PDA

View Full Version : Anything Else?

Katalanta
08-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Weight problems? Religious or inspirational stuff to share? Political rants? Hey! I'd love to know if there are any other gay people out there! What's the percentage of men to women on this board? What about them Dodgers? How's the weather where you live? ...

hippimom2
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Weight problems - YES. I used to be an exercise fanatic and my body has gotten fat and flabby since I have found it difficult to exercise. I'm a little nervous about posting anything about religion and politics because they are such hot topics, but I'll put a little out there. I'm a bleeding heart liberal and I'm very open minded about religion - definitely a very spiritual person and I am currently non denominational.

SoleSinger
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Me too!! I've never really been an exercise fanatic, I mean, I don't HATE it... I just find it hard to get motivated. But, once I'm doing it I'm fine. But, my problem recently has been, well, first I couldn't move my legs for six months because they were so swollen; And once I could, let me tell you, for the first two weeks, all I DID was move and dance and exercise... I was UNSTOPPABLE!!! I loved it, but I was running myself into the ground and just started feeling really crappy again, with absolutely NO energy...

Does anyone have any exercises that they do that DON'T use up ALL of your energy but are just as beneficial? I have so much saggy skin after losing 80lbs of water in a month... it's gross!!

And hippimom, how did I KNOW you were a liberal? Probably because I've never met a conservative hippie... And you will probably never meet a conservative who quotes Yoko Ono... ;)

Missy
08-24-2005, 07:30 PM
My sister and I (both lupus loopies) :P both have the opposite problem with weight - and before everyone cries "aren't you lucky!" let me tell you.......

I lost 10 pounds on high doses of Prednisone and only weighed 122 to start - looked pretty sickly. My sister keeps losing weight and is even worse than me. She went from 114 to 102 in six months, then got really sick on her honeymoon with an infection, was hospitalized, and is still vomitting and is now down to 99 pounds. This is not good for a teacher that needs energy. We have no reserves for getting sick. My sister's spine totally showed in her wedding dress. I'm fortunately up to 118 now that my health is more stable and less Prednisone, but man am I worried about my little sister!

PS I am a bleeding heart liberal, too.......and love hippies (I may not look like one, but I totally am inside!)

SoleSinger
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I hope you BOTH feel better!!!

I have lost a lot of weight too, but mine was mostly water and it has been in such a short period of time (Approximately 85 lbs in a month and a half) that my skin is literally like a baggy suit... It's really gross... Sorry for the graphic image... I also started out pretty heavy, too... Always have been heavy... At least, as long as I can remember...

So, my biggest problem right now is toning... I'm losing it faster than I can exercise!!! LOL!!!!

Btw, How high of a dose of Prednisone are you on? I'm on 80mg/day...

Amanda109
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I lost a lot of weight too. 70 lbs in a couple months. I thought prednisone was supposed to make you gain? *L*