PDA

View Full Version : A little stressed right now.

SandyR
10-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Things are a little crazy right now. There's a lot going on with my personal life and I am working hard to make sure it doesn't send me into a flare. My psoriasis is horrible right now. :no: It's disgusting looking and I wish it weren't in such a visible place (it's worse on my eye lids). I know it's all stress and I am working to control it but arrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!! It's beginning to get to me. Today one of my best friends moved back to Utica. Thursday my mom and step dad are moving from NY to FL. Last weekend my dad told me he moved out of the house a week before that and is seperating from my step mom and there is a whole boatload of stress with him and my youngest siblings that adds to the current situation. Work is a precarious situation at best at the moment and although my medical bill pile grows larger by the month, my wallet does not. Add to that, I have a wedding to go to next weekend and had to get a new dress b/c all my formal dress clothes are too big/out of season and the fact that I will need to pay rent Sunday and will be praying I don't have any financial emergencies until I get paid again next Friday and it all just makes me want to :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:. Sorry to vent but I just needed to get it out and I know you all can understand exactly how stressful stress can be when you worry about it making you sick.

kim,l
10-30-2009, 05:52 PM
sorry sandy that you are having so much worry and stress and financial problems i hope things will get better for you soon family can be a real stress raiser at times. i know how money can get you down it seems we barely survive from week to week try and rest and relax a bit you are right you having a flare up is going to make things worse you need to think about you first try and have a good weekend and happy halloween hugs kim l

BonusMom
10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh Sandy.....you're not under a LITLLE stress, you've got some major life changes going on around you. And that darn stress will cause you to suffer horribly if you can't keep it under control (like you have any control over that!). Keep repeating positive affirmations to get you through the next week and take time to pamper yourself with a nice bath, candles and some hot tea (or margarita's--your choice). Finally, allow yourself to mourn your mom and stepdad's move and your father's divorce. Neither of those things are easy (my parents moved 600 miles away when I was pregnant with my third child and I was heartbroken).

My daughter has gotten eczema on her eyelids before-right in the crease. We finally found a med to control that and she hasn't had a problem since.

I'm sending good financial vibes to you...............and everyone else at WHL.

debbie-b
10-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Hi Sandy,

I hope all the problems around you will disappear, so that you can focus on yourself.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
10-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Oh Sandy,

im sorry to read what you are going through.Just take one day at a time,i do.When you have allot going on at the same time,it can be so overwhelming.Try not to think of tomorrow just deal with one day at a time. If you have cream for your skin,that should slowly help you heal,but try not to worry what it looks like.We always think it looks worse than it is,people do understand and you are such a lovely person,people will love you anyway. Im sorry about all your problems ,money,family,seems so much to deal with.But you WILL get through this.Keep talking things through,dont try to solve all the problems all at the same time and make sure each day you do something nice just for you.All this will pass and you will cope and we all will be here for you.
Im thinking of you.
Lots of love Amanda.xxxxxxx

jennyjo
10-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi Sandy,
I am sorry you are entering through this rough patch,... it will get easier and smoother.. I promise. Just as most rough times do! Pamper yourself and take care of YOU as much as you possibly can.. you deserve it. It is virtually impossible to ward off all stress - with our lupus or not, so I guess we just have to manage ways of dealing with it. Good luck to you hun... let us know how you're feeling in the next few weeks ... Smile.. we're always here :cute:

SandyR
10-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement. :hug: I love all of you - our WHL family is the best. I appreciate all the kind words and advice. I am definately working in PT for myself and I am glad I am able to talk to you all to get some frustrations out. I do have 2 creams for my eyes, but one is a steriod that I can only take a couple of times a week, and the other is more of a moisturizing barrier for my skin. Angel - you're right, I know it looks worse to me then to everyone else, but still, I know what it SHOULD look like and it just looks so ewwww to me right now.

Angel Oliver
10-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes Sandy i understand,but keep applying it and know it will get better and i think you are so very pretty no skin condition can ever change that my friend.xxxxx

justomegirlindallas
10-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Vent all you want, thats what we're here for.

DrinkofWtr
11-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Sandy, hang in there. It's extremely difficult for you right now and you are indeed under an enormous amount of stress. Vent girl, vent.

mountaindreamer
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
hi sandy, wow, this is the best support group, you have been showered with love by so many of our members. I hope things are getting better for you, i hope the cream is working and that you are feeling better. Yes, vent girl, vent......and this is the place for you to find caring ears. Just getting things off of your chest will hopefully releave some of your stress. Hang in there, and feel better soon.

SandyR
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone for all the love! Today was the big day, the parents are on the road and on their way to their full-fledged retirement in sunny FL. It is beginning to hit me and I miss my mom already. :unsure: I will see her very soon though, I am going down in February to surprise her for her bday. I had a brief little crying spell :cry4: when I got home tonight, but I am feeling better now. It's funny b/c my mom has been the one to keep breaking down and with her hormones off the wall out of control right now, I've been the one to keep my stuff together and laugh through it all, but I guess the stress of the day and all the emotions finally caught up to me. Probably didn't help too much that I had a glass of wine with dinner.

My psoriasis is horrible right now. I have an appointment with the rheumy on December 8th, but if this doesn't calm down in the next two weeks, I will be calling him to go in sooner. I am really hoping it is mostly the stress flaring my psoriasis out. I hate how it make me itchy everywhere that I have skin. :grumpy: I am taking my creams and working hard to make sure I keep moisturized, but I am losing this battle patch by patch. :hissyfit:

Angel Oliver
11-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Sandy,

Im sending you gentle hugs.I know it must be so strange your parents moving home.But maybe once you visit and see them settled hopefully you will feel a little better.Sorry you are itching so much i wish the creams would hurry up n work.But like you said,you are so upset right now so thats probably not helping,but it so understadable.Dont forget ''YOU ARE SO PRETTY'' and soon your skin will heal.We are all here for you when you need us.

Thinking of you
lots of lovexxxxxxxxxx

BonusMom
11-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Oh Sandy, how my heart aches for you. I understand how you normally put on a happy face, but let yourself have a good cry (or two, or three), which will surely help the healing. My thoughts are with you as you travel to the wedding. I hope you don't run in to any snow. Like you, I love watching the snow from the inside of my cozy home, but I don't care for driving in it.

mountaindreamer
11-08-2009, 01:56 PM
hi sandy, oh, i was hoping that the horrid itch had subsided. You are a better woman than me, i would be at the er, and demanding that someone find a way to make it stop, i have zero tolerance for rashes and itching. I know you are going to miss your mom, and i know she will miss you. I know several people who have retired in florida, and they all love it. I am glad that you will visiting very soon. Where in florida did she move to?

SandyR
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
well, my eyes seem to be a little better. actually, they just seem to be getting stable, but that's MUCH better than getting worse. :yes: Thank you all for your love and support and concern. Mom arrived in FL yesterday. (Phyllis she's in Leesburg which is by Occala which is about an hour north of Orlando). Her truck of worldly posessions arrives there tomorrow and I know she is excited about that as she will be able to get online again. Work is still stressful. I am just holding my breathe and praying on that right now. Everthing else is about the same.

I am looking forward to my road trip in 2 weeks. I am very excited to be seeing my friend and to be driving home with my niece. I miss my babygirl very much and I think she's a little lonely and homesick, so I can't wait to see her and hug her myself. I'll probably get a little mushy and embarass her, but hey, that's what aunts are for. :laugh: The trip is helping me keep less stressed and (ironically) bringing on a little stress as I continue to juggle the bills and will be adding in a huge expense with this trip between the gas and tolls, but it's totally worth it.

BonusMom
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
So glad your Mama made it safe and sound to her new home, Sandy, and that all of her worldly possessions will arrive tomorrow. It'll be a whirlwind-getting everything unpacked, decorated and such. Believe me, she'll miss you like mad and will be so happy to see you when you go visit in February.

Sorry, but I was thinking your trip was this past weekend and it's still a couple of weeks away. I have just one nephew, age 15, and he lives a couple of miles from me. I just love being an Auntie. He'll always be my "Little Man", no matter how tall or old he gets. I don't see him as frequently as I would like because I don't care much for his stepmom, who is married to my brother (brother has custody), which really stinks.

I'm happy that your eyes are improving. Even if no one else notices, we know "it's" there, making us very self-conscious. Keep a good thought and the stress at bay and perhaps that darn rash will clear in its entirety before your trip.

magistramarla
11-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Sandy,
I know Leesburg very well, too! My sweet mother-in-law also moved from NY to Florida, and was a nurse at the hospital in Leesburg. She lived in one of the little nearby towns called Tavares. Your Mom and Dad will enjoy living in that area. My kids loved going to visit Grandma - she lived just half an hour from Mickey Mouse!
As you know, we've just gone through a long move, too. I know that my adult children were in shock about Mom and Dad moving, too. I've had some bad days too, when I just wanted my house, my job and my family back. Those bad days pass, and we're getting used to our new surroundings. Thanks to cell phones and computers we can stay in touch every day (sometimes it gets a bit aggravating when I hear from all five of them in one day and can't get anything done myself!). We already have our airline tickets to Little Rock to meet our new grandson when he arrives!
Tom is also working on getting us to Houston for a visit. His company needs some help on computer security, and since that is Jeff's specialty, the company's owner just might be willing to fly us there for Jeff to "consult". They have a company jet, so Tom thinks the owner might send it to pick us up! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
You'll get used to Mom being in Florida, and you'll have lots of fun visiting.
Do you take Plaquenil? I have psoriasis, too- just in my scalp. Ever since I've been taking the plaq I haven't had a bad breakout on my scalp. I also used to get strange little flaky sores on my arms and hands, especially during hot weather. Thanks to the plaq, this summer was totally sore-free, even though it was extremely hot in Texas.
If you don't take plaq already, it might be something to ask your doc about.
Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Marla -
Another good example of how our small world gets smaller every day. :laugh: I have never been to Leesburg but I am planning to go there in February for mom's bday. In fact, I was looking at it today and was thinking of going on that thursday but if I go tuesday I will save $100 which would be more then enough to see Mickey and my aunt in Stewart too.
I don't take any meds for any of my AI's right now. That's why I was going to go to the rheumy if the psoriasis didn't clear after the stress let up, but right now it's looking much better then a week or two ago so I am thinking of just waiting until the 8th again to see what he says. I'm sure he will want to not put me on meds since we agree that as long as I don't really need to be on them and can alleviate symptoms or tolerate them without meds then I shouldn't be on them.

BM -
I get my own schedule confused too so no worries! The wedding was beautiful. The trip is in a week from this Saturday. I am so excited to see my niece. That's exactly how I still think of her - as little. I remember how it used to drive me nuts when people did that to me and now I try hard not to let her know that I do that to her, but I guess it's just part of the natural order of life.

Sandy