tubes, and up into the back of my sinuses. Sometimes it is a food allergy, sometimes I don't know what set it off.

However, my original rheumy prescribed something called "Magic Mouthwash." It is a compound made at the pharmacy, but there are a few different combinations of ingredients. Mine is a mixture of liquid benadryl, mylanta, and lidocaine. Swish and swallow an ounce, and you're numb from stem to stern while the benadryl and mylanta calm down the reaction. I highly recommend all lupus patients have this on hand at all times, because when I get the allergic reaction, my mucous membranes swell up, and my throat could swell enough to stop my breathing if I didn't have this medicine. I keep one bottle in my purse and one by my bed. Ask your doctor!

Well, that's all for now.
-SusanW, Louisiana, lupus-fibro-APLS-lots of other things 8)

sisterloudjoy38
09-30-2006, 09:06 AM
The other weirdest symptom I have is itching and little bumps all over my face. I have no idea where the itching is from but it's aggrevating.

Heartshome
04-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Angie, I have some discoloration and some on the backs of my legs and thighs. Mostly the fingers and toes. I haven't have any trouble with insomnia, quite the opposite. I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. I also have sleep apnea. I know what you mean about getting through a movie. So how long did it take you to get your dx? My doc started suspecting Lupus about three years ago and then I had back surgery and everything else kinda took a back seat. Now it have really progressed with the flares. Lymph nodes got really enlarged plus a bunch of other things. But my back surgery was a great success. I am loving this web site, I feel like I just got a bunch of wonderful friends. And I love friends!!
Suzie :D

I've been surfing your site for a day or so and think it's great. I have no diagnosis, so don't know if I belong here, but I have this as well. My doctor tells me that it's Livedo Reticularsis, and is typicallly found in healthy young women, but also it can be an indicator of SLE. Thought you all might like to have a name attached to your symptom!

Saysusie
04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Thank You So Much for the Information :lol:
Here is just a bit more information about Livedo reticularis. Livedo reticularis is a blue-reddish skin discoloration and most often localized in the lower extremities. Livedo reticularis usually appears on its own (an idiopathic condition) but it may be associated with systemic diseases such as Lupus. Livedo reticularis is a disorder in which blood vessels are constricted, or narrowed. It results in mottled discoloring on large areas of the legs or arms. It is a condition in which dilation of capillary blood vessels and stagnation of the blood within these vessels causes mottled discolouration of the skin. Symptoms of livedo reticularis include a mottled, or lace-like, appearance of reddish blue areas on the skin. The mottling is more apparent on the thighs and forearms, and sometimes the lower abdomen. The appearance is due to altered flow in small blood vessels feeding the upper skin so that other vessels dilate to compensate. This can arise for a variety of reasons. The mottling is more apparent on the thighs and forearms, and sometimes the lower abdomen.
There is no treatment for livedo reticularis. Treatment of the underlying cause of secondary livedo may reverse the discolouration. However, over time the vessels become permanently dilated and livedo reticularis can become permanent, regardless of the surrounding temperature.

I hope that this has been helpful information
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Mzbeanz
04-09-2007, 07:56 AM
It makes me mad... my feet hurt 24/7 no relief and I have tried everything. Feels like I am being but my fire ants continuoisly. They swell and the toes turn whitefish but that doesn't last long. When I put them in warm water the pain is so intense!

The tingle and go numb..... anyone else havethis?

msdawnie44
04-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes......I do....when me and husband went to Mass Friday night...we were standing for about 10 minutes...and my feet went completely numb and swolen. They have alway tingled ..but this was a first for me...scared the hell out of me. i have not spoken with my doctor about this ...I am calling him tomorrow. Anyway...ended up having to sit the entire Mass..couldnt even kneel...ended up causing great pain in my legs and knees. Does anyone know why this happens.
Good Luck and God Bless. Dawn

Jill1021
04-11-2007, 05:36 AM
My weirdest symptom would have to be, the red blotches I have on my legs that someone else said looks like a road map..yeah it gets so bad sometimes that the scars on my legs turn a bright purple.

I am also getting these white patches of skin with raised little bumps, which I have been told is an allergic reaction to my laundry soap, which has not changed in 12 years.

I am also losing skin pigmentation! AUGH I feel so ugly at times!

mnjodette
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
The bruises are really weird...if I THINK too hard I bruise. And they don't go away. I have several from bumps that happened months ago, and they are still there...seem to be deep into the tissue. And, I have scars from shingles on my right side, up to my neck. I WON'T be wearing a lot of shorts or skimpy shirts (or a swimsuit...prednisone blimp that I am) this summer! Talk about feeling ugly.........

Jody