PDA

View Full Version : remembrance sunday here in uk!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-08-2009, 07:19 AM
well i didn't know if everyone would know that here in uk it is remembrance sunday to remember all our fallen soldiers and those still fighting here is something i found on facebook i thought was very fitting!!

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them. Godbless. Lest we Forget

then on the 11 min of the 11 hour of the 11 day of the 11 month we have a mintues silience

so that was me sharing xxx

rob
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
November the 11th is Veterans Day here in the U.S., as well as Remembrance Day for our neighbors in Canada. One of my favorite quotes comes from Major Richard Winters, who was the C.O. of Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment in WWII. In an interview, he talks of his grandson asking Grandpa if he was a hero in World War Two, and he told the young boy-

"No, Grandpa wasn't a hero, but he served in the company of heroes".

Thanks for sharing that quote Heidi.

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-08-2009, 10:30 AM
yer think 11th is called veterans day here to was just having memory blank lol thats ok i just always think its good thing to remember what our past and present heros are doing i think it specially at moment is soo far away physically we can forget unless it is close to home emotionally if you know what i mean xx thanks for sharing your qoute xx