PDA

View Full Version : great news to share

mountaindreamer
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Roscoe and I are leaving tomorrow for a "sure to be" great weekend...... When i was in Jr. high school, i went to school with Chuck Leavell who has been the keyboardist for the Rolling Stones for over 20 years now. He had a little local high school band that played at the YMCA every Friday night. Everyone in my little home town of Tuscaloosa Alabama went to dance to some good music. This was in the mid 60's (if my math is correct). Anyway, he left school at age 16, went into the professional music world, played with the Allman Brothers and Eric Clapton on is way to the Rolling Stones..........He is returning to Tuscaloosa this friday night and playing a solo concert at the little original theatre, and i will be there enjoying every note. Some very good friends are meeting me there, and we are staying at my parent's lake house for the weekend. Then on Saturday, we are going to watch the Alabama football team push on towards a possible national championship (the first in many years.) So, my friends, i have a smile on my face, Roscoe's car seat has been loaded, and we are off for some fun...........I hope every single one of you here at our cyber home has an equally happy weekend. I will see you Sunday......if i have not absolutely killed all of my brain cells......Marla, how is that for ex-hippie stuff?

Lala
11-18-2009, 08:06 PM
woo woo wow how fun!!enjoy yourself much!!

BonusMom
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a great weekend to hang out with your firends and listen to the classics! Enjoy yourself and fill us in on all the gorey details when you return home!

magistramarla
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
COOL, VERY COOL, Phyllis!
Enjoy every minute of it. I wish I could be there.
Peace,
Marla

kim,l
11-19-2009, 04:20 AM
its sounds like a very cool weekend and great to catch up with friends have a goodtime and enjoy yourself hugs kim l

bunnie
11-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Have a great time Phyllis!!
Take some pics and give us an update when you get back!!

rob
11-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Have fun Phyllis. Get out and live a little (or alot even)!

rob

abbasgirl
11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow! That sounds wonderful, Phyllis! You deserve that and then some, my friend! Lookin' forward to hearing how your weekend turned out. I hope and pray it's great!

elizabeth
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
That sounds like a great weekend. Nothing like live music to cheer you up. Enjoy!

Angel Oliver
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeee sounds soooooooo fab Phyllis you enjoy every minute.Enjoy!!!!.xxxx

Bonita
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Have fun and enjoy your day Love Bonita

mountaindreamer
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
hi everyone,

well, i am home, and am still smiling. Roscoe met a new friend, a little jack russell, and they ran the yards at the lake all weekend. He is passed out now. Chuck Leavell was incredible. He had that little theatre jumping off of its foundation. I had to laugh, the place was full of gray poneytails (men and women). I could not decide if old hippies came out of their hiding places, or if people just let their hair down and had a blast from the past. I stood in the lobby with other hyper attendees, and danced until my body told me to sit down. I had to go home after the concert, but that was fine, i did not mind the compromise. Then Saturday was a fun day at the ballgame. Again, i had to go home afterwards and rest, but it was fun.

I certainly can not enjoy and celebrate life like in the past, but i am so grateful for the times that i can just put Lupus away, and let my soul play for awhile.

p.s. - took my computer to the shop, they found a nasty virus, and guess what......i can now insert paragraphs again -

Saysusie
11-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Wow, all kinds of good news. I am so glad to hear that your weekend was wonderful and that you danced your heart out at the concert. Even though you are unable to enjoy things the way you once did, you still find a way to enjoy yourself and you still make sure that you take care of yourself. It is a thin line that we must walk and it appears that you've done an excellent job...especially since you say that you are still smiling!
And, your computer is working now!! Yippeeeeee!!!

Sending you warm hugs
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
11-23-2009, 10:40 AM
So glad you had a great weekend sweetie!! That's wonderful!! Jack Russells are so friendly...so glad Roscoe had a good time too. I'm glad you listened to your body and rested when you needed to...something I'm still learning myself.

And yeahhhhh, your problem with posting is fixed!!! :cute:

Angel Oliver
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeee so glad you enjyed yourself my friend and little Roscoe too.Glad your computer is now fixed,wow another virus like me.You enjoy it now and rest but most of all ''welcome home!!''.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

DrinkofWtr
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Have fun and enjoy ourself. I am sure you deserve to.

magistramarla
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Phyllis,
Wow, a whole theater of aging hippies! My son-in-law would be appalled.
It sounds like a great time - some thing that Jeff and I would love to do, too. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it without getting into any trouble. Sometimes it does us a lot of good to relive our younger days!
Hugs,
Marla

Spanglishqueen
11-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Awesome Phyllis glad to hear you had such an awesome time!!!

wrightrs
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
You have a good trip. Sell all your fish and crops they will be dead when you get back.