PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow!

rob
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I just got up from a nap, and couldn't figure out where all the dust blowing around outside of my window was coming from. Well, it's not dust, it's snow, and lots of it! We had a short summer here in Maine this year, now it looks like we've had an even shorter fall. I was going to try to rake some leaves this afternoon, but that's going to be a little difficult now! I'm not going to complain!

Rob

Angel Oliver
11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh wow and yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for snow!! I love snow and i hope you think positive about it and do snow angels like you said last year :) We didnt have much of a summer either and i so wish it was snowing here.I have a christmas suit in mind for Jess to wear lol. Oh so exciting a bit of snow brings.Take a photo......oh such a christmas feel to the world when snow arrives...you enjoy it Rob.xxxxxxxx

SandyR
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The first snow is so exciting! I love how it looks, I just hate driving through it. Enjoy!

Tamy
11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Naw, you guys are sooooo lucky. I have never seen snow. Christmas here in Melbourne usually means a trip to the beach. It is Summer here over Christmas, so the only tradition we normally follow is the cooking of the Turkey...otherwise, if it wasn't for a total fire ban, we'd all be having a BBQ. It doesn't snow around this part of Melbourne, we have had hail a few times, but that is no where near as pretty as snow, and definitely not as quite as snow.
Hope your all doing well,
Tammy.

Bonita
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
I know the snow does look so pretty but when you live on a one way street and do not have a garage or off street parking it can get awfull. Besides that the cold only makes me hurt more and i wish it did not so i could enjoy making snowmen with the grandkids and sledding. Bonita

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-06-2009, 02:33 PM
oooh wooooooow i love snow!! please please please please take pics!!! if we get snow we normally get kind of jan feb time its been long time since snow on xmas!!

and extra bonus noo raking one chore you can tick off lol!!

debbie-b
11-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I love snow. People think that I am crazy, because we get alot of snow here, but I can't wait to see the first snow falling.

Debbie

magistramarla
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I miss snow - haven't seen it in 17 years. We've lived in South Texas for that long. We both miss snow, so what do we do? Move to the beach! Oh, well.
Enjoy it, all of you folks up there in the frozen North.
Marla

rob
11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, all the snow melted, and it's 60 degrees and sunny again. Those leaves are still there staring at me. My, that was a really short winter!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Well, all the snow melted, and it's 60 degrees and sunny again. Those leaves are still there staring at me. My, that was a really short winter!

oh no climate change at its best!!! well at least the sun should dry the leaves out make it easier to get up!! :-) lol x

ashleybaby715
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM
AH. im not looking forward to when snow gets here in pittsburgh =/

DrinkofWtr
11-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I miss the snow a little. I used to live near Chicago as a kid. We always had lots of snow in the winter.

brandichi
11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Now that's the kind of snow I like!! The first snow of the season is always magical, I love it. And when you get those huge flakes falling at night, that's so pretty. Same for Christmas snow, there's something so special and magical about it. I go out and make snow angels every year at least once, usually when I'm at my parents so they can laugh at me and think I've reverted back to my childhood.

But then I've had enough of the snow. Driving in it is not my idea of fun, although I'd rather drive in snow than ice. That totally terrifies me!