PDA

View Full Version : easy bruising

cheryl_v
11-17-2009, 09:20 PM
I normally do not bruise easy. Tonight when I removed my sports bra for getting reading for shower, there was discoloration on back in strap line area. It looks like a few small bruises center back. Doesn't hurt, but am having a little back pain. Skin been a bit sensitive too. Makes no since. What can cause this? Same bras, no new ones, so not too tight. Has never happened before. Just wierd and a little nerve racking:skeptical:.

Any help would be appreciative, thank you.

CV

debbie-b
11-18-2009, 06:23 AM
I get that too sometimes, on the stomach where my belt is, when I scratch myself anywhere and like yesterday, I had blood drawn and when I took my bandates off, I had a big bruise on both of my inner elbows.
I guess the bloodtest will tell.

Debbie

cheryl_v
11-18-2009, 08:30 AM
got a better look this morning, looks like brown spots instead of bruises. Oluwa said it may be side effect from mtx med and to tell doc. going to friday, appointment then. thanks Debbie for helping and answering. seems like always a new symptom or problem lately, fun-fun........lol

CV

Bonita
11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I know i bruise easily and the doc says it is probably the prednsone. Bonita

cheryl_v
11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I was reading it can be a side effect of mtx, so going to see what doc says. if keep taking it or not. thanks Bonita, hope your days going well.

BonusMom
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I bruised easily as a kid (maybe because I was Princess Klutz?), but not so much now. My DH takes a statin and he always looks bruised (I swear I don't hit him!). Amazing what some of the side effects from meds can be. I would definitely bring this to your doctor's attention.

debbie-b
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
I get that too sometimes, on the stomach where my belt is, when I scratch myself anywhere and like yesterday, I had blood drawn and when I took my bandates off, I had a big bruise on both of my inner elbows.
I guess the bloodtest will tell.

Debbie

Now look at the way I have spelled bandaid. Thank you lupus fog for making me look like an idiot. I just read through it and thought, " what are bandates",lol.

Debbie

cheryl_v
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I will bonusmom, going tomorrow.

debbie I understood, is that scarey?.....lol. being in a fog I guess you can read fogs.:laugh:

cv