PDA

View Full Version : AI - All in the family

magistramarla
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I had a nice long talk with my cousin Mary in Illinois, and I want to share something.
She told me about her daughter, Georgia-Ann. Like my daughter Meg, Georgia had some serious problems with endometriosis and had a very difficult time with having her two girls. The oldest one is battling Leukemia. This is what interested me: Mary said that Georgia is just not her usual active, go-getter self lately. She is always very, very fatigued. She said that when they went Christmas shopping, it seemed that Georgia was moving in slow motion. At Mary's urging, she went to the doc, who did blood work. He told her that the results showed that she seemed to be fighting off some sort of inflammation, and he wants to find out if she has mono. Guess what cousin Marla Sue is thinking?
Mary then added that she is going back to her dermatologist. She's had a rash since last June. At first, she thought that it was poison oak, and treated it as such. However, it has spread to her thighs and her back. The dermatologist was concerned and sent some samples for biopsy. I can't wait to hear those results.
BTW, Mary's mother was the aunt that I've mentioned who had RA, rashes, a hoarse voice, and finally, Alzheimer's, just like her sister, my mother.
I'm really wondering if autoimmune issues are rearing their ugly heads in my family yet again? What do you think?
Marla

abbasgirl
12-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Oh how sad. How's the battle with leukemia going?

That skin biopsy should show some interesting clues. Be sure to let us know when you hear.

I think you're right Marla.

Saysusie
12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Well, they say that auto-immune diseases are genetic, not necessarily hereditary. So, if they are indeed genetic, then it stands to reason that our families can be replete with all different types of auto-immune disorders!!

So sorry to hear about your cousin's daughter. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
12-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks, guys.
No worries about little Mary's leukemia. She's had some bad times with it when she was younger, but it seems to be in complete remission now. She's a normal 16 yr. old on the cheerleading team. Hopefully, it will stay that way!
Marla

Bonita
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
This whole business with these dieases is very strange and sometimes things come up and we wonder is this part of what made me get this in the first place so when i think of something new i write it down and ask the rhuemy the next time i go and i am never empty handed when i see him. Hope everyone in your family is doing better. Bonita