PDA

View Full Version : October 23 - A Special Day

magistramarla
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone,
October 23 is a special day for Jeff and I. We'll be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. I'm looking forward to going to a nice seafood restaurant near the beach in Pacific Grove that Jeff knows about. Today, I found a bottle of our favorite "bubbly", so we'll be "three sheets to the wind" by the time we finish the evening !
Wow, where did 33 years go? I don't feel that old!
Hugs to all,
Marla

BonusMom
10-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Congrats on 33 years of wedded bliss! It's amazing--one day you're at the altar and the next celebrating huge milestones.

You can't go wrong with seafood in Pacific Grove (oh, and lots of bubbly!). Enjoy yourselves tonight!

debbie-b
10-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Marla,

Congratulations. This is awesome. I wish you and your hubby, a great day, enjoy and lots of fun.

Debbie

iseedeadmonkeys
10-23-2009, 08:06 AM
wow Marla

Thats pretty impressive...surely u would get less for murder haha,

Anyway congratulations to the both of you enjoy tht bubbly stuff

lots of love

ISDM

Bonita
10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband in July i was married 43. Bonita

lucky7
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
HAPPY 33rd Marla and Hubby!!!!! GOOD for the two of you!!!!!! THAT deserves a BIG WOO HOO!!!!!!:8::thumbs-up:

kim,l
10-23-2009, 08:24 PM
hi marla so pleased you are celebrating your 33 year of marriage stephen and i celebrated 25 years this year in march its wonderful to be with and love someone for those many years have a great celebration my friend . hugs to both you and jeff and your whole family kim l

lucky7
10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
WOO HOO to you too KIM!!!!! 25 is WONDERFUL!!!! That deserves a BIG APPLAUSE!! :arms: Carl and i are on our way! We hit 15yrs this month! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Danica01
10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Happy anniversary to you............happy anniversary to you...........happy anniversary to the love birds..............happy anniversary to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smlove2:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-24-2009, 01:17 AM
wow congrats to all you who are celbrating having someone lovely to share your life with you may it be one year, 15 years jeannette WOOHOOO!! 25 years kim yaaaaayyy!!
or 33 years marla fanatasic lots of woohoos and yaaayyys !!!!

gives us singletons hope xxxxx

magistramarla
10-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, Scrooge, better known as Sprint, ruined our anniversary by taking all our money. We changed over to AT&T because our Sprint phones wouldn't work here. Since both of our phones were old, we assumed that they were off contract. Wrong! Because one of us had accepted a $70 rebate on our phone bill last year, we unknowingly had renewed our contract for 2 more years. Therefore, they yanked over $600 in charges out of our account. I had to scramble to change some pay dates so that our account wouldn't be overdrawn.
We canceled our dinner plans, I cooked dinner and we spent the evening watching our scifi shows. We were so upset, we didn't even open our bottle of bubbly.
Just my luck - no romantic anniversary after all. That's what I get for anticipating it all week.
Marla

BonusMom
10-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I am so disappointed for you and Jeff, Marla. Especially since you'd been anticipating your anniversary all week.

I would contact Sprint and insist on speaking with a supervisor. Explain that you were tranferred due to your husband's military career AND their service did not work in your new area. If that doesn't work, I would contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint since the move was out of your control and they couldn't provide you service.

SandyR
10-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Congrats, Marla!

kim,l
10-24-2009, 10:46 PM
dear marla i am so sorry about anniversary plans it is a real disappoinment when you plan these things and things go wrong stephen and i have spent many anniversary at home because things have gone wrong but at least you were together and it is a big milestone for you. as far phone company are concerned they just do not care they are only after filling there pockets . my daughter sarah got a bill last month for 3.000 dollars she panicked but i told her to go to there office and explain this was not in her contract. they laughed at her and said it was not there problem that is when i told her to threatened them with going to telecommunication ombudsman they soon changed there attitude and wiped her bill do you have a department like that in america who could help you. i hope you work things out. hugs kim l

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-25-2009, 04:14 AM
oh no poor marla how disappointing i feel for you i know how diappointing when your looknig to soemthing for awhile and then something out of your control changes it!! :-( you know i woud do not just cancel i would just postpone the celbration be like quenn of england and her birthdays and have two annverdarys for this year!! if this big lump some of money has shorten you cash wise for while i would do a special something at home get the candles out best table cloth both do your self up! it doesn't matter where you are your celbrating being together soo all you need is you two!! hope you get to do something special soon big hugs H xx

mountaindreamer
10-25-2009, 08:42 AM
hi marla, i hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Special Bubbly, and fresh seafood by the seashore......sounds like a magical evening. Congrats to you and Stephen.

Danica01
10-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh Marla love........I am so sorry thing didn't turn out the way you had hoped. That makes me so sad for you! I know how it feels when you have this thought in your mind about how something will be and then POOF, it doesn't work out :skeptical: I better your homemade dinner was better than anything you could have ordered out! At least you two were together and you made it through another year!!!!!!!! I hope one day I am celebrating my anniversary after many years with my Timmy! You two are an inspiration :smlove2: