PDA

View Full Version : ILD(Interstitial Lung Disease) and Lupus?

Mommyof1
11-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi all. I recently had a PFT test come back abnormal so my dr has ordered a CT scan to check into why. When I went to get the scan done I noticed she put evaluation for ILD on there and where I thought I knew what it stood for I wasn't sure exactly what it was about. After researching I found its called Interstital Lung Disease and can occur with and without lupus. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what happened? My tests were done mainly due to shortness of breath especially when exercising and sometimes when eating. If anyone has any info please let me know! Thanks. -Brittanee

debbie-b
12-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Britt,

Sorry, I have just found your post. I have never heard of ILD, but I sure have the same symptoms, shortness of breath, with very little exertion. It is worse now, because I have a cold, with lots of coughing.
I am a smoker and off course it gets blamed on that. I have read, that alot of lupies have lung problems, even the non- smokers.

Debbie

Serenity81
12-09-2009, 01:43 PM
They're just looking to rule out ILD.. but it is something that should be able to be seen on a CT if it's there. It can be lupus-related and that's probably why they want to look into it for you as soon as they can. Have they gotten back to you yet regarding the results? It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, I hope you get some guidance soon and start feeling better.

pandagirl
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Haven't heard of it, but I too told my doc recently about the shortness of breath and he sent me to a cardiologist.Cardio did EKG which was norm..now wants an echo stress, which they just rescheduled on me..I am so fed up with doc's i told them sched me in January!! I just want a doc free Christmas. I am not getting myself upset and crazy over it either...it doesn't help anything..and a few more weeks makes no difference. I know I have a few pounds to lose and need exercise to keep things moving...and the lungs going strong...ahhh.... if I could just apply that and DO IT!! lolol