PDA

View Full Version : Vibration sensation in legs/Neuropathy?/Lupus?

Mommyof1
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
So I have recently noticed intermittently I get this really light vibrating sensation in my legs and I think its my cell phone vibrating but when I check my cell its not. Does anyone get this sensation? Can it be from peripheral neuropathy and/or Lupus? -Brittanee

pandagirl
11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh my God...I have it too!! I thought I was crazy the first few times it happened...No phone in my pocket. I get it in my feet too sometimes...glad I am not alone.:wacko:

mountaindreamer
11-04-2009, 05:32 PM
oh girls, hold on, people are going to start wondering about you if you keep looking for a phone that is not there. ha ha ha .........I am constantly amazed at the many twerks that we share with each other. (i don't think twerk is a word)

debbie-b
11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Me too. I get it all the time. It is so anoying. I call it it buzzing. I am not sure what it is, but I do like to find out.

Debbie

BTW twerk is a perfectly good word, but only makes sense to lupies.

Lala
11-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Me too, my fam makes fun of me when I look for my phone.

ricketyrose
11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I have some primary neuropathy and I get the buzzing when my nerves are healing. its like the electricity has been turned back on but is not running fully funtional yet.

Mommyof1
11-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I just got my skin biopsied on my left leg in 3 places monday for the small nerve fiber peripheral neuropathy. I will have the results in a few weeks but the woman who did the testing said my symptoms are typical of that type of neuropathy so I really think its whats going on. Im on neurontin 300mg once a day but its not helping a whole lot. I hope you guys get some answers. I also have an appt with a new neuro the 25th of this month so I will def mention it and see what he says :) Good luck to you all!

bunnie
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi y'all,
I've had buzzing in my left hand for a week or so now... I love this site because it sure does help you feel human to see so many others with similar issues!! :wacko:
You are all a blessing to me,

elizabeth
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I have buzzing/tingling down my left leg. It comes and goes. It doesn't hurt and that makes it less of a concern for me. I also have major areas of numbness too.

seafoam
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
In my upper thigh I first felt a sensation like there was hot air blowing on my leg - then tingles - like little pin pricks. It has been over six months and now the surface of my leg is kinda numb. I googled and read about how it could be a pinched nerve, loose weight, etc. Although I can certainly go on about my life - would just like to know if causing some sort of damage. I still don't know what is causing it, but knowing there are others out there is somewhat comforting.

SandyR
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I thought it was just me!

magistramarla
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I've had neuropathy in my right leg for a long time. It also happens occasionally in the other leg and in my arms. I had a muscle biopsy in Houston over a year ago. I was surprised that they took the muscle sample from my arm, rather than the leg which gives me the most trouble. The docs didn't seem too impressed by the results, so nothing ever came of it. I think that those docs were looking for some specific things, which they didn't find. The problem for me is that they never gave me any real answers about my neuropathy.
Marla

ginlyn
11-19-2009, 01:33 AM
I get the buzzing sensation in the upper prtion of my body mostly up and down my arms but I think mine might be more from my Disc herniaton in my neck I have herniations from c3-c7.
Ginlyn

teresaa40
11-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh me too!

It started a few weeks ago. A buzzing like there is something, like a fan, running in the floor beneath me. I ignored it at first, but, now it's happening more and more frequently and noticeably. It's annoying more than anything else.

banderosa
12-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I was having this vibration sensation for about 4-8 months, I don't remember exactly how many but it seemed like a long time. It was mostly my legs, at first from time to time, then all the time. It was getting worse and most of my other symptoms too. I got rid of it, thank god, and I can,t believe it is so simple. When I went to my rheumatologist 3 months ago I told him about this scary vibration sensations, he almost jumped from joy and said that all of his lupus patients report having it and asked if he can touch my muscle to see if it is vibrating in reality. What a jerk! I already wrote in another post about this appointment. Anyway it turned out that I am severly Vitamin D defficient, I am taking Vit D3 for 3 months now(7000 IU a day) and I got rid of most of my "lupus" symptoms, including the vibration sensation, muscle twiches, muscle cramps, headache, tingling in my arms and legs, unexplained muscle and bone pain, shooting nerve pain in my legs and arms, feeling like someone is spilling hot tea over my legs, I have more energy, I sleep better, I don,t wake up to go to the restroom at knight anymore. All the symptoms that i though are because of neuropathy are gone. It was just a vitamin D defficiency.
Now I have my lreal upus symptoms left only.
I don't know how to tell this guy politely that his patients have Vit D3 defficiency, that is WHY they are vibrating.
I hope I could help you and the cause is like mine and not lupus.

Mommyof1
12-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Unfortunately my vit D levels have been good because of my daily vitamin I take everyday...so this for me is not the answer :/ I am waiting on more specific vit results though..b12,thiamine,vit k and something else....gah.

banderosa
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Good that you are testing all the other vitamins too.
Why don't you test the D also just in case? When I did the blood test I was already taking D3 2000 IU daily. I was still very defficient and I had the symptoms. They disappeared with much higher dosage. Dosage is really important.

LAP717
12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I have the same issue in my arms and legs (sometimes in my left cheek too). I feel like I am going CRAZY sometimes with this.

magistramarla
12-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I've been on mega-doses of vitamin D for two months. It has done a lot for giving me more energy, but not a thing for the neuropathy.
Marla

teresaa40
12-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I wonder if the twitching in my eyes is related as well. I have one eye that will twitch, I guess more of a spasm, in the upper eyelid. Its just this intermittent twitch that, after a few hours will drive me crazy. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

kim,l
12-13-2009, 03:32 PM
hi i have the same problem i was given a cream called zostrix it is a analgesic cream it helps i suffer from burning and tingling sensation in my legs and arms and my leg goes numb and i cannot feel my leg there is no sensation for awhile the burning can be quite painful i also suffer from eye twitching and shaking and tremors my husband says i am like a bird sometimes i flap my wings i get it in my neck and face as well maybe if you try this cream or whatever is similar it may help otherwise may have to have nerve conduction test hugs kim l