PDA

View Full Version : rheumi appointment for daughter

kim,l
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
hi everyone took mikaela to rheumi today after examining her he is worried he said she has definite muscle weakness and gait problems he is ordering tests for lupus and other diseases he said what she is complaining about is not normal he said she definitly needs to see neurologist and have mri and ct scan he had such a worried look on his face it has really frightened me he is worried she might have some muscle weakening disorder because she is fatigued and when he touched her legs and arms she jumped and complained it hurt her when she walked she tipped over when he asked her to close her eyes and open them she was all over the place. he asked me how long this was going on i said i am not sure i always assumed she was just daydreaming when she walked and bumped into things and was just a bit clumsy i feel so guilty i was so wrapped up with my own illness and stephens i never thought for one minute mikaela might be suffering from her own illness i just won,t forgive myself if anything serious is wrong she is light of my life i love her so much she is my baby i donot know what to do or feel i am just so numb i just want to take all her pain away it is not fair she only starting out her life. well thankyou for listening everyone many hugs kim l

mountaindreamer
10-15-2009, 07:46 AM
hi kim, i sent you a pm.

magistramarla
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi Kim,
Don't blame yourself, sweetie. You have a lot to deal with, and you're doing all that you can. Just take care of yourself, since you need to be strong for all of them. Mikaela needs you to be her strongest advocate. Learn as much as you can about what she is being tested for, and ask the docs lots of questions.
We're all here, supporting you.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

lucky7
10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
We are so hard on ourselves as MOTHERS, WIVES, DAUGHTERS etc. PLEASE DONT be so HARD on YOURSELF Kim, YOU ARE A GOOD MOTHER who is human and CANT CATCH EVERYTHING that is thrown your way. You arent SUPERWOMAN sweetie, you are doing what you feel is BEST RIGHT NOW, you CANT beat yourself up for what you THINK you should have CAUGHT SOONER. Give yourself CREDIT for ALL the THINGS you DO and HAVE DONE for your children,THOSE are the THINGS you HAVE to FOCUS on:cute: HEALTHY women CANT be Superwomen and CATCH it ALL, so, cut yourself some slack and remember you have some extra hurdles to jump due to being sick. Our children understand MORE than we realize.:cute:

GENTLE HUGSXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh Kim...I do understand where you are coming from...I have had some simular situations, but you can't take the blame for everything...the good news is that she is being looked at right now...many have to go from doc to doc trying to get him to listen to them that their child is indeed ill and not in the head....I had that happen to me with one of mine...try not to be so hard on yourself as it might only serve to make you more ill....

SandyR
10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Kim,

I don't think you have anything to blame yourself for. It was your care and concern and GOOD MOTHERING that persisted that Mikela be seen by the doctor and your motherly instincts are proving to have been on target. If anything, you should be glad you listened to your instincts.

Sandy