PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz Boardwalk

magistramarla
11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
We enjoyed our Saturday exploration today! We wandered up to the north end of the bay and explored the Santa Cruz boardwalk. I will definitely have to take my Grandson there when he comes to visit. There is a wonderful, old-fashioned amusement park right there on the beach. It has enough rides and arcade games to keep a ten year old boy occupied all day. We also walked out on the wharf to check out the shops and ate at a seafood restaurant with an incredible view. We were able to watch the surfers competing in the California Cold Water Classic from our table.
My knee is now totally stiff, and I'm glued to the couch for the rest of the evening, but it was worth it!
Marla

BonusMom
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
So glad you enjoyed your day at the Boardwalk, Marla. My daughter had one of her best soccer games (goalie) on the campus of UC Santa Cruz (Go
Slugs!) that overlooks the Boardwalk :).

Was the seafood restaurant on the pier (if looking out towards the ocean) on the right side? Gosh, I can't remember the name, but they serve a mean clam chowder, according to DD. Myself, I prefer prawns/shrimp. If I remember right, they serve a nice and warm crusty bread with butter.....oh I'm drooling just thinking about it!

So sorry that your knee acted up, but it's so nice to get out and explore. Glad that you and DH are getting out to see a bit of Cali :)

magistramarla
11-07-2009, 08:23 PM
There is a whole line-up of wonderful restaurants on the right side of that pier. We read the specials as we walked by each one, and then returned to the one called Miramar, since they had a lovely special. It was a mixture of shrimp, scallops and lobster served over linguine with a mango and champagne sauce - yummy!
I really can't wait to take David there next summer.
Marla

BonusMom
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh, that sounds so delicious! Miramar doesn't ring a bell, but I'll ask my FIL tomorrow as he is a restaurant geek and remembers EVERY place we've ever been together

Your grandson will enjoy the Boardwalk as long as the money lasts...hehehe. Oftentimes, you can buy a wristband for unlimited rides and that's the key to unlimited fun!