PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Out of Control!

Patricia914
11-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Up to this point I have been very cautious about my lifestyle habits... since being diagnosed I have meticulously watched my diet and made sure to keep active. However, now with the stress of being a freshman in a college located in a different country I am finding it really hard to keep track of myself! Today I got so upset... I was mad that it was so necessary that I watch what I eat so I went out and bought a big sick of fudge and ate it. Now I am up late on a sugar rush and hoping that the conceqences of my actions won't be too bad... I'm usually on top of everything, but it is frustrating that that's the way I have to be in order to beat this! I know I have a good support group but when you are the only one who has to have a total lifestyle change it's frustrating, and I get jelous of those who don't have to think about it all the time. Maybe its childish, but I'm tired of being the sick one-but although it's tempting to just give up I know that I am going to get myself right back on track. Lupus will not defeat me!:hissyfit:

magistramarla
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
You go girl!
Don't worry, we all submit to our cravings once in a while (some more often that once in a while!) Look at it this way - lately it seems that it's cool to be "green" and to eat healthy foods. You don't have to tell everyone that you're watching your diet because of illness. Just tell them that you're going "green" or organic, and you just might start a trend among your friends.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
11-24-2009, 05:15 PM
hi patricia, so glad to hear from you again. WOW, off to collegege in another country, congratulations are being sent your way.

Sometimes we just have to do something nice for our souls, and if that means cheating on our diet, so be it. I eat a little bit of chocolate every monday night after i take my methotrexate shot. It is just a little reward that i give to me. So, other that staying awake on a sugar high, i don't think you did any damage. Hope you were able to finally get some sleep.

Don't give up, there are some real breakthroughs being made in the medical industry, and i hope a successful medication is in our near future.

abbasgirl
11-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I know that I am going to get myself right back on track. Lupus will not defeat me!:hissyfit:

Let me add a "You Go Girl!" also!