PDA

View Full Version : Music

Katalanta
08-22-2005, 06:28 AM
One last new topic -

I used to play piano pretty seriously, now I just sing in my car. When I was playing I loved classical music, particularly the impressionists, like Debussy. Once I stopped playing, I learned to love folk music and top 40, country, opera, R&B, there's even a little rap in my collection these days.

Ok, you musicians out there - what should I be listening to now?

hippimom2
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm a music fanatic and like you, I listen to a wide range of stuff. I play guitar (when lupus allows). I play mostly folk, blus, and bluegrass. I love folk music both the old classic stuff and I've found some really good contemporary folk singers. The group Girlyman is awesome if your into acoustic music with awesome harmonies.

I'm glad you brough up music because music is one of the more effective ways I've found to cope with lupus. Listening to some good music takes my mind off pain, helps me feel peaceful and can give me a little extra energy.

hatlady
08-22-2005, 04:29 PM
music is such a wonderful thing! I've always thought every life should hava a sound track! 8)

My favoriet is classical. Bach, Hayden, Beethoven, on and on. Then there's world music. Ever heard of the label Puntamayo? (I think that's how it is spelled). WONDERFUL stuff!

Music can be soothing, can be invigorating. It can move me to tears - Bach and Pachabel can do that to me.

SoleSinger
08-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I listen to everything from Mozart, to well, Yoko Ono... The only thing I really don't listen to is hard core rap (Though I will listen to people like Will Smith and Queen Latifah (Gotta love the queen!)) and hard core metal where I don't think there is a musical bone in their body they just like banging on things to make noise.... LOL!!!

And to sing along with? My favorite is SOUL music... Though, I love Rock and Roll a lot too... Jazz is fun... Hmmmmmmmm....

Saysusie
08-23-2005, 07:24 AM
My life is music and it surrounds me almost 24 hrs a day. I even sleep with earphones and listen to music all night long. My favorite genre is jazz, especially smooth jazz. I love vocals because I think that the human voice is an extraordinary instrument and there are some who can do miraculous things with it :lol:
I also find myself lately listening to a lot of old standards, including Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby, Bobby Darin, Loui Armstrong, Cannon Ball Adderly, etc.
When I am depressed, I go to the classics - especially orchesteral renditions of the classics.
The only genres that I have not been able to endure are heavy metal, hard rock and blue grass :lol:

Keep music in your life -

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Katalanta
08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Dinah Washington - Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SoleSinger
08-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Billie Holiday, and Peggy Lee.... two of my ABSOLUTE favs!!!