PDA

View Full Version : Operation is Over

DrinkofWtr
10-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Well my boyfriend's operation on his one hand is over. The operation itself went smoothly, but not after it. First, the pharmacy would not let him get his pain medication. They said his case was closed. The first case was closed, but not his current one. We finally found some card the Workers Compensation people said they mailed us and finally got the pain medication. Then the ice machine that was supposed to plug into his arm didn't seem to be working. Someone finally came out to the apartment and checked it and indeed it was working, but we couldn't tell we are not Drs. or nurses. Just trying to get someone who could help us was a bureaucratic nightmare! Well looks like the cast is on for at least a week maybe more time even than that. I don't know and I didn't ask. Maybe I should have asked, but I didn't.

Even when this hand is all said and done, it looks like we have the other hand to look forward to doing this all over again with.

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 06:22 AM
hi drinkofwtr,i hope your boyfriend is feeling better after a few days of recovery. Ugh, now you have another hand to deal with, oh well, this time you will know what to expect. Just know that i am thinking of you, and i hope you are taking care of yourself during this time.

Saysusie
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I do hope that his hand heals and that things do not continue to be so difficult! Another surgery to look forward to:nah:. But, this time, you and he will both know what to expect and perhaps things will go a bit smoother.
Thinking of you both.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
10-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Well a few days ago my boyfriend had his stitches removed, but the stitches were taken out too early and part of the wound separated. So now he has to go back and be stitched up again Monday and go thru this again.