PDA

View Full Version : Maggots

BonusMom
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
What do you get when you put your wallet in your purse; the purse in the office; and then close the door to said office? A scum sucking, maggot thief. And to think I work with such a fine specimen.

Credit cards, cash for our weekend jaunt; ID; Costco membership (very important); health insurance cards. Everything. Oh, and my new Kenneth Cole wallet that I bought on a trip to SF (don't worry-I didn't pay retail).

It just really pisses me off (pardon the language) that somebody thinks that what's theirs is theirs, and what's mine is theirs too and come help yourself. If I wanted to make a charitable contribution I sure as hell would have given that money to the Lupus Foundation of America-not someone with no morals, conscious or ethics.

Ok--all better.

P.S. Just noticed that I've climbed up the animal kingdom.....fierce poodle....the maggots better watch out!

bunnie
10-15-2009, 06:44 PM
:shocked:Bonusmom, that bites!!! So sorry this happened to you. I hope you filed a report with your local police, maybe that will get something back to you, it's such a hassle to replace those items, not just the money...
God bless,
Deb

Saysusie
10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Was it a co-worker who did this to you? Unbelievable!!! Do you know which co-worker it was? If so, make sure that you name him/her as a suspect when you file the police report (and PLEASE do file a police report). I'm sorry that this happened to you and I do hope that you are able to get it sorted out quickly.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

BonusMom
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks ladies for your support.

I don't know for sure who committed the crime, but I do have a suspect in mind. I did call local law enforcement and the officer that took the report was very kind. Unfortunately, they get a lot of calls for petty thefts along the lines of stolen purses/wallets, etc. and not a lot can be done.

The real reason behind filing a police report is in the event someone tries to steal my identity and I've got to "prove" my innocence--yet another nightmare to straighten out with creditors and credit reporting agencies.

Since I cancelled the cards so quickly, I think I've thwarted any damage that could be done there. It's just so disheartening. You really try to believe in people and you find out that they're really maggots in disguise....

lucky7
10-16-2009, 10:10 AM
AWWWW, so SORRY about that! Some people just plain SUCK! Just be happy that you're NOT one of them! WOO HOO to YOU~~~ a NON-SUCKY PERSON!!!!!!:cute:

leaann
10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
sorry to hear about your purse.... hope that the person that took it gets cought... about 12 years ago I had my id stolen and it was a mess to get strighten out took me years lets hope that doesn't happen.... If the person that took it needed the money they should have ask somoeone for it I am sure that someone would have helped them out... people have just gone to far these days...

SandyR
10-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Bonusmom,

I am sorry to hear about that. What a shame that you can no longer feel safe in your place of employment. I am glad you called the PD. You should also call the 3 credit bureaus and ask them to put an alert on your accounts that someone stole your ID. That should help stop them from being able to use your cards or open new accounts and (hopefully) help catch the thief.

Sandy

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh my...that is awful...I am sorry that happened to you...my husband has had his identity stolen twice...his debit card is a different number than mine...We know it has to be someone who works at city hall...

I hope you were able to alert all the appropriate places immediatly and no monetary damage has happened to you....

dsunshine
10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear you were violated. Just know...You live by the sword you die by the sword...what goes around comes around...You reap what you sow...I have to constantly remind myself of this when I think of the people who have done me wrong!

Lala
10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Good advice about contacting the credit bureaus, Sandy. I hope the person actually gets caught, you would think you could trust a co-worker..such a bummer.

BonusMom
10-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the support gals! I knew that I could come here for a "vent" and some advice. I alerted the credit reporting agencies today and placed a freeze on my reports so that if someone attempts to open any accounts with my name they won't be able to because an id/password will be required.

DrinkofWtr
10-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Dear Bonus Mom:

It seems that you have to lock up everything nowadays. People just are not trustworthy anymore. It's better to be safe than sorry. I am sorry that this happened to you. It is so violating to be robbed like you have been.

rob
10-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Stuff like this really stinks. The fact that this was a co-worker makes it even worse.

I hope they catch the scum who stole your purse.

Rob

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 06:29 AM
hi bonusmom, i am so sorry that this has happened to you. I know times are tough on people, but to steal is just plain heartless. I am always amazed at theives that break into homes that have been damaged by flood, storms, etc. Have you notified your personnel dept. of the theft? At one of the plants that i oversee, we had an employee to steal from another. We knew who it was, but could not prove anything. I submitted a notice to all employees telling them to take extra caution protecting their valuables. I told them that we had a theif in our workplace, and that everyone needs to be careful. Sometimes peers can take care of each other more than the police or management.

SandyR
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Good advice about contacting the credit bureaus, Sandy. I hope the person actually gets caught, you would think you could trust a co-worker..such a bummer.

I once worked in the credit card department of a department store. I know that reporting an ID stolen to the credit bureaus has led to arrests in at least 2 instances that I was involved in opening a new credit application when the applicant attempted to open a new store credit card with someone else's fake ID. :yes:

Also, if you are reading this and you haven't already, you should photocopy the contents of your wallet, front and back, and keep that copy in a locked safe place, like a firesafe, incase your wallet is stolen so you have easy access to the numbers you need to cancel your accounts and report them stolen.

SandyR
10-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the support gals! I knew that I could come here for a "vent" and some advice. I alerted the credit reporting agencies today and placed a freeze on my reports so that if someone attempts to open any accounts with my name they won't be able to because an id/password will be required.

Oh, good, I am glad to hear that you called them. :yes: Also, if your husband has joint accounts with you, you should contact those business too and let them know your identity was compromised to make sure that his credit is protected as well. That way, some stranger can't just call and pretend to be you to get your hubby's info.