PDA

View Full Version : saying good bye is so hard

debbie-b
10-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi everybody,

I am back. We flew to Texas,to stay 4 days with my older daughter and the grandkids in Houston, drove to Dallas to stay with my younger daughter and her kids for 4 days and flew back from Dallas tonight. We had a great time, but saying good bye is so very hard. The girls cried, I cried and then the grandkids cried. It was pretty bad.
Does anybody else have to go through this? It really hurts, when you can't live close to your kids.

Debbie

magistramarla
10-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Debbie,
Oh yes, I definitely know what you mean!
We recently moved to California, and our kids and grandkids are all across the country.
Heather is in NYC. (no kids)
Hillary is in San Antonio with our 10 yr. old grandson.
Tom is in Houston. (no kids)
Kayla is in Denver with our 4 yr. old grandson.
Meghan is in Little Rock and our new grandson is due Jan. 2. Her hubby is an airman, so they will move on from there in a couple of years
It was especially hard for me to move away from David, the one in SA. He's been Grandma and Grandpa's little shadow since he was born. He's always spent every summer hanging out with me. We call him "the little professor" because he acts so much like his Grandpa. He is already making plans to fly out to Ca next summer so that he can hang out with us. He wants to be an animal conservationist, so he's looking forward to the Monterey Aquarium and the beaches.
We just booked our tickets to Little Rock AFB to go meet the new baby when he is born, and we'll have to visit Denver at some time to see Kyle.
The nice thing about it is that it gives us some great places to vacation! If Meg and Tyler ever get stationed in Germany, we'll have a great reason to visit Europe. The bad thing about is that we just don't get as much quality time with the grandchildren as we'd like.
Marla

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
hi debbie, i hope you are feeling better today. I moved close to my grandchildren when my daughter got sick a couple of years ago, and i just can't imagine how sad it would be to see them only occassionally. Have you thought about getting a "web cam" (or whatever they are called). My cousin has one and visits with her grandson every day.

debbie-b
10-19-2009, 08:52 AM
hi debbie, i hope you are feeling better today. I moved close to my grandchildren when my daughter got sick a couple of years ago, and i just can't imagine how sad it would be to see them only occassionally. Have you thought about getting a "web cam" (or whatever they are called). My cousin has one and visits with her grandson every day.

I have a web cam, my oldest daughter has one and we see each other almost daily, but my younger daughters pc broke and she does not have one at the moment, but will buy one as soon as possible. You are so right, the web cam helps alot. I can even see my family in Germany with the web cam.

Debbie

lucky7
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
AWWWW, im thinking of YOU Debbie:cute: I ahve 2 kids,one in high school and one in college, and i can only imagine right now how its going to feel if they move somewhere else.:hissyfit: You are in my HEART:heart: