PDA

View Full Version : Worries about my sister send me into a flare.

debbie-b
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
As many of you now, I am from Germany, I have lived here in the USA for almost 30 years. All my family is in Germany, two sisters, nieces, aunts and uncles, my parents have passed. My oldest sister( she is 59) had a severe heart attack two years ago and had a defibbrelator put in her chest, she is doing ok, but gets tired very easily. Now the doc discovered that she has a thickening of her aorta, in her abdomen, which needs surgery, because the aorta could burst at any moment, the wall has become very thin and fragile. The surgery itself is very dangerous, but with her weak heart it is extremly dangerous.
I am so worried about her, it through me into a flare. Now on top of my worries, I have alot of problems with my health. It is so frustrating, because I am so far away. On top of everything else, I saw yesterday, that my passport has expired. Bummer.
Please my friends, I need all your positive thoughts and many prayers.

Thank you.

Debbie

mountaindreamer
11-08-2009, 07:17 PM
hi debbie.......I know you are worried about your sister. It is so difficult when there is too much distance between you and loved ones. I hope her surgery is 100% successful. Does she have good medical attention in Germany? Please try to rest, and get past this flare. I am sending you and your sister angels of health.

debbie-b
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
hi debbie.......I know you are worried about your sister. It is so difficult when there is too much distance between you and loved ones. I hope her surgery is 100% successful. Does she have good medical attention in Germany? Please try to rest, and get past this flare. I am sending you and your sister angels of health.

Thank you.
She does have very good care, but when you are that far away, things just sound worse.

Debbie

mountaindreamer
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I have a cousin who lives in Hiwaii and worries about me like you do about your sister. I can hear it in her voice during her many phone calls. It makes me feel so bad that she is so worried about me, but it also reminds me how much she loves me. I am positive that your sister knows how much you love her too.

jennyjo
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Debbie,
Best wishes to you and your sister.. we will be hoping for your calmness.. take care of you! We will be thinking of you ;0

Angel Oliver
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh im sending you both gentle hugs and will be thinking of you both.She will be in good hands as this op is a good one in a way,sucessful so try think positive...we are for you both.Hope you begin to calm and rest soon.

lots of lovexxxxxxxxx

SandyR
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Debbie -

I am sorry to hear about your sister. How are you doing today? How's your sister?

I will be praying for you and for her.

Sandy

bunnie
11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi Debbie,
I am sorry to hear that your sister is struggling so much with her health. I am praying for her and for you. It's so hard to be far away from loved ones and feel so powerless. Hoping you are feeling a little better, and let us know how your sister fares with her surgery.
Love and prayers,
Deb

debbie-b
11-10-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't care if I am in a flare for ever, as long as my sister survives the surgery. I just got of the phone with her, she will go into the hospital tomorrow, have all kinds of tests done and have the surgery thursday morning. They have to do the surgery, because the bulge in her aorta is getting bigger and the wall is getting very thin and could burst at any time. She would die if that happens. The surgery is dangerous enough, but with her weak heart there is an added danger.
I pray, that today was not the last time I have talked to her.
I will call my brother in law, on thursday and find out, how she is.
Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers.
She just told me, that she is very scared.

Debbie

Bonita
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I will remember you and your sister in my daily prayers and then let everything up to God. Love and prayers Bonita

debbie-b
11-12-2009, 10:13 AM
My sister is out of surgery and is doing good. I am so relieved.
Thank you for all your good wishes.

Debbie

BonusMom
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Wonderful news!

Bonita
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I am so happy for you and your sister and i thank God for seeing her through this. Bonita

magistramarla
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Great news, Debbie! Now concentrate on getting yourself calmed down and feeling better.
Hugs,
Marla

bunnie
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Yay! I am so happy for you debbie... keep us updated on how she is, and you go relax a bit!! It's time to breathe again,
Deb:cute:

SandyR
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Hooray Debbie! That is terrific news!

MLockwood
11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Debbie,
You and your family are in my prayers! Try to only concern yourself with what you can change. We are all praying for you!!

M

mountaindreamer
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
oh debbie, that is the best news of the day. now, go rest, and treat yourself to some peace.

DrinkofWtr
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Debbie B:

I am so sorry about your sister and your subsequent flare. I am glad she is doing better. Take care.

debbie-b
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh wow,

All you guys are so awesome. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Debbie