PDA

View Full Version : Confusion

ritzbit
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
My friend thinks that I need to tell my doctor that I've been really confused lately. Like I keep getting my right and left confused. I really have to think about it or I think my right is my left and my left is my right. And Im having trouble staying focused when Im trying to read things. And yet I have like 4 songs playing in my head all the time that I havent heard in years. And I just kind of have a headache lol I dont know if I should be more concerned. Thoughts?

rob
10-16-2009, 01:07 PM
It sounds like a case of Cognitive Dysfunction (brain fog). I have it most days. And it's odd, like you, I also get songs or lines of poetry that seem to play in my mind like a broken record alot. I forget or mix up very simple things like left/right, I get lost in a town that I have lived in for years, and I even forget how to shift the pickup truck I've been driving for twenty plus years now. The best way I can describe it is a lack of mental focus.

Bottom line, brain fog is a very common symptom caused by Lupus. If it concerns you, and is giving you problems, definitely tell your Dr. about it.

Rob

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey Rizbit...Like Rob...I also have days that I have right/left problems and other like how to cook or turn on the oven...etc...Brain Fog...you might want to tell the doc just so he is on top of it...

ritzbit
10-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I just went to my doctor like a week ago though. It started a few days after I left so I dont want to already be calling up there about something. I dunno. Its just bothersome

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Don't worry about bothering the Doctor...that's what he is there for...He gets the big bucks so make him earn it...:)
I have a tendency to feel bad about calling but if it is concerning you, then call and get it checked out....

ritzbit
10-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I dunno. Its only really a problem when Im driving. becuz when someone says get in the right lane or turn left and you do the wrong way its kinda a problem

SandyR
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Ribitz,
that's really a big kind of problem. You're no longer talking about something that affects just you, but everyone in the car or around your car at the time you are driving.

sick_n_tired is right, it's the doctor's job to be there when you need them and that's what they get paid the big bucks to do. Just call, you'll feel better once you do.

BTW- I also get the music earworm thing going on too when I am foggy. Wierd, cause I always just thought it was me being weird.
Sandy

justomegirlindallas
10-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Provigil kicks ass!

jennyjo
10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Ritzbit,
It does sound like brain fog.. definately mention it to your doc so that they have an idea as to what is going on. Better to notify them, then to not. Half the time I can barely remember where I left my cell phone; most of time it's in the pantry and one time in the trash bin! Good luck..

Jennifer

ritzbit
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I dunno. I think it might just go away. It hasnt been as bad the past few days.

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 07:29 AM
hi ritzbit, i hope you are feeling better today. I have found that my brain fog is worse when i am in a flare. So, maybe it will subside as you feel better. However, whenever i realize that my mind is not working very well, i do let others drive me around. When brain fog is really strong, i let myself accept the help of others. I don't feel safe when i get confused while driving. You can certainly call the dr., and they can do an MRI. I had all of this done, and i guess i feel better being told that it is the lupus. Nothing serious going on, just typical lupus stuff. I do believe it is important to keep our drs. up to date on what is going on, so even though you were just there a couple of weeks ago, if you call the dr. then they can put the info into your records.

ritzbit
10-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I just dont have time to worry about this stuff too. Along with school and work and other things I just cant have feeling crappy on top of that. Does that sound bad? I dont want to worry about myself like physically. I like to pretend that everything is fine and that I dont really need to worry about anything like that. I shouldnt have to

kim,l
10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
dear ritzbit its sounds like you have got alot on your plate at the moment i know i have left the stove on after cooking and went to bed or shopping luckily the house has not burn,t down i also have tunes that play in my head when i was first diagnosed i forgot my kids names i have walked out in front of cars because my mind just went blank i not only put myself at risk but also the person who was driving. i know its hard to ask for help and nobody wants to running to there doctor for everything but how worse would you feel if when you were driving you hit somebody else and seriously injured them or yourself .please ask for help get someone to drive you or take public transport just until you get this sorted. i will be thinking of you hope you feel better soon hugs kim l