PDA

View Full Version : Ran Out of Pain Meds

DrinkofWtr
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I ran out of pain medication for a week and felt terrible all week long. My Dr. has this rule that you have to see him for him to write you a prescription for painkiller. So you have to see him before you run out. Of course, if you run out like I did a week before the appointment you can't get in to see him because he is "booked" up, and I never know from day to day how many pain pills I will need for the day (from one to three).

The solution to this dilemma I have found out is to make an appointment once a month for sure. That way I'll always have enough pain medicine, as he gives me 90 pills total when I see him.

I should have figured this all out before, but just didn't think about it until I ran out. Isn't that typical? It is for me.

kim,l
10-21-2009, 03:24 PM
dear drink of wtr sorry to here you ran out of meds i am lucky i suppose in that regard we have a pharmacy in the doctors surgery and i keep all my prescriptions there and if i run out he just gets my doctor to give him another one and he delivers it. surely in circumstances when your in such pain couldn,t the doctor just write you script seems a bit harsh if they don,t go through it they just do not understand how much pain we get please feel better soon hugs kim l

mountaindreamer
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
hi drink.......oh, i am so glad that you found a solution for that problem, running out of pain meds is not an option. I have to go to my drs. office and get an original prescription, but i don't have to see her. The nurse writes me on, and i go to the pharmacy. They have had to get so strict with narcotics distribution, and we are the ones paying for it. So glad you got through the week, i know that had to be really tough.

DrinkofWtr
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Mountaindreamer, he did mention something about a policy at the clinic regarding narcotics and that is why I have to see him before I can get a pain prescription filled.

debbie-b
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I know how you feel. When I went on my vacation, I knew that my Ambien would run out four days before returning home. I had asked the pharmacist if he could give me four extra pills, he daid he couldn't, but I can get a refill at any Walgreens. Wellllllllllll, the Walgreens in Dallas told me, that NY State will not transfer Narcotics out of State. Needless to say, I did not sleep for four days. I was ticked off. Next time I know better.

Debbie

SandyR
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
oh DoW I am sorry to hear that you are feeling pained. I wish I could offer you a solution, but it sounds like you have one for the future.

lucky7
10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Its our LOOPIE MINDS Drinkofwtr!!!! :wacko: Ive been there as well my friend!:huh: