PDA

View Full Version : Travel Tips: NYC to Burlington

SandyR
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I am making plans for a road trip to pick my niece up from college in Burlington, VT and take her to her house in Philly for Thanksgiving. I've never been to VT and would like to stop and see a few things if I can. I took the whole week off and need to be there Tuesday evening so I am either going to drive straight there or leave here a day or two before and meander up. I am all for meandering but am on a tight, tight, budget. I think the route I am taking brings me up 91. Has anyone travelled that way? Can you recommend any places of interest? Places to stop and eat along the way? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I will be stopping along the way back to Philly with my niece too so I am also trying to think of some things that an 18yr old won't find too boring with her little old aunt. :laugh:

mountaindreamer
10-22-2009, 06:44 AM
hi sandy, what a wonderful trip you have planned. Sorry i can't help, i don't have any experience traveling in that area, but i know there will be plenty of beautiful sights along the way. Have a great time, and watch out for snow.

rob
10-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Sandy,

If only you were coming a little further north, I could give you the grand tour! Lots of great sights to see here, and good restaurants (cheap too!). I know we have a member here from the area you are travelling to. I believe it's Spanglishqueen, and I think she's from just nextdoor in New Hampshire, you should talk to her, she might be able to help.

You should visit the Bangor/Searsport Maine area one of these days. (I Could use a little company!)

Rob

SandyR
10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Sandy,

If only you were coming a little further north, I could give you the grand tour! Lots of great sights to see here, and good restaurants (cheap too!). I know we have a member here from the area you are travelling to. I believe it's Spanglishqueen, and I think she's from just nextdoor in New Hampshire, you should talk to her, she might be able to help.

You should visit the Bangor/Searsport Maine area one of these days. (I Could use a little company!)

Rob

If Maine and Vermont were closer I would definately come swing around on the way and hang out. :yes: I've always wanted to see what it's like up there.

lucky7
10-23-2009, 01:20 PM
MMMMMM, sounds so NICE Sandy!!!! BE careful though! DONT talk to strangers and keep your eyes on the lookout at all times! Seriously! Pay attention to your WOMANS INTUITION hun!!!! Gosh, am i a mom or what! LOL MY daughter just rolled her eyes at me when she read this! LOL Hey, better SAFE than SORRY!:yes:

SandyR
10-24-2009, 09:56 PM
No worries, Jeannette! Concern is just another name for love. Love you too! :D

Addition to itinery: I decided to stop and see a friend in Utica so now I am going to Utica on Sat and then to Burlington.

lucky7
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
THATS RIGHT SANDY!!!!!! FEEL THE LOVE!!!!!:cute:

Spanglishqueen
10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Hiya Sandy! Sorry so late to respond I haven't been reading too many posts lately. Unfortunately I live closer to the MA border than the VT border but on your way up I think you'll pass the White Mountain region or mountainous areas. Check out some of the mountain trails and scenic choo-choo rides perfect while the leaf peeping is still okay. As you get further north tho you may hit some snow so CAREFUL have a SAFE and WONDERFUL trip.

SandyR
10-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Brenda,

How are you? I was wondering where you have been lately. I hope all is ok?

I am coming down the MA/NH border on the way to PA and will definately check out some trails if it isn't bad weather. I have been saying for weeks that it is going to snow when I go b/c that's just the kind of luck I have. Guess it will be nice to see the snow on the mountains, but I wish it didn't have to be so cold to see that. :)

Sandy

BonusMom
10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
You're on the other side of the country, so I can't help you. Be safe and enjoy the drive!