PDA

View Full Version : update on endometrosis

Bonita
11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
When i went to the rheumatologist this morning i took a copy of my surgery report on my hysterectomy in 1994 which said i had cronic endometreosis and ask him if this is realated to the lupus and myositis i have. He told me that endo is a connective tissue diease and it is not related to lupus and the autoimmune dieases. Bonita

abbasgirl
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Mind boggling isn't it...so many opinions about it.

I hope you get treatment for this Bonita and don't suffer with it anymore. I suffered with it for a long time and the only thing that helped me was a hysterectomy. Tried everything but ablation...by then I was finished having babies and sure about the hysterectomy.

It's a nasty seriously painful problem to have to endure along with everything else. ((((Hugs))))

magistramarla
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
OK, now I AM confused. My rheumy told me that I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, because I tested positive for several autoimmune diseases. Now yours says that endometriosis IS a connective tissue disease, but IS NOT related to autoimmune diseases? Somehow, that just doesn't make sense to me!
Marla

Bonita
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
He said they are in somewhat the same family but one is and automune diease and attacks your body and the other is a connective tissue diease that attacks the tissue and that m,ine is not the cause of my dieases. It is a bit mind boggling for me also. And he also increased my methotrexate and i really did not want that but i trust him and will do as he says and hope for the best. Bonita

abbasgirl
11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
:wacko:

If Lupus can and does attack any organ, as do other AI diseases, I don't see why it can't also attack the uterus, which could displace endo cells/tissue creating an endo mess.

And also...what is creating the connective tissue mess? Woo... my brain hurts. lol.