PDA

View Full Version : Please Share~ What's Your "WHL" Mini Goal For Today ??

Kayla's Gram
11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Please Note: To all My "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal Friends Rob our Moderator has requested on Saturday Afternoon for Us to "reuse" the same Thread each day to Post our Mini Goal's.

Hello to all my "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal Friends !!!

Iam Having "GREAT" Success with simular Mini Goal Thread's On 3 other Sites/Forums that Iam a Member of, 2 for Low Carb Weight Loss & 1 for Diabetes.

I know that Iam New to this Site/Forum, however I thought that I would give it a try here right away being that it might be VERY HELPFUL to some of the Member's here to get through Their Day !!!

I know that it really helps me to get through the day to set Daily Mini Goals & to help stick to them, when I have put them out there for others to see !!!

Thanks to all that have joined in so far & Welcome to all that have joined in today on our 2nd day !!!

I will continue to post it each Day as long as there is an interest in doing so !!!

Today is Friday Nov. 20th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

~Cindi~

Kayla's Gram
11-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Thank You soooooo much "WHL" Mini Goal Friends , it looks like we got off to a GREAT start/1st day yesterday !!!

Debbie/aka debbie-b, Deb/aka bunnie, elizabeth & Marla/aka magistramarla were all here to Post their Mini Goal's along with me & help get the ball rolling !!!

There were 44 other's that stopped~by to see what was going on The "WHL" Mini Goal Thread & My hope is that maybe some of them will join~in with us today & post along with us as well !!!

So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

~Cindi~

Kayla's Gram
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh ~ I almost forgot to post that my "WHL" Mini Goal's for today !!!

1) to get my Laundry finished

2) change the Front & Back Porch Light Bulb's without toooo much dammage to my Shoulders putting them in & Knee's getting on & off the step ladder

3) get my kitchen in some kind of order, my BF's Son has been doing the dishes while I had the Flu last week & everything is a mess as he put things away where ever he wants/not where it goes ~ ARRRRRGGGGHHHH !!!! LOL

Have a GREAT Day Whatever Your Plan's & Mini Goal's May Be !!!

Bigg Pain Free Huggs To All !!!

~Cindi~

Bonita
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Just playing with my two youngest grandchildren without much pain and to enjoy the beautifull day that God has blessed us with. Bonita

elizabeth
11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
My goal today is to take a walk outside. The sun is out and it is in the 60's. I have been cooped up for a week and need to start getting my strength back.

I just came back from my walk and it was so nice to be outside. Anything after this will be a bonus!

Kayla's Gram
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Bonita & Elizabeth ~ you both have really GREAT "WHL" Mini Goal's for today !!!

Elizabeth ~ Iam sooooo Very Happy that You were able to get out & enjoy Your Most Lovely day !!!

~Cindi~

magistramarla
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Once again, my day is almost done - it's 4 pm here. I've done a good job on my goal for today. I've cleaned the wooden furniture, de-cluttered and hung a few more family pictures on the wall - all without hurting my back. I'm going to ask Jeff to sweep the courtyard and Swiffer the floors for me. I was tempted to do it, but decided that it would not be good for my back.
Goal for this evening: Make some grilled sandwiches for dinner and then settle in with some spiked eggnog to watch sci-fi. Tonight it's Stargate Universe, Sanctuary and Numb3rs. We also need to watch last night's Fast Forward, since we recorded it so Jeff could study.
Ahhh, a restful evening!
Marla

Kayla's Gram
11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Marla ~ it sounds like you have had a very productive day, that's GREAT !!!

I Hope that your plan's for a restfull evening go just as well !!!

~Cindi~

Kayla's Gram
11-21-2009, 04:38 PM

Thanks to all that have joined in so far & Welcome to all that have joined in today on our 3rd day !!!

Today is Saturday Nov. 21st, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My Mini Goal's for today are to tidy~up my house to get ready for my 4.5y/o Grandgirl to Sleepover before she leaves on Monday
with her Mommy to go away for Thankgiving for a week !!!

I will have to make sure not to tire myself out toooo much so we can still spend some Play~Time together !!!

Have a GREAT Day Whatever Your Plan's & Mini Goal's May be !!!

Bigg Gentle Hugg's

~Cindi~

magistramarla
11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi Cindi and others,
I've had another busy day, and I've accomplished several goals. I ran some errands and picked up a few more things that I need for our dinner party tomorrow.
I got Jeff to clean the floors for me (I was a good girl-careful of my back) and he helped me to hang a couple more things.
I'm now doing laundry, then we're going out to eat some seafood.
Goal still left for this evening: bake an apple pie and a pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow.
Goals for tomorrow: cook a nice dinner and then PARTY!
Marla

Kayla's Gram
11-22-2009, 07:14 AM

Thanks to all that have joined in so far & Welcome to anyone that is new today !!!

Today is Sunday Nov. 22nd, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My Mini Goal for today are to share the day with my Grandgirl as best as I can !!!

I was making Pancake Batter this morning & had to ask my BF to finish wisking the batter as my arm's just didn't have the strength to do it !!!

I off to make another cup of Decaf while they all finish cleaning~up for me & I will check back in later after a Girl's Morning at our Local Walmart !!! LOL

Bigg Gentle Huggs To All !!!

~Cindi~

mountaindreamer
11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
hi cindi,

it is late, so my only goal now is to make it to my bed and sleep. I will come back tomorrow.

Saysusie
11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
OK..I've missed the first four days :grumpy:
Today is Monday...so here are my mini goals for today

1) try to get in at least 30 minutes of some form of exercise
2) to vacuum seal all of my summer clothes and un-seal my winter clothes and get them hung up(such an arduous and aggravating chore)
3) Make sure to eat breakfast!

That's about all that I can try to accomplish in one day!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I have two goals,

Today, is change the catbox day. Blah!

Then, I have to go over to the Maritime Museum to discuss a new project they want me to work on. Not so Blah.

Those two fairly simple tasks will expend pretty much all of my energy for the day. It's hard to believe I used to work 12 hour days on just a few hours sleep. Now, 2 to 3 hours of any simple activity is all I can muster.

Rob

Kayla's Gram
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM

Thanks to all that have joined in so far & Welcome to anyone that is new today !!!

Today is Monday Nov. 23rd, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today are to go Grocery Shopping with my BF for the item's missing that we will need for Thankgiving's Dinner !!!

We will be Celebrating on Wednesday as he will be working on Thursday. My BF is in management at our local Walmart which will be open 24 hour's on Thanksgiving into "Black Friday" in order to avoid any early morning crowd problems !!!

My 25y/o Son will be joining us for Dinner after work & that way he will be able to spend Thursday with his Dad my Exhusband of 22yrs !!!

After I have lunch & a short rest from shopping Iam going to get my pumpkin & apple pie's baked !!!

Iam sure that will be all that I will manage to get done for today, so it will be leftovers for Dinner !!!

~Cindi~

DrinkofWtr
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
My mini-goal for the day is (1) to go to my Drs. appointment, even though I felt bad all weekend long. (2) Is to make turkey soup from a leftover turkey carcass (3) Go to the grocery store and the check cashing place (4) Get some more boxes (5) Do some packing. I probably won't even get to Nos. 4 & 5 today.

magistramarla
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I totally missed yesterday because I was so busy cooking and then entertaining Jeff's friend and his wife. We had so much fun, and now we've actually had guests in our new home.
Today's goals:
Get an oil change for the Prius (done)
Match the yarn color so that I can finish the new baby's blanket (done)
Empty the dishwasher from the party last night
REST, since I had my MTX injection last night
Work on that blanket while I'm resting
So, I'm having a pretty good day, despite the injection last night.
Marla

Kayla's Gram
11-24-2009, 06:23 AM

Today is Tuesday Nov. 24th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to get the house cleaned~up for our Thanksgiving Day that will be tomorrow. My 25 y/o Son & BF's 21 y/o Son will be joining us for Dinner so it will be a nice time !!!

~Cindi~

debbie-b
11-24-2009, 07:07 AM
My goal for today w a s, shopping for Thanksgiving dinner ( just for my husband and myself). But, my boss begged me yesterday, to come in for a eight hour shift 10 am- 6 pm today, on my day off and I said yes ( what was I thinking?). Tomorrow I work from 6 am- 2 pm and after that I have to go shopping, my goal is to get through today and tomorrow and still have some strength left to enjoy Thanksgiving. But I will be off on thursday and friday.

Debbie

magistramarla
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
My goal for today is to bake 4 pies.
I'm cooking for a big Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday. The NPS Spouses' Club sponsors a big dinner in the military community center. They invite the single guys at NPS, the international students and families who are "stuck" in the Navy Lodge over the holiday.
Since Jeff and I felt very strange about being alone for Thanksgiving, we were very happy to volunteer some food and our time.
Today, I'm making the easy pies - two mincemeat and two pumpkins.
Tomorrow, I'll do the hard ones - two apple pies. (I hate peeling and slicing!)
I'm also making two pans of dressing and loaning my two huge punch bowls and big crock pot.
It should be a fun day! My two sons-in-law who always fight over my home-made apple pies are gonna miss the old gal this year!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone,
Marla

Saysusie
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I am really loving this thread!!

Today, Tuesday, my mini goal is get at least 2-3 hours of work done so as to meet deadlines.

That's about all that I can try to do today!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
11-24-2009, 04:47 PM
my goal for today was to make the best of my "weekly vacation." I have made it, and am feeling better, so i am making my list for tomorrow.

teresaa40
11-26-2009, 05:31 AM
My mini goal for today is to let my kids help me with the Thanksgiving dinner and let go of the guilt I know I will start to feel over not being able to do what I used to do.

I really need to give them the confidence to handle such a big deal.

Kayla's Gram
11-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Today is Friday Nov. 27th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

I hope that Everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving Holiday with Their Family & Friends !!! :yes:

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to get my strength built back up from our 2 day's of Thanksgiving Day Celebration's !!! Iam very tired & overwhelmed after going Black~Friday shopping with my BF this morning.

I plan on taking the rest of the day easy before I wind~up in a Full~Blown Lupus Flair & the next 1 to 2 day's in bed !!!

I will chat will all of you tomorrow & best wishes with all of your Mini Goals today !!!

~Cindi~

magistramarla
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
We had a fun Thanksgiving with a large group of families at the NPS military community center. Like Cindi, I'm resting up today while the super-student works on his computer projects.
My simple goals for today are:
Do the laundry
Buy cat food (This takes a trip to the vet's office for special food - Casper has kidney problems)
Make a nice big pot of chili
Work on that baby blanket!
Have a restful Thanksgiving weekend, everyone,
Marla

Kayla's Gram
11-28-2009, 09:50 AM

Today is Saturday Nov. 28th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to get my Laundry done & being that it's such a bright, sunny & slightly breezy day here Iam going to hang some of my things out side !!!

My next Goal is to make a Wonderful batch of Turkey Salad which will probally do my hands in for the rest of the day.

I also have Nerve Dammage in them from being in a Motorcycle Accident 5yrs ago along with Lupus/Fibro !!!

I will chat will all of you Tomorrow & Best Wishes with all of your Plan's Mini Goal's today !!!

~Cindi~

magistramarla
11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
My goal today was to get the cat food, since the vet was closed yesterday.
I was trying to stay out of Jeff's way, since he's working on a computer project. After I left the vet's, I turned in the direction of Carmel, so I could check out a shopping area that I had heard of. I wasn't too impressed with the shopping area, but when I was headed out I saw a sign that said "Carmel Valley Village - 11 mi." Thinking that it might have interesting shops, I turned that way. The drive was gorgeous! The fall colors in the mountains were just outstanding today. The village was nothing but lodges and bed & breakfasts, but the drive through all of the farms and vineyards was worth it.
Plan for the rest of the day:
Work on baby blanket, make Mexican Lasagna and keep out of super student's way.
Hugs,
Marla

Kayla's Gram
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM

"]Today is Sunday Nov. 29th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to get the rest of my Laundry done & being it's another bright, sunny & slightly breezy day I will be hanging it outside !!!

Iam Strickly back on my Atkins Way Of Eating Plan as I have put some weight back on. 1st I think due to a new Med & also Thankgiving Goodies !!!

Have a GREAT Day & I will chat with all of you tomorrow !!!

~Cindi~ [/COLOR]

Saysusie
11-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Today, Sunday.. my mini goal is to make it down to Riverside to visit my Mom. Hopefully the after-holiday traffic won't be too bad!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Kayla's Gram
12-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Today is Friday Dec. 4th, 09' ~ So Please Share ~ What's Your "WeHaveLupus" Mini Goal For Today???

My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to get my SSI Disability Paperwork Finished & in the mail today, the last of 3 packets !!!

I will chat will all of you Tomorrow & Best Wishes with all of your Plan's & Mini Goal's today !!!

~Cindi~ :yes:

Saysusie
12-06-2009, 05:43 AM
My Mini Goal Friday..To have a full day with my Mom without an argument, without her drinking and without her making me feel guilty! Wish Me Luck!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste

Saysusie
12-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Well....did not get one single thing that I wished for :crying6:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Kayla's Gram
12-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Susie ~ I will keep you in my Thought's & Prayer's today !!!!

I will also send out to you all of the Extra Good Vibes that I can spare to help pull you through !!!

Bigg Gentle Huggs !!!

~Cindi~ :yes:

Kayla's Gram
12-06-2009, 08:24 AM
My "WHL" Mini Goal's for today is to be taking it alil easy today.

I have a Bad Cold "AGAIN" this makes one for Oct, Nov & now Dec.

My plan for today is to drink a lot of Home Made Chicken Broth & see my Primary Care Dr 1st thing tomorrow !!!

~Cindi~ :cute:

brandichi
12-08-2009, 07:15 AM
This is a great idea!!

My WHL goals for today are...

to stay positive with my class today even though they're doing their best to drive me crazy with the Christmas excitement!

To get ready the few gifts I have for a dinner tonight (tissue paper in bags, bows on, etc) and cards for them written during my lunch hour.

To rest as soon as I get home from work so I can go to the dinner!

Saysusie
12-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Thank You Kayla....I guess my mini wish for that day was a bit too lofty:grumpy:
My mini wish for today is to drive safely to Pasadena so that I can spend the day with my brother (whom I love with an indescribable love!!). I am excited and I know this will be a good day!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Kayla's Gram
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
My Mini Goal's for today is get my strength built back up from being sick with an upper & lower resp infection since Dec 1st.

I was in the Hospt since last Friday on Steroids, high doses of Antibiotics & Hospt Food, that however has caused me to gain back some very unwanted pounds !!!

I will chat will all of you tomorrow & best wishes with all of your Plan's Mini Goal's today !!!

~Cindi~ :cute:

PS: It's soooooo AWESOME to be home & back with all of my Friend's here on the "WHL" Forum !!!

Saysusie
12-20-2009, 10:37 AM
My mini-goal for today is to have a successful performance tonight! Been a bit down with FM flare-up, so haven't had much time for rehearsals.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

kim,l
12-20-2009, 03:30 PM
my mini goal for today is being able to do shopping without having to sit down every 10minutes thankyou merry christmas

DrinkofWtr
12-20-2009, 03:56 PM
My mini goal for the day was to photocopy a long medical application that is several pages long and get it in the mail, cash a check, and go shopping for bedsheets and other things that I need in my new place. Also, I hope to get a large ham cooked, but don't think at this point I will get it done. Also, I wrote several E-Mails today that needed to be written, including E-Mailing my daughters husband's mother for the first time. I was putting this off for a long time because I was having trouble coming up with the right words and knowing what to say as I have not communicated with her since my daughter's wedding which was over a year ago.

Saysusie
12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
My last mini goal was actually successful :cute:

My mini goal for today is to get a rest period of at least 2 good hours. I am so fatigued and I hurt....just want 2 uninterrupted hours!!

brandichi
12-22-2009, 06:50 AM
I hope you get those 2 hours (or more!), saysusie.

I don't think my to-do list qualifies as a mini goal, but I'm hoping to do it anyway...

Today I need to:

-go to the vet to pick up more meds for Brandi (my Chihuahua)
-buy Christmas gifts for Brandi and my parents' dogs at Pet Supplies Plus
- go to the mall - need to buy just a few more gifts
-go to the dollar store for a few more stocking stuffers for my parents
-buy Pepsi One - I'm out and I think I'm in withdrawl, lol!
-stop by the church and make a few wellness calls to congregants
-write out and mail a few cards to congregants
-wrap all my gifts
-put up Christmas lights in the hallway (not going to even try to decorate the REST of the house until tomorrow)
-prepare notes for a very challenging conversation I need to have with my minister tomorrow afternoon

I SO don't have time for lupus today!!!!! At least I was able to get a good 8 hours of sleep last night and I feel pretty well rested right now. Hope it continues!!

DrinkofWtr
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
My mini-goal today is to get to the hardware store and purchase a portable heater for my bedroom. I have been freezing since I moved. I have no heater in my bedroom, only the livingroom. Also, I will go to my daughter's bank and deposit a little Christmas money in it for her. She has been struggling, as so many of us are financially this Christmas.

DrinkofWtr
12-26-2009, 03:53 PM
My mini-goal for today was to unpack some more boxes from moving. I know I will be tuckered out after unpacking a few of those. I am tired just thinking about it.

kim,l
12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
my mini goal was to clean house without having to constantly rest and change furniture around a bit just to make things look different but mostly to feel positive more this year that things will get better for all of us wishing you all happy newyear love kim l

Saysusie
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I did not get my two hours of uninterrupted rest, but it is OK because I was visited and kept company by my dearest friend.
Today is January 1, 2010 and my mini wish for today is that each one of you has a healthy day today and that your day is filled with smiles and love!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Kayla's Gram
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello Mini Goal Friend's ~ I have been away form the "WHL" Forum for awhile due to Health Reason's but now that Iam feeling better I hope to be back posting my Mini Goal's again every day !!! We had a Bright Sunny Sunday, but Cold 24', with light Snow on the ground here in Northern Maryland Today. It really seen's to eat right through all of my clothes to my Bone's, Join't & Muscle's making every thing hurt & feel brittle !!!

My Mini Goal for Today is to get my out of the House Errand's finished as quickly as possable & still be able to get Sunday Dinner on the table before my body shuts~down for the day !!!

(((BIGG GENTLE HUGGS))) Going Out To All !!!

~Cindi~