PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

MicRoMediC
10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Sorry guys I haven't been around a lot lately, been busy with work and nursing school...

Anyway a little reminder to stay on top of your health and listen to your body. Your life takes priority over anything else...

Wednesday my exboyfriend's girlfriend, who has lupus, started complaining of shortness of breath. She went to the hospital finally Friday, they put her on a ventilator and she died yesterday. She had a pulmonary embolism (a clot in her lung) and died from hypoxia (lack of oxygen). She was 22 years old. She leaves behind a beautiful 3 year old little girl. She was non-compliant with her medicines and didn't pay much attention to her health; she ignored a lot of symptoms and would not get treated for anything. Anyway, sorry for the bad news. Just wanted to remind everyone to stay on top of things.

Sam

BonusMom
10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
A grim reminder of not following doctor's orders. So sad the 3 year old will grow up without their mommy :(

Keep up the great work in nursing school. It's difficult enough w/o illness, but with a chronic illness it is even more challenging. Hang in there!

Bonita
10-26-2009, 09:07 AM
So sorry about this girls untimely death and good luck in nursing school. We all are our own advocates when it comes to our health and well being. Bonita

Danica01
10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Your news breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for going to nursing school. You are helping all of us fight our battles one class at a time. Keep up the good work and everyone please stay healthy!

MicRoMediC
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I actually didn't know her, my ex boyfriend actually called me to inform me about it this morning, I just wanted to share with everyone else.

mountaindreamer
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
thanks for sharing this story with us, micromedic. It is a strong reminder for us to stay on top of our health. Best of luck with nursing school, are you still working as a medic? nice to hear from you.

justomegirlindallas
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I had a subclavian thrombosis that was ready to pop. Unlike yor exboyfriends girlfriend though, I had to fight to get someone to listen and catch it in time. I had bypass and it didn't rupture but I started getting hypoxic there towards the end before the emergency bypass was completed. 7 months of utter hell

smokerscat94
10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
that's so sad! I'm sorry!

DrinkofWtr
10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear about your ex's girlfriend and so young to die.

SandyR
10-27-2009, 03:36 PM
What sad news. I am sorry to hear that she died. Thank you for sharing with us.