PDA

View Full Version : Saysusie on Vacation 'til November 8th

Saysusie
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Hello Family;
I will be on vacation from 10/21 until 11/8. Our moderator, Rob, will be in charge while I am away and I've asked our administrator, Conrad, to pop in to help Rob out.
I am sending hugs, kisses and much love to all of you!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

jfal
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
So, where are you going? I can't stand suspense...

rob
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
As usual, I'll mind the store and keep the party to a dull roar while you are away!

Enjoy your vacation,

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
enjoy your hols !!!! don't worry we're be gentle with rob lol x

magistramarla
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi SaySusie,
I hope that this is a fun vacation, not a working vacation. Enjoy!
Marla

BonusMom
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
As usual, I'll mind the store and keep the party to a dull roar while you are away!

Party pooper!

Enjoy your well deserved vacation, Saysusie!

rob
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Party pooper!

Enjoy your well deserved vacation, Saysusie!

Shhh, we have to keep up appearances until she's gone, then we break out the margarita dispenser and the belly dancers.

BonusMom
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
On the rocks, with no salt please. As to the belly dancers, they're all yours Rob!

debbie-b
10-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Enjoy your vacation, we promise to be good.:yes:
Ok guys, the party starts on the 21 st.

Debbie

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
AWWWW~ ENJOY IT SAYSUSIE!!!!!!! GOING TO MISS YOU THOUGH!!!!!!:hissyfit:

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:15 PM
LOL Debbie! The party starts on the 21st! :laugh: FUNNY! Youre too cute!

mountaindreamer
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
oh, no, i remember the last time saysusie took a vacation.....let's see, i think we had beach parties with both male and female entertainment, plenty to drink, and lots of incredible food.....and we had the party at night so that the sun did not make us sick......wonder what we will get into this time.........saysusie, have a wonderful vacation, i hope you see and do everything that is on your wish list.

SandyR
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Did someone say Margeritas??? I'll volunteer my blender. LOL! Are you talking about our fantasy beach party, Phyllis? That was funny.
Saysusie - I hope you have a great time on your vacation.

magistramarla
10-20-2009, 07:16 PM
It's Halloween, so how about a fantasy Halloween party?
Marla

wrightrs
10-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Have a great trip. Hugs & Kisses to you also !!!!

:thumbs-up::raspberry1::9::smilecolros:

Angel Oliver
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Have a fab holiday you'll be missed and enjoy your birthday too!!

(Im bringing Southern Comfort,chocolate and treacle toffee for the party :) xxxxx

lucky7
10-22-2009, 07:13 AM
LOL PHYLLIS!!!! Thats too funny AND FUN sounding!!!:laugh::yes:

mountaindreamer
10-22-2009, 06:14 PM
oooooooh, yeah, let's plan our fantasy halloween party......mmmmm i think we need lots of chocolate, with some strawberries, and some wine........lots of dry ice and a full moon, and we are off to a good start.

rob
10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
oooooooh, yeah, let's plan our fantasy halloween party......mmmmm i think we need lots of chocolate, with some strawberries, and some wine........lots of dry ice and a full moon, and we are off to a good start.

You can have all you want, just make sure my belly dancers show up!

magistramarla
10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
If he gets belly dancers, then I get the Chippendale dancers!
Marla

lucky7
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds SCRUMPTIOUS Phyllis!!!!!! LOL Rob!!!! Good idea Marla!!! LOL:-):1244: This is the BEST i could do for a Chipendale dancer! LOL Hey, i got the naked part right though! LOL

SandyR
10-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Marla -

I'm back! Ran to the store to pick up some ice and chips and dips and such. Wooooooohhhh! Where did all these half nakey dancers come from and why didn't you call my cell and tell me to bring back singles for the chipendaler's? Amanda, would you pass me one of those chocolates, hun? And a napkin to wipe the drool off my chin. ;) I wish I knew how to belly dance like that!

beautifulbeluga
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Saysusie:

Wishing you a wonderful vacation, hope you have included in you plans lots of fun, I would have said "fun in the sun" but you know what kind of trouble that gets us in. Stay well and looking forward seeing you back on the board.

magistramarla
10-28-2009, 05:45 PM
We need to stir up a little more trouble with this party while SaySusie (the adult) is gone. How about thinking about the drinks that we would serve? That "passion punch" that Rob and I both remember from college might be good.
Nowadays I prefer a White Russian. My daughter came home from college once and made a "Cal Tech Bomb" that knocked me flat. It was 1 part Kahlua, 2 parts Goldschlager and 3 parts Baileys. Tastes delicious, then knocks you out!
That's it - The Cal Tech Bomb for our party.
Anybody else have any other delicious concoctions?
Cheers!
Marla

BonusMom
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Your drink selection sounds fab, Marla! As much as I enjoy an occasional cocktail, my tummy just can't handle much in the alcohol department these days :( it's weird, but wine is worse for my digestion than, say, tequila.....line up the shots!

SandyR
10-29-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm pass on the creamy drinks, my lactose intolerant self doesn't agree with them, but I'm whipping up margeritas as I sip on a patron and pineapple starter. Maybe I should make some pineapple margeritas!

magistramarla
11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey guys,
Halloween is over, but we really should cause some more trouble before the grown-up gets back! Any good ideas out there?
Marla

BonusMom
11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Hate to be a party pooper, but I think I consumed too many margaritas and candy on Halloween :sick: But, I'll run the blender for y'all!

magistramarla
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I just got home from a chili cook-off. I tasted a lot of chili and drank a bit of wine, so I'm feeling pretty good. My tummy will probably complain about it later tonight, but at least I had fun doing it.
Marla

BonusMom
11-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Chili + wine equals one guaranteed upset tummy for this girl! Better take a Pepcid now so you won't be up late tonight :)

Saysusie
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh My Goodness..another wild party with some scrumptious sounding drinks. Well, I am glad to hear that you all partied 'cuz I certainly partied by arse off.
I've posted some pictures from our Panama Canal cruise. As I was the picture taker, there are not many pics of me. But, it was an absolutely wonderful vacation and I only had a few down days (thank goodness).

I hope that you are all recovered from the parties and that you are all doing as well as can be.

Sending you all my love and my thanx for your well wishes!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
how wonderful, a panama canal cruise. Did you have any trouble with sleeping on the ship. I am supposed to go on an alaskan cruise in June, and i am nervous about being able to sleep. Hard beds are just not my friends.
Welcome home, so glad you are back. we missed you.

magistramarla
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow, Saysusie!
That looked like a really great vacation. It was your birthday, too, wasn't it? My grandson would be very jealous of some of the up-close animal pictures that you got - especially of the crocodiles.
I'm so glad that you had so much fun, and you look so rested.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
hi saysusie, thanks for sharing the pics of your show. looks like a ton of fun and work, and you look beautiful. Love the pics of your cruise....no surprise that you won the hoola hoop contest....did you get a trophy?

Saysusie
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Mountaindreamer;
Actually, for me, sleeping on a ship is the best sleep in the world. The gentle motion of the ship and the sound of the ocean literally knocks me out. I did not take my sleeping pills once during the entire cruise.
I did have a few sick days (mostly Fibromyalgia pain), but even those days were ok. I stayed in the stateroom with the patio door open and, once again, the movement of the ship and the sound of the ocean soothed me. I laid in bed & watched movies or the video of the previous day's activities on board, I did room service for all of my meals and they brought me hot tea twice per day (room service is free on a cruise). So, being sick on a cruise ship was still a great experience. Our bed was not really hard, nor was it really soft..actually our bed was quite comfortable. My hubby is very particular about the bed he sleeps in and he said that he was comfortable also. We always have to get a suite because he is 6'7" and needs a large king sized bed. I'm not sure if the beds in the suites are the same as in regular staterooms, however. But I imagine they would be the same quality, just smaller. When booking, you can ask about the beds and ask what accommodations they will make for you (they will accommodate almost anything you need).
I did not get a trophy for winning the hula hoop contest, I got a bottle of champagne that we shared with our table mates at dinner. Our table mates were from England and they were so much fun. We shared information about our different cultures and they became good friends!

Magistramarla;
Yes, we celebrated my birthday onboard the ship. The crew put balloons on our door and sent me a bottle of champagne (that seemed to be the reward for everything on the ship). It was also a blast to have Halloween on the ship. The pumpkin carvings were unbelievable, the costume parade has hilarious and the halloween party was a really jumping!!

Thank you both!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
which cruise line did you take? Your pics look like you had a fabuluos time. And I agree - I think I would rather be sick on a cruise then anywhere else because of the way they treat you there. :)

BonusMom
11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
We missed you Saysusie, but the margaritas were flowin' in your absence! So glad you had a fabulous time cruisin around. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pix.

mountaindreamer
11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
thanks saysusie, I will definitely speak with the travel director. That is an excellent suggestion. Yes, the gentle sway of the ship and the sounds that go with it would be very soothing. Glad you did not have too much trouble, and that the crew were so kind.

Saysusie
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
SandyR: We were on Princess cruise line for this trip. My most recommended cruise lines are as follows, in favorite order : 1) Royal Caribbean 2) Princess 3) NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line

We've had bad experiences with Carnival and Celebrity.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
11-23-2009, 08:58 AM
BonusMom;
I'm glad to hear that you all were having a great time. Please know that the margarita's were flowing aboard the ship also (lol). Actually, I'm not much of a drinker, so I did a lot of "Virgin" drinks. :wacko:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Mountaindreamer;
Yes, do contact them. You'd be surprised what they are willing to do for you. I had thyroid cancer surgery and had to go on an iodine-free diet for 6 weeks each year. One of our cruises was scheduled during that six week period.
This is a very difficult diet because there is iodine in almost everything that we eat! However, I found a diet book with recipes online. I sent a copy of the recipes to the cruise line several weeks before our departure with an explanation. During that entire cruise, the chef prepared special meals for me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At one point, he came out to our table to ask how I had been enjoying the meals (he did a fabulous job, all of his preparations were delicious!). He said that he really enjoyed the challenge of inventing meals that were good tasting and had a good presentation and he loved being able to surprise me at each meal! He even figured out how to make some wonderful tasting iodine-free deserts.
The other members at our table even started getting jealous of some of my meals (in jest, of course). I was so impressed that they went through all of this trouble to make sure that I enjoyed wonderful cuisine like everyone else.
Anyway...they will accommodate you in any way they can. Just ask!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
SandyR: We were on Princess cruise line for this trip. My most recommended cruise lines are as follows, in favorite order : 1) Royal Caribbean 2) Princess 3) NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line

We've had bad experiences with Carnival and Celebrity.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I've only tried Royal, but with the way they treated me, I think I would feel disloyal trying anyone else. I'm told I've been spoiled for all other cruiselines.

Saysusie
11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I truly understand. They have a brand new ship "Oaisis of the Seas" that has an area where you can actually surf! It is huge. There is even a bigger ship (over 6k passengers) set to be launched in 2010.
I'm with you, it is my favorite cruise line! :yes:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I saw a preview of that on the boat I was on, and funny you should mention it now b/c I also just got an email about it too. I wish I could book it right now!!!!!

mountaindreamer
11-25-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks saysusie,

I have already put a call in to the travel agent....i feel much better about the trip. I was really worried about special accommadations, but not any longer. thanks again.

Saysusie
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
SandyR; I'm with you! I mentioned the new ship to my husband and he gave me that "Are You Out Of Your Mind..We Just Got Off Of A Ship!" look :yes:
Guess I better wait a couple of years!!

Mountaindreamer: I hope that you have a fabulous cruise! And never be afraid to ask..,you will often be surprised at how many times you hear "yes"

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie