PDA

View Full Version : Im new Looking for friendly people

ELAphant
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi my name is Pamela Im new and still in the denial stage. im glad i found this web sight.

dsunshine
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Pamela
Sorry about the diagnosis of Lupus but so glad you found the site. This site is great for venting/questions/support or just cyber friends who know exactly what you are going through and exactly how you feel.
WELCOME AGAIN!

bunnie
10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi ELAphant!!
Welcome to WHL. This site has been so helpful and encouraging to me, and I am sure it will be for you, too!!
I am still going through the diagnosis stage... see the rheumy in two weeks, hopefully something conclusive comes out of it!! It's nice to see another Michigander on here!
God Bless,
Deb

BonusMom
10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
You won't find a finer group of people to share, celebrate and commiserate with! So sorry about your diagnosis, but grieving and denial are part of the acceptance process.

Saysusie
10-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Hello and Welcome Pamela;
You've found a place where everyone understands what you are going through. Denial is a place where we've all been. Once we've educated ourselves about this disease, its treatments, its medications, and how it affects us personally, the denial becomes power. I am a strong advocate for taking control of your health, demanding that doctors take you seriously, and making sure that we are not ignored and/or dismissed.
We are here to help you in any way that we can and as much as we can. I am so happy that you found us and that you decided to join our family. Once again.....Welcome!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-17-2009, 10:14 AM
hay pamela and welcome sure know where you are been there myself and some still go back when i get my stuboarn hat on lol!!!! welcome to the family may you find comfort when needed, laughter when at least expecting it, answers where you would never think you find it!! and finally family and friends with all xxx

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 06:00 AM
hi pamela, welcome to our "family of the sky". I remember being so very frightened when i was first diagnosed. I thought my life was over, and that i would loose my independence. Once i found this forum, and i began to learn more about lupus, i then began to relax a little, i educated myself on treatment options, and i made life-long friendships. Now, i know that life with lupus is frustrating, painful in many ways, and requires placing importance on myself. It was the incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate members of WHL that have helped me accept my life now, and i am no longer afraid. As saysusie said, learning to be your best advocate is one of the greatest gifts of this group. I promise, we will be here and we are always ready to help. We even have a few laughs along the way.

debbie-b
10-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Hi Pamela,

Welcome to your new family.
I think most of us went through the denial stage. This site is very helpful, it will help you to understand this disease. If you have any questions, there is always somebody here, with an answer.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Hello and welcome Pamela,

How are you feeling this week? Hope you are feeling a little better and settling in nicely here.

Love
Amanda.xx

SandyR
10-20-2009, 08:28 PM
welcome to WHL Pamela! This is a wonderful place to fing the love and support you are looking for.