PDA

View Full Version : Re mouth ulcers

Tamy
11-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Just wondering..to the people on here who suffer from mouth ulcers, how many would you say you get on a monthly basis? I'm asking this because although I haven't been diagnosed with lupus yet, i've been getting them on a weekly basis for the past 2 years. They're really small, and barely hurt, but knowing that they are there, is a constant "lupus reminder". I know there are mouth washes, etc to stop them from coming up, but I guess i'm hoping that they will go away on their own. Wishful thinking, I know. I'm wondering if I get them too often, or whether it's a normal, weekly occurrence for all loopies. Replies are very much appreciated. Thanx.
Tammy.

debbie-b
11-06-2009, 06:12 AM
I do get them too, but I never paid much attention to how often they come. But I am guessing, I get about 5-6 a month. Since most of them don't hurt, I usually ignore them. It's just one of the symptoms, that comes with lupus.

Debbie

mountaindreamer
11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
hi tammy......Plaquenil is supposed to help with mouth sores. Also, folic acid is also supposed to help. I still get a few each month, but not as many as before. I also use the mouth wash when the sores bother me. But no, my friend, i don't think they just "go away".

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
i tend to get them when flaring then they seem to be none stop one after other couple together!! so i might get them constantly for couple days to a month or so then maybe not have one for month or soo and i get throu quite a bit of bonjella!!

BonusMom
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I have gotten cold sores over the years, just here and there. Last month, I had several painful canker sores-under my tongue, on the side of the tongue and the roof of my mouth. They hurt like heck. My MIL suggested I up my B6 and B12. My doctor prescribed folic acid 4 mg/day. My labs showed a low WBC. My theory is the canker sores were a sign that I was in a flare.