PDA

View Full Version : What are you ort was your favorite halloween costume

Spanglishqueen
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I went to a party this weekend as a Vampire

Tons of fun. Please share your costume or your favorite childhood costume.

rob
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I used to dress up as a teenage troublemaker who is running from the police because they just saw you egging the principals house.

BonusMom
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I used to dress up as a teenage troublemaker who is running from the police because they just saw you egging the principals house.

Somehow I think there's a whole lot of truth behind that "costume," Rob.

I'll have to dig out a photo of one of mine....

magistramarla
10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
We'll be going to the NPS party at the bar in Herrmann Hall, called the Trident Room. The party is next Thursday night, and it's called "Terror in the Trident Room". I've already been on a "ghost walk" in Herrmann Hall, and it is supposedly haunted by many ghosts, including Admiral Herrmann himself, who committed suicide there after he had established the school.
Jeff will be Julius Caesar and I will be his wife, Calpurnia. I know that the big thing is to be his lover, Cleopatra, but I look more like a proper Roman matron. Besides, I already own a stola and palas and I speak Latin!
On Saturday evening, I'm going to sit outside on our patio with my witch's hat and hand out the candy from a cauldron while cackling. I'm going to try to get Jeff to rig up some dry ice to make the cauldron "steam". I've ordered a decoration that is a motion-activated witch that will also cackle. Our little front yard looks very spooky, with a huge pine tree that is covered in hanging Spanish moss. I should be able to give the little kiddies quite a fright!
I do so enjoy Halloween!
Marla

magistramarla
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Rob,
I know your type! In fact, I taught way too many of them. Too smart for their own good!
Marla

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-20-2009, 05:25 AM
:laugh: OMG WOW i love this thread fanatastic !!!!!!!!

you might have noticed i loooooovvvvvveeee dressing up

last halloween i was little red riding hood with sweeties in my basket for naughtly little boys!! ( just like you rob! ;-) )

then valentines just gone my local pub had a tarts and vicars party so i went as a sexy nun!!

and for my 30th birthday just over amonth ago i had a wild west party and i went as a saloon girl!!

and so this halloween pub is having another party and as it is uk lupus awareness month i am going as a sexy witch in a purple and black costume!!

well i'll add a few of my costumes i've worn soo far!!

oh add i've add my 80's outfit to celebrate my local pubs 25th annversary of being open but i deffo think thats it i wouldn't want to bore you i have so many!!! but will add one of this years one as when i get a pic!!!

look forward to seeing others!!

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
OOOO LA LA GIRLS!!!!! You are some SEXY hot women!!!!!! :panting::smileeek::valentine:

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Isnt HALLOWEEN FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!:newangel:

SandyR
10-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I was supposed to go to a party with a friend last year, but she was sick so I am going to recycle that costume for the party this year and go as a Vestal Virgin.

PS - I hope the attachment worked.

magistramarla
10-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi Sandy,
I LOVE the vestal virgin costume. I'm not the only one with a Roman theme!
Marla

SandyR
10-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Sandy,
I LOVE the vestal virgin costume. I'm not the only one with a Roman theme!
Marla

somehow I knew you would get it. ;) The only question is, should I add a chasity belt or no?

rob
10-21-2009, 01:11 AM
I was supposed to go to a party with a friend last year, but she was sick so I am going to recycle that costume for the party this year and go as a Vestal Virgin.

PS - I hope the attachment worked.

That's pretty funny! Of course, being a guy, my first thought was of John Belushi yelling "Toga! Toga!".

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-21-2009, 03:42 AM
hay sandy lvong the roman theme costume you look fab!! love of dressing runs in our family and my sister has done the roman one, and rob my mums told me of a many of toga parties she went to in the 80's and lets just say they try to stay to the true meaning of it!! bit like the scotish and the quilt but i'll leave at that as its a day time thread ;-) lol x

Tamy
10-21-2009, 04:25 AM
You guys are so lucky. We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, but it seems like so much fun. It's not a big thing here, you might get a few kid's trick or treating, but they don't even make the effort to dress up. I've never even seen a house decorated with a Halloween theme here in Melbourne. Come to think of it...I don't even think Halloween is marked on our calender. Sounds like we're missing out on a whole heap of fun. It would be a good excuse to dress up, and scare those kid's who keep riding their bikes on my front lawn :laugh:

magistramarla
10-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Sandy,
It looks great just the way it is! In Rome, the Vestal Virgins weren't touched,even without such a thing as chastity belts. I think that the men were way too scared! If a vestal was convicted of being unchaste, she would be buried alive, and her "partner in crime" would be thrown into the Tibur in a large sack, along with a dog, a rooster and a venomous snake in the sack.
Sorry, all this Roman info just comes pouring out of my head!
Rob and others,
I've been to a few college toga parties in the '70s that just might make you blush! There was this concoction called passion punch that contained at least 7 forms of alcohol.....
There was also this one young lady who never wore anything under her "toga" and usually lost at least part of it while dancing... (Not me - Jeff and I were already married and baby #1 was on the way by that time - we were amused observers).
Marla

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-21-2009, 01:28 PM
"There was also this one young lady who never wore anything under her "toga" and usually lost at least part of it while dancing... (Not me - Jeff and I were already married and baby #1 was on the way by that time - we were amused observers)."
hmmm marla was it late 70's i was born 79 in gorgia and think me mum lived in usa for few year before that!! :-) hehe lol
and tammi thou they celbrate over here in uk its nothing like iremember celbrating it in the usa!!
as a child i remember gonig to school in our costumes each class would walk around the rest and show everyone, then after school mum would pick us up and we would walked round local shops who we be handing out thing like little pads and pens as well as sweetssome one even have compitions i got pic some where will have to fish out will give you all a giggle!! then after dinner we would only go knock at friends and families houses (who would always have great decs! then get home and see what we all got and do swapsies then mum would over half it off us freezing the chocolate so we did eat it all at once!
most of the time now if thier over the age of 8 i would say you will be lucky if the got mask on or thier hoddys up!! i actually better to go out to a party and not be at home if looks like your not home your less likely to be egged or floured or both!! thou uk parties are getting better!!

dsunshine
10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I am not big on costumes or dressing up BUT this year I was invited to a halloween party so I have been wrecking my brain trying to figure out what I can wear and be comfortable, not wear a mask, and be warm...SOLUTION I am going as a bar fly...just the wings and a fly hat!!! I will post pictures once I go on the 31st

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
well this thread has got me that nosalgic ( hope thats spelt right!) that i have gone straight to my mums photos which i have here at the house and i found to very nosalgic photos!!
one is that my mum says would have been my first halloween in gorgia usa i'm in the pushchair wrap in white sheet to look like a ghost!
and the other is my most vivid memory of halloween in the states and of halloween as a child and if you can't guess it i'm the clown!!! lol

magistramarla
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Heidi,
I love the pics. Yes, the kids here in the US do make a big thing of Halloween. Even the teen-agers in the high school in which I taught would dress up and have a great time. One year, I put on my Roman stola and palas with a witch's hat and taught my classes. That had them roaring with laughter!
Yes, it was the late 70's, in St. Louis, Mo. My first daughter was born in '77. I graduated from college on her first birthday in '78. My hubby added an extra degree, so he graduated in '79, a couple of weeks before our second daughter was born. Those were exciting times.
You must be the same age as my Hillary. Just think, I'm old enough to be your mum!
Marla

rob
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Rob and others,
I've been to a few college toga parties in the '70s that just might make you blush! There was this concoction called passion punch that contained at least 7 forms of alcohol.....
There was also this one young lady who never wore anything under her "toga" and usually lost at least part of it while dancing... (Not me - Jeff and I were already married and baby #1 was on the way by that time - we were amused observers).
Marla

Growing up in, and going to college in the 80's, the Toga party was still the big thing to do at USM. We had a large tub with a concoction known as jungle juice, and it had all sorts of different kinds of alcohol in it. Mixed it up in a big metal washtub and stirred it with a huge wooden spoon.

Had a tape made up with our favorite party tunes, Louie Louie, I Drink Alone, a bunch of Stevie Ray Vaugn, just pop it in the player, and let it run all night. Those were some fun times. And I think the "clothing optional" party girl is a national phenomenon or something, as every wild party seems to have one!

I remember the year I graduated from high school, a bunch of us had a halloween party at a friends cabin at a local lake. My friend, Andy, was a big time practical joker. He goes missing for about an hour, and everyone is wondering where he went. I mentioned that there had been some crazy logger who went nuts and killed a bunch of people with his chainsaw, and I hoped that Andy didn't run into him. Everyone is pretty well sauced at this point, so they buy my story. Next thing you know, there's a guy running through the front door wearing a hockey mask with a chainsaw roaring at full throttle!

People were jumping out of windows and running for their lives. The guy in the hockey mask turns off the saw, grabs a beer and sits down on the couch. It's Andy, the chainsaw has no chain, and we just laughed our butts off the rest of the night over our little prank. Great times.

SandyR
10-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I remember the year I graduated from high school, a bunch of us had a halloween party at a friends cabin at a local lake. My friend, Andy, was a big time practical joker. He goes missing for about an hour, and everyone is wondering where he went. I mentioned that there had been some crazy logger who went nuts and killed a bunch of people with his chainsaw, and I hoped that Andy didn't run into him. Everyone is pretty well sauced at this point, so they buy my story. Next thing you know, there's a guy running through the front door wearing a hockey mask with a chainsaw roaring at full throttle!

People were jumping out of windows and running for their lives. The guy in the hockey mask turns off the saw, grabs a beer and sits down on the couch. It's Andy, the chainsaw has no chain, and we just laughed our butts off the rest of the night over our little prank. Great times.

What an awesome prank! I love jokes. It sounds like you and Andy had some good times together.

You forgot to list a couple of important Halloween songs - Purple People Eater and Wooly Bully popped right into my head since they only seem to be aired this time of year.

Did either of you ever see the movie Shag? They have a tub filled with alchohol mix that they called Purple Jesus. I always think of that when it comes to party punches. LOL!

Too funny too with the John Belushi reference. I think of History of the World Part 1.

Marla - Good to know about the live burial! I will make sure not to let anyone think differently of my chasity status b/c I think being buried alive would be a horrible way to die! Plus, it saves me the time of figuring out how to rig together a chasity belt!

Heidi - I love your old pics. I will see if I can't scrounge some up. Have to get that scanner hooked to the laptop too.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-22-2009, 03:27 AM
marla yer i was 30 on the 8th of september my photos are up on fb but will put them up on my profile on here as well!! soo yer you could be my mum! but more like a groovey interent auntie :-)
rob loving the story and prank unfortunately we moved back from usa in 89 just after i turned 10 i never got to the halloween thing as i got older in the usa my dad when was alive use to tell me stories of him and his friends putting together halloween parties in brevard county florida where he live used charge money for tickets and the were huge!
sandy i look forward to your photos i got the nostalgic i got other child hood photo out to thier already on fb put will put them on my profile pic here as well!

rob
10-22-2009, 08:59 AM
My parents asked me to come over to their house to help on Halloween. So I'm going over there for the evening. It gets busy in their part of town. They live near Stephen King, and his house is a big attraction on Halloween night. It's a spooky place in the daytime, at night with all the stuff he puts on display in the yard for the occasion, it's really creepy. Cool stuff. I'll take some pics.

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
My parents asked me to come over to their house to help on Halloween. So I'm going over there for the evening. It gets busy in their part of town. They live near Stephen King, and his house is a big attraction on Halloween night. It's a spooky place in the daytime, at night with all the stuff he puts on display in the yard for the occasion, it's really creepy. Cool stuff. I'll take some pics.

Rob

ahh cool rob look forward to seeing them!!

SandyR
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
My plans fell through. Now I am a Vestal Virgin with no party. :hissyfit: Maybe I will go to the Halloween parade...

magistramarla
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Sandy,
Come on over to the thread Saysusie on Vacation. While she's away, we're having a fantasy Halloween party. So far, we've got chocolate, belly dancers and The Chippendales!
Marla

Spanglishqueen
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Isn't Halloween fun. Love all the stories and fun memories I stirred up. Rob I think some cops may now be looking for you based on all your stories :laugh: Here's my costume several hours later and several beers later. They called me Count Porcula :)

Samo
10-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Favorite costume...i love Wednesday Addams. Tried to attach a pic, hope it works!

My plan is to go to a thrift store, pickup a black dress and attach the white collar and arm things. We'll see how it goes :nah:

lucky7
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
OMG Rob!!!! HOW COOL is THAT!!!!! I LOVE HIS BOOKS AND MOVIES! I jsut might ask your parents if I can come and help out as well!!! LOL:yes:

SandyR
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
My brother's gf scanned in some old pics for me today.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
My brother's gf scanned in some old pics for me today.

ahhh sandy you look adorable isn't remenising just great!!

Spanglishqueen
10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Such a cute bunny :cute:

SandyR
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
thanks guys! :yes:

lucky7
10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
OMG! Now who could deny THAT CUTE BUNNY a carrot!!!!! :cute:

Spanglishqueen
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Hope everyone had a festive Halloween. THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Hay hope everyone had great halloween thought i would share some photos of my halloween xx some are at normas ( stoney) with jane (isdm) and another friend, the other are the party in my local pub including picture of the leader singer of the band that was playing and myself with another customer x

ooohh and picture of the pumkin i carved for the pub x

so look forward to seeing yours xx

iseedeadmonkeys
11-01-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL

Who be thaty sexy dragon then?

ISDM

justomegirlindallas
11-01-2009, 10:51 AM
I was queen amidala, my son was anakin skywalker, and my husband was Boba Fett

tiggerlishus - Heidi
11-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I was queen amidala, my son was anakin skywalker, and my husband was Boba Fett

aaahhhhh how cool love the costumes!!!! did you have aprty you went to or just trick 'a' treating??