PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

cruelladevil
10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
(had posted this on another thread oops )

Hi, I was diagnosed with Lupus anticoagulant about 4 years ago because I had a few miscarriages, I was put on injections of heparin when I was pregnant, I have never been given much information on it. I was born 3 months early with a heart condition, which I had an operation on at the age of 4 to fix. I have eye surgery to fix lazy eyes, got asthma, had poloycistic ovaries, told I couldn’t have kids after having surgery on them as I collapsed(I have 4).I got Henoch Schonline Purpura at the age of 20, was really really ill. I also have a hitas hernia, had costocondritis loads of times for years, no one ever mentioned lupus, also when I had hsp my joints were agony and no one mentioned much about it. During my pregnancies I get well looked after, but after that I feel I don’t understand any of it. I had quite a few blood clots on the brain which dispersed itself during my pregnancy, I am on warfarin, for my lupus, antibiotics for my hsp, inhalers for my asthma, lansoprasol for my hernia, nifedapine for my blood pressure. Just now my knees are badly swollen and very very painfull, my hands get really sore, my breast bone is really badly swollen and very very sore aswell, I get mouth ulcers constantly, loads at one time, no one has ever connected any of these things with anything, I feel at times I am going MAD…… I don’t really know what I am trying to say, I just want to know what is wrong…. thanks

Trisha x

kim,l
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
hi trisha welcome to the sight my name is kim l and i am from sydney australia i am sorry you are going through so much it can be so overwhelming sometimes i to had multiple miscarriages and i had one stillbirth a little boy at 20 weeks but i had 3 children all were born premature i never found out i had lupus until last year my eldest child is 23 even after all the miscarriage nobody could tell me why it was only when consulting rheumi last year he answered my questions he told me my miscarriage were caused by lupus and that i probably had the first signs at 14 when i had ovarian cyst. it is a wonderful sight here the people are wonderful and we will be here to support you they have been a life saver to me at times and i have made some wonderful friends hope you will be one of them you can private messaged me at anytime you need to talk. well i hope you are feeling better soon hugs kim l

cruelladevil
10-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi Kim, thanks so much for writing, it is great comfort that I am not alone, feel as if I am losing my mind at times, mind you my memory is terrible always has been... never remember anything... lol...

thanks take care

Trish x

dsunshine
10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey Trisha
Welcome to WHL!!
You have come to the right place to find answers, support, understanding and a wealth of cyber friends who know how you feel and understand more than anyone!
WOW...what a blessing...you were told you couldn't have children and you had 4. Goes to show that doctor's don't know everything and when the doctor's say NO...GOD says Yes!
Sorry to hear about all that is going on but I do hope and pray you find and get the answers you want and need!!!
Again welcome

Rena