PDA

View Full Version : Loosing my toenails!!! HELP!!!!!

annie1
10-22-2009, 04:08 AM
Hey everyone! Hope you are all well!!

Got a bit of a odd question.... I have started to loose my toenails. They go all bruised and then fall off a few days later. Have lost 3 so far, and 2 more are bruised so will probably fall of soon. Have been to my GP about it, but just claims I have had a nasty knock on them, and it is just that which has caused them to fall of. I am convinced that I have not damanged or hit my toes on anything!!

Has anyone else had anything like it? And is it related to lupus?

Thanks x x

debbie-b
10-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Annie,

OMG, that is awful. I am fortunate enough, to have never had this problem, I never even heard of it. I very much hope that you can get an answer and stop this from happening.

Debbie

bunnie
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Annie!!
I had that happen to me this past summer. They turned red, and then came loose and fell off ... Was left with about 1/8 inch of nail left on 8 out of ten toes!! Pretty creepy to say the least. My doc believes it is an inflammation issue, most likely due to Lupus. It's been three months since they fell off, and they are finally beginning to look normal again.
Man, this disease is bizarre, isn't it??? :wacko: Let me know if you get any other answers, I am curious...
Bless you,
Deb

mountaindreamer
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
hi annie, oh, that sounds awful....my toenails have pulled away from the skin and they have creased down the side, but they have not fallen off....this happened years ago, and they never got worse or better. Wonder if it is related to lupus....so strange.

karenboss
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
oh yuck! Well, you should get a pretty deep discount on your next pedicure :)

lucky7
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh ANNIE, you are NOT ALONE HUN!!! I had the same thing happen to me last December. They are grown back now BUT, i probably just jynxd it! Now ill be losing them again soon!:shocked: THIS disease does some crazy things!:wideeyed: My fingernails are VERY frail now as well. THEY peel and they have pits and grooves in them.I dont have to worry about breaking a nail at least! LOL

debbie-b
10-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey everyone! Hope you are all well!!

Got a bit of a odd question.... I have started to loose my toenails. They go all bruised and then fall off a few days later. Have lost 3 so far, and 2 more are bruised so will probably fall of soon. Have been to my GP about it, but just claims I have had a nasty knock on them, and it is just that which has caused them to fall of. I am convinced that I have not damanged or hit my toes on anything!!

Has anyone else had anything like it? And is it related to lupus?

Thanks x x

What gets to me is, that your GP said, you must have had a nasty knock on them. What is he thinking? Woulnd't you know, if you hit your toes on something? These docs treat us like idiots. I hate that.

Debbie

lucky7
10-23-2009, 02:44 PM
OH BOY, DITO to THAT DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!! ISNT THAT the TRUTH! :skeptical:
I had my dr say the exact same thing! DUH! I DO think i would remember if i stubbed a toe OR, TOES for that matter!:arghh: :irked: :pat: