PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in hospital

Tamy
10-16-2009, 03:26 AM
Hey guys
I'm just trying to catch up on all the posts i've missed out on. Sunday night I began feeling really sick, vomiting, coughing, a massive pain in my back, and very out of breath. My husband drove me into hospital, to the E.R and it turned out I had a bad case of pneumonia. Only got released today. They had to wait on bloods to come back, to make sure it was only pneumonia and nothing else. They scared me into thinking I may have had tuberculosis, but thankfully the test was clear. I'm getting better now, still coughing, and a little out of breath, but much better than how I was feeling 4 days ago. Doctor said it may take up to 3 weeks to feel 100% again. So, if i'm not around too much, that's the reason why. Just wanted to let you all know, so you know I haven't forgotten about my new found friends. Hope your all doing well, and i'll be catching up with you all once i'm feeling better.
Hugs, Tammy.

Angel Oliver
10-16-2009, 05:31 AM
Oh Tamy,

You poor thing.Im glad the hospital looked after you and you are now resting.Sorry you are going through this,but hope soon you do feel better.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

BonusMom
10-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Very unfortunate, Tammy, but glad you went to the hospital when you did. I've never had pneumonia, but understand it's very painful and the cough lingers for quite a while. Take it easy, stay in your jammies, lay on the couch and heal.

Bonita
10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Dear Tamy i hope you are feeling better i had pnemonia before i was diagnosised with lupus and myositis and it does not feel good. They are right the cough will linger for a while. Love and Prayers Bonita

lucky7
10-16-2009, 10:07 AM
AWWWW SO sorry for your OOKINESS Tammy!:no: Im happy to hear that it wasnt anything else though!:yes: Take care of yourself and im thinking about you!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:heart::hug:

DrinkofWtr
10-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Dear Tamy:

Get well quick.

kim,l
10-17-2009, 03:33 PM
tamy sorry to here you have been sick i know how frighteing it is to pheumonia both my husband and myself have been through it they are right it will take you a few weeks to get over just rest and and take it easy my friend i will be thinking of you hugs kim l

Tamy
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes , I am feeling better today. The cough is still hanging around, but there's definitely an improvement. Hope your all doing well.
Tammy.

debbie-b
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Tamy,

Hope you are getting better every day. I had what the doc thought was pneumonia, about 4 weeks ago, but the x-ray showed no pneumonia, so he thought it was a real bad bronchitis, my cough is just now getting a little better. I have coughed for over 4 weeks.

Debbie

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 07:31 AM
hi Tammy, glad you are feeling better. Recovery from Pneumonia can take several weeks so, take it easy, and take care of yourself. So glad the hospital was good to you.

lucky7
10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
HAPPY for YOU FEELING BETTER TAMMY!!!!!! WOO HOO to THAT!!!!!:cute:

Tamy
10-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for caring guys. I'm feeling much better thanks. The doctors said the cough might hang around for about 3 weeks. The breathing is thankfully back to normal, and the pain has gone. I've finished my round of medication, and i'm almost back to my normal self. The cough starts up when I talk too much, so i'm trying not speak so often. I think my husband is enjoying the silence.:laugh:
Tammy.

mountaindreamer
10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
hi tammy, glad that you are feeling better.....save your voice for the important stuff - i am sure your husband won't mind. ha ha ha

Angel Oliver
10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh im so glad you are feeling a little better.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxx

kim,l
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
hi tamy glad to hear your feeling better but still take it easy hugs kim l

lucky7
10-22-2009, 07:12 AM
WOO HOO YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!! LOL about the hubby not minding about not talking much!:laugh: