PDA

View Full Version : newww (:

lindsayyy
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Im lindsay. Im 17 years old. And i was diagnosed with lupus when i was 14. At the time i really didnt know how bad it could be. I was just upset because everyone i knew would cry about it. Over the years ive learned about my disease, and luckily i havent seen the bad sides of it. One thing i have problems with is taking my medication. Im not sure why.. Maybe cause its the only thing i have control of with the disease. But i know if i keep this up, i will eventually see the bad side effects. But i would love to hear from everyone else, and get some advice.. and maybe give some. (:

BonusMom
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard Lindsay! We have a couple of other members, ritzbitz and ashley75, in your age group, so I'm sure you'll have lots in common. You have found a great group of people who can relate to what you're going through, even if we're older or younger than you are.

It's difficult remembering to take our medication daily, especially when we're not not used to taking meds on a regular basis. Maybe keep them by your toothbrush so it's easier to remember? I have mine in a pill reminder box that I keep in my briefcase (makes me feel so old) because I'm usually rushing out the door in the morning and don't think about it until I'm sitting at my desk at work. Believe me, you will be sorry if you miss more than one or two doses of something--it could send you in to a flare and you would be miserable.

I do understand the difficulty in accepting the diagnosis and wondering why the heck you have to take the meds. I think many of us are a bit rebellious in that way-especially when you're feeling better (no doubt due to the meds). We like to push the envelope because we don't think we need to take those stupid meds. Afterall, we feel just fine, thankyouverymuch. You're wrong. You do need the meds. If you didn't, your doctor would not have prescribed them, right?????

Again, welcome to WHL. It's a great group of people!

smokerscat94
10-22-2009, 10:14 PM
hi lindsayyy,

I am fairly new to this site too. Welcome to the group! I understand what you are going through. I was a young when I first had symptoms. at 21 they diagnosed me with RA. Now 2009 they are thinking that it is SLE not RA. i know how you feel. My teen years were hard for me.

Welcome to the site!
I would love to become your friend!

Take care

mountaindreamer
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
hi lindsayyy, welcome to our group.......we are a world-wide family and our members range from teens to oldies (like me). I am the world's worst about my meds....sometimes i just get mad and i refuse to take them. Like Bonus Mom said, you don't want to do this for more than one or 2 days.....i know from experience that it will send you into a flare. So glad to have you with us, hang around and join in on some of the threads. So many of our newly diagnosed members need guidance through this frightening diagnostic time. I know you will be a great member, and i look forward to a new friendship.

lucky7
10-23-2009, 03:09 PM
WELCOME LINDSAY!!!! YOU Are only 2 yrs younger than my daughter! Im glad you found us hun!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:cute:

SandyR
10-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi Lindsay!

Welcome! I totally understand what you mean about the meds being your only source of control. It's hard keeping on track with meds, especially when it makes you feel so not normal or when, like me, you hate the idea of taking pills. I am glad you found this site. There is a teen forum on the bottom of the home page too that you might also find interesting. Come check out Laurie's Lounge too. You'll find posts from Ashley and Ribitz there too.

Sandy

lindsayyy
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
thank you. (:

yeahh it can be hard.
but it could be worse..