PDA

View Full Version : Rash

Katalanta
08-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi All,

I don't think of myself as a particularly vain person, but this rash on my face is becoming a real issue for me. The group of guys I work with has been really good about protecting me from outside reactions - but we had a meeting in-office yesterday and every single person who came through the door either gasped or flinched.

Is there anything I can do to lessen the shock people get when they see me face? I'm thinking along the lines of oatmeal facial, specific types of makeup that won't make it worse, or just jump on my left foot 3 times wearing a grass skirt and shaking a rattle...

SoleSinger
08-21-2005, 01:35 AM
You should probably also wear a bikini top... Just wearing the grass skirt might get you into trouble...

Sorry... Couldn't resist...

I wear Neutrogena skin clearing make-up... I'm not sure if it HELPS at all, (it WAS helping my acne when I had it though) but it doesn't seem to be making it worse... Though, I don't have the "butterfly rash" mine is just red bumps on the bottom half of my cheeks and down my neck to my upper chest... So, I don't know... But, MAYBE?

Let me know!!

Katalanta
08-21-2005, 07:48 AM
OK! Something to try!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYYYYY!!! And I've got acen as well - which hasn't gone away with the butterfly - it's just turned into yellow oozing splotches.

I am not amused.

But it does make the make-up hopefully doubly helpful!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoleSinger
08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Soooooo?????? Did you get it? Have you tried it? Did it cover it? Did it make it better or worse??????

Huh? Huh? Huh??????????????

Just curious!

Katalanta
08-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Had to go back to the doc for a shot of steroids. BAH!

He asked me to hold off on changing makeup, etc. to see if the evil cleared just from that. If it's not starting to improve by Saturday, he's sending me to yet another doctor.

On the other hand, I think the shot may be working. At least today it's no worse than yesterday, and that's the first time I can say that in weeks.

hatlady
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
:) I think the grass skirt (with bikini top) is a good idea...

When I got an ugly rash, it turned out to be rosacea, so it might not be the lupus, who knows!

One thing that might be soothing now? Alo vera gel. I use both that and (diluted) tea tree oil, they seem to help.

hugs and good luck!